Got a question for you all

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
So, mentioned this a cpl of times but im in this situation:

Bought CE preorder months ago butthey didnt take my details in HMV and I have moved since then to a new job so cant pop down the store for a chat with them. Ive ordered my SE from EA today so I will definitely have an active game account come launch day ( cos I dont wanna have to restart a new account after headstart) and as it's premium it includes ingame items and open beta access.

My question is this:

Can I use my CE preorder codes and then downgrade to SE acount when the game goes live? I figure I would loose all the titles, char heads are not available til live anyway and I wouldnt get the preorder boxed items (art/mat/minature). So really all I get is one extra day of headstart for the price of a £10 preorder box. Pretty steep really. Anyone know if this works or does CE preorder definately have to be matched with CE boxed codes?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can't say for definite but afaik you'll lose your CE headstart account unless you have a CE to activate it with.

It might not be the case though.

Worst case: you play 4 days of headstart and have to begin a new cahr.

Best case: you play 4 days of headstart and keep playing on SE.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I've asked exactly this question on the Q&A thread. Let's see.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The difficulty is that if they say you can do that then people with CEs ordered from play.com could cancel them and order the SE and still enjoy the open beta access and extra headstart as play.com don't charge you until the final game is shipped.

Given that some people only ordered CE for the open Beta and headstart it could be a potential nightmare in lost CE orders.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
The REAL CE ingame stuff (heads, titles, extra quests) is tied to the code contained within the actual CE box you wont get until the 18th Sept. The stuff from the preorder of the CE wont flag your account as CE as it's just pre order bonuses which are pretty much the same as the SE except you get 1 extra day of headstart.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
The REAL CE ingame stuff (heads, titles, extra quests) is tied to the code contained within the actual CE box you wont get until the 18th Sept. The stuff from the preorder of the CE wont flag your account as CE as it's just pre order bonuses which are pretty much the same as the SE except you get 1 extra day of headstart.

Ahh yes of course. It was recently pointed out that you couldn't get the in-game stuff until the actual game code was entered. I remember because people had asked if they could use the CE character model head on a character created during headstart where it wouldn't be available at character creation time. The answer was yes as there will be a mechanism to change to it at a later time.

But can you still be sure the codes from a CE pre-order don't flag the account as "CE"? I've still not seen that answered anywhere. If there is a differene in the codes between CE and SE pre-order headstarts then an SE game code won't keep a CE headstart account running.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
Well I can't be 100% sure as I don't work for GOA but from all of the snippets from diferent GOA and Mythic I've read I can only conclude that the pre order codes just infer bonus items and only the CE release day box code will actually give you the CE content. I don't think theres actually an SE account or CE account as such, there is simply an account that has various flags turned on within it dependent on what codes you have entered within it. I'm fairly sure that if you were to start playing using only SE codes for a couple of months and then obtained an unopened CE box 2 months later it would accept the code and unlock the CE items and would not refuse the code as you only had an SE account.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
<snip> I'm fairly sure that if you were to start playing using only SE codes for a couple of months and then obtained an unopened CE box 2 months later it would accept the code and unlock the CE items and would not refuse the code as you only had an SE account.

I could believe that too but it's the opposite situation that is troubling people most. A CE headstart code followed up by an SE game code intended to keep the CE headstart account running. I hope you're right Popov or there may well be lots of disappointed peeps out there.

mykiep

Regular Freddie
Well I can't be 100% sure as I don't work for GOA but from all of the snippets from diferent GOA and Mythic I've read I can only conclude that the pre order codes just infer bonus items and only the CE release day box code will actually give you the CE content. I don't think theres actually an SE account or CE account as such, there is simply an account that has various flags turned on within it dependent on what codes you have entered within it. I'm fairly sure that if you were to start playing using only SE codes for a couple of months and then obtained an unopened CE box 2 months later it would accept the code and unlock the CE items and would not refuse the code as you only had an SE account.
Does anybody know if this is the case ? or could find out?
ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom