Games Gothic 3, funny moment but oh so annoying

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I am on this holy quest to slay three cows, but as soon as i touch one the other two runs off straight into the unending forest. Now you might wonder what evil 3 cows have done.... well... we'll leave it at that.

21e6b9f.jpg

Any suggestions? Anyone that haven't tried this game should, great fun!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Gothic 3 is a rancid pile of shit oblivion wannabe :p failed project, tried it awhile back played it for a whole day then branded it the shittest rpg ever made.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Gothic 3 is a rancid pile of shit oblivion wannabe :p failed project, tried it awhile back played it for a whole day then branded it the shittest rpg ever made.

Did you use the Community patch? The patch improves the game vastly beyond belief, it actually makes it decent :

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Did you use the Community patch? The patch improves the game vastly beyond belief, it actually makes it decent :

Exactly. There is a patch 1.7 out now, that is about 800 - 900 mb to download and it makes everything so much smoother.

Oblivion is a Oblivion wannabe tbh. Gothic 3 is so far away from Oblivion as it can get.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am a sucker for any game that at least looks good, getting it atm and with nothing much out there to try then this should be up to something.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
tried it
found it clunky to control and it had graphics lag far too extreme for the settings i tried

didnt really like it .. had potential but didnt get far enough to see much. only freed the town on the coast by killing everyone.. by standing in a door with a polearm and spamming attack as they tried to pile through the door :|

Afran

Part of the furniture
tried it
found it clunky to control and it had graphics lag far too extreme for the settings i tried

didnt really like it .. had potential but didnt get far enough to see much. only freed the town on the coast by killing everyone.. by standing in a door with a polearm and spamming attack as they tried to pile through the door :|

1. Have the 1.7 community patch posted above
2. Have alternative AI enabled so you can't just spam click ;<
3. Better PC!

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
1. Have the 1.7 community patch posted above
2. Have alternative AI enabled so you can't just spam click ;<
3. Better PC!

Seconded that.
I found Gothic 3 a very good game (even if it needed some tweaks).
Personnally, I found it better than Oblivion...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i had the community patch
er, dunno what that is :D
have a decent PC way above what it recommends - i can play it without lag, but the top end settings tend to spaz out a bit, dunno why

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Nah, think when I tried it it had only been out for like 10 hours or so, you couldn't even progress in the main story line because half of it didn't work.

Afran

Part of the furniture
er, dunno what that is :D

Basically, if you don't have alternative AI enabled, no matter how many enemies on the screen, only one will attempt to attack you at any time; enabling alternative AI allows them to act as they wish. Having it off is retarded ^^

Lethul

FH is my second home
I found Gothic 3 quite fun when it was released, even if the killer boars where annoying as hell :) Sadly my computer couldn't really handle it so after a while i got bored with the laggfest :(

When i buy a new comp i might try it again with a few patches :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom