got me si enabled horay BUT

O

oldgit

I get to server selection screen, it does say at top that SI is enabled, i press play crash to desk top,
i have a amd 1800+ and 512k mb of ram
nvidia geforce 4 ti 4600, can anyone help, or anyone have same problems.

O

oldgit

am i the only one who has the problem, plz say if you get it too,
or if you know of anybody who has said the same.

A

acei

i have VERY similar spec's but mine is only 256MB DDR RAM and Geforce 2MX and it runs it superb... so it's something wrong with your system it seems...

B

bosshogg

I have a amd 2100+, same GFX and same amount of RAM.

SI runs fine on full settings. It does, im afraid, sound like some problem with your box mate. :(

O

oldgit

ok thx for the replies better get it looked at :(

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Get all your drivers reinstalled.

BIOS, chipset, graphics, Direct X9 etc..

Got a firewall on or anything that might be doing it?

O

oldgit

anyone know what this is,this is what the problem is
appname:game.dll
appver:0.1.5.2
modname:unknown
modver:0.0.0.0
offset:0012dbb6

btw i uninstalled dx9
and reinstalled it

O

oldgit

ok unininstalled SI from pc and installed again, now i can get in, But not stable it kicked me out after 20 mins, and i have trouble getting back in but i can if i keep trying, new error

runtime error
programme:c:\shrouded isles\game.dll
r6025
-pure virtual function call

O

Olgark

I have just got SI activated and mine crashes to desktop at character select screen.

system is Althalon 1GHz 512meg DDRAM . ADSL. Windows 98SE.
I got Dirext X 8 and all the latest drivers for graphics and sound card. GFX card is GeForce 4 4600 TI.

I disabaled my firewall but it makes no difference.

Just to note i just got a "can not render" message when trying to load SI.

W

wuntvor

I found I was having problems with PC lock-up's while playing SI. They happened about every 30mins with the only way to get round it being to reboot.

Running a P4 1.7, with a GF4 TI4200 and DX8.1

I had downloaded the Nvidia drivers for the GFX card, after trying everything else I reinstalled the manufactures driver from the disk that came with the GFX card.

Seems to have solved the problem.

Dunno if it helps but worth a go.

F

Flimgoblin

try the 40.72 detonator drivers..

if you have a VIA 4in1 motherboard upgrade those

try directx 9, or try 8.1 if yer using directx 9...

O

oldgit

i tried all uninstall game reinstall game, uninstall nvidia drivers use older ones, use ones on the disk that came with the card,
uninstalled dx9 install dx 8.1 this game dont work on my pc,
there is nothing wrong with my pc, as i play many other games with no probs. and as you can see others have same problem,
i reported it on right now, and waiting for reply, will tell you what they say if they do, soon i hope.
This is the funny bit, when i did get it too work,
i moved my main char to the new isles, now he is stuck there, ROFL so far SI release has cost me money, and about 6 hours trying to register it, and 4 hours trying to get it to work, GOD i am so happy

F

Flimgoblin

know the feeling - spent 2 days getting my girlfriend's computer to run it - 120 quid on a new graphics card (after lots of driver installing/removing) and still buggered...

removed 128 megs of memory and it all started working again

*screams*

Oh well at least I get to see the nice fancy new shadows/reflections on her screen :)

O

Olgark

got mine sorted out now.
installed the 4.10 drivers for my geforce4 4600ti and dirext x 9 . thanks for the tip guys.

G

Gwidoc

I have excatly the same problem git... i had Gwidoc stuck in SI.. but ran old client and got him out again...

hope they somehow make a patch so we can play this lovely game

O

oldgit

Well i for one am fed up trying to fix it my end,
all i want to do is go to work come home, eat my dinner, and have a nice game on my pc, but no i cant, why cause this game is not tested properly, and the game programme is badly written,
goa charge me a monthly subscription to fuck with my head,and get me to fuck my pc up, by uninstalling and reinstalling loads of drivers, Old and New to see if i can get somthing to work,

S

svartmetall

I get the same thing, spent a lot of today installing/uninstalling/reinstalling, REALLY PISSED OFF now, all I get is crahs to desktop every time - I get the CD-key screen, click OK, then the next screen (that little black one with DAOC logo) just vanishes the instant it appears, it's on for literally maybe a quarter of a second, then nothing.

System is:

Athlon XP2200+
512MB Crucial DDR RAM
Xstasy GF4Ti4600
Detonator 41.09 drivers

...I'm utterly stumped. This is exactly the same system/drivers which happily ran DAOC before the last patch; I'm sure it started to do this after I downloaded that last patch, myself. Emailed GOA who, of course, haven't responded. Started a thread in the Technical forum here which no-one has responded to either. GRRRRRR.

Need help on this one, guys, ATM I can't play DAOC/SI at all on my machine.

S

sensu

SI problems

I've had some serious problems with SI.

I got the game today, loaded it up, logged in, subscribed, etc.
I got the game running fine, was in avalon near adribards with new grafix and what not sorting out my tool bars... everything running fine.

Then, I go into the portal to the new continent, everything seem fine. Then within a few minutes, say about 5 mins my pc decides to randomly restart itself. I try again, I get into the game get on horse, chat with some friends and bang, it goes again. Each time I have logged in this has happened within about 5 mins of game play.

Im presently downloading all the new windows updates I can find.

I also have a radeon grafix card as I have seen that is a post on a few forums.

If anyone else is experiencing these problems please say so, and if anyone knows how to sort them please also say how.

Thanx

Sensu 42 Infiltrator
<Humberton Guard>

A

Astrodaug

similar problems here.

I have 2 pc's, both windowsXP, athlons, gf3ti200's with identical drivers ..... one works fine with SI, the other boots out to desktop within 5secs of loading into the game! wtf? :(

totally puzzled by this, tried disabling sound, changing memory timings, underclocking cpu, new 4in1's, and about 4 sets of nvidia drivers, nothing makes any difference!

Would love to know whats going on and how to fix it.

O

Olgark

I had trouble with my copy after altering some of the options for video. And it kept booting me back to desktop before it would load the character selection screen.
So I deleted the User.dat file in the SI folder to reset them all. Now I use the predefined settings and everything works fine.

N

Nalikin

my brother had probs with the game crashing to desktop , or just freezing up , sent a report to rightnow , this was the reply :-

[rightnow response]

This is a known issue with Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition , Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition , Microsoft Windows 98 , Microsoft Windows 95 directly from Microsoft when there is 512 megs of RAM or more installed on your PC. There is a workaround, which is the following:

Use the MaxFileCache setting in the System.ini file to reduce the maximum amount of memory that Vcache uses to 512 megabytes (524,288 KB) or less

Users have to remove the additional RAM temporarily to allow the system to boot before the procedure can be performed.

Remove enough system RAM to bring the total below 512 megabytes.

Restore the power source.

Start the computer.

Locate the SYSTEM.INI file (usually located at C:\Windows\SYSTEM.INI).

Right-click the SYSTEM.INI file and select the Open With... option.

Select Notepad from the program list.

Click the Ok button.

Locate the [VCache] section in the SYSTEM.INI file.

Change the MaxFileCache setting to a value less than 524288 (kilobytes).

Example: [VCache]
MaxFileCache=523264 *If there is no MaxFileCache entry, please add it and set the value as show in the example above.*

From the Notepad menu, select File > Save.

Close Notepad.

Shut the computer down.

Disconnect the power source.

Reinstall the system RAM removed in Step 2.

Start the computer. It should boot normally.

[rightnow response]

Hope that works for you , worked for my brother

M

Mortifier

Im starting to wonder if there ever was a beta. I seriously would like to know..............

Im crashing to desktop too, with 640 mb RAM on my win98 OS.
So will change to xp today and see if this works better.

Why the hell hasnt GOA atleast tested the game for the most normal chipset. Is it really a company ? or some geeks looking for quick money

A

Astrodaug

Originally posted by Mortifier
Im starting to wonder if there ever was a beta. I seriously would like to know..............

Im crashing to desktop too, with 640 mb RAM on my win98 OS.
So will change to xp today and see if this works better.

Why the hell hasnt GOA atleast tested the game for the most normal chipset. Is it really a company ? or some geeks looking for quick money

i just switched from XP to 98se and it the only difference it made is that now my pc completely locks-up whereas before it crashed to desktop.

O

old.Jable

removing ram to change vcache settings? omg what are they talking about?

seriously, that may work, but only because of poor vision by the programmers in the first place. how many popular games require that sort of workaround?

O

oldgit

atlast a reply from goa,
i said,
There does seem to bee a major problem,
with this game runnimg on pc,s with via chipsets,
and nvidia ti range vidio cards,
they said to me,

Hello,

It is a real problem for most of our players. If any test you are doing is working can you please keep us inform? This would be great.
Thank you
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom