Gorre?

P

Pouget

G'day all.

I thought the Gorre test server should have been opened this week to all players. So far I haven't seen any news on the official site about this. Does anyone have any information on the status of the test server? I really would like to give a try on the battlegrounds and see what the patch brings along for pallys and friars.

I just hope that opening the test server a week too late doesn't postpone the patch upgrade... (tho it probably will :( ).

V

Vell

Yep, this is the first week in June, so Gorre should be opened. But it's not. Ho hum. Maybe later today sometime? /crosses fingers

O

old.Nim

Just tried it, everything's in French (not too bad for me, but I thought there were going to be all languages... )

Anyway, will wait and see what news GOA announces today to see if there are any further instructions..

A

Armolas

As far as I know they will be rotating the different languages until release, after which they will close it again.

O

old.Nim

Well, that makes sense and shows how little I pay attention! The good news is, it all seems to work at my end. Patch downloaded relatively quickly compared to 1.45 (mind you, I'm on a better DSL connection too) and I got in and was able to create a character quickly on my 3rd realm.

Still - think I may wait for English to show up before I really investigate!

O

old.Occulta

So does this mean i dont need to download the patch again when it goes live?

And will i have to download it again to do it in english?

it makes no sense. :rolleyes:

A

Aeiedil

Well time to collect the full set of 1.48 patches i think :)

O

old.Occulta

Just logged on gorre and i cannot understand anything i saw one person and he was german so i thought i might as well wait till it comes out in english. :rolleyes:

L

Lanceloc

Just got a fighter to level 2 and the first thing i noticed (after the French language) is that items are stackable, well spider legs are anyway.

I think its a waste of time though so I'll let others do the testing while i play my main on Prydwen.

O

old.Occulta

and youll miss the england match to play a few minutes of camelot?

This is our greatest moment.

L

lairiodd

I assume that there is no point in downloading the patch files until exc is being mirrored, otherwise you will get the wrong update files

This first thing I noticed is that the char creation screens are in french. This is new, currently char creation screens are in english on the french servers

A

Alrindel

The character creation screens aren't on the server, they're part of the client. You must have downloaded the pacthed 1.48 client in french.

T

Thorarin

Well, yes, that's what the update.dat makes you do ;(

I've tried editing it, but I don't think the English patch is even on the server. Anyone else had better luck guessing the proper path? :)

O

old.Chronic

I did a trace on that Ip its leads to Paris so I think thats why you can't find any other files..

O

old.jon kemper

hi in your camelot directory, there is a folder called language, this folder contains all the french translations, for the english pages.

In effect the game is always in english, just with french language mapped over the original english text. to get the english patch all you do is delete the language directory . however the patcher replaces these files if you try to log in on an english client

O

old.Whut

Originally posted by Occulta
So does this mean i dont need to download the patch again when it goes live?

And will i have to download it again to do it in english?

it makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Well one of the stated benefits of trying Gorre is supposed to be that you don't then have to download the patch on patch day.

However, given that you have to create a copy of the game directory to play Gorre, which is then updated for you to play there, I think as your original directory is not updated, then you will still have to patch that one on patch day.

Hope I am wrong.

C

cadiva

Instructions?

Did anyone read the instructions which said duplicate your Mythic file and unzip the downloaded update file into the duplicate copy so you don't affect your original client copy?

The way I figure it is unless you want to play your original client in French or German, you'll have to wait til they are mirroring Excalibur for the English client patch.
So, play now in French/German by duplicating your Mythic directory and then you'll have to still patch your English version on patch day.

If anyone now needs the original (unpatched) English update.dat file, message me and I'll email it over to you.

Edit: Spelling errors

O

old.Breydel

Just got a fighter to level 2 and the first thing i noticed (after the French language) is that items are stackable, well spider legs are anyway.

OMG, wasn't that in 1.45 yet? Stacking loot is one of those nice little improvements yes, gives you something to do during downtime. :)

Breydel
45 warden MLF

A

Aeiedil

also when i was on Gorre for a short while with a n00b eld it meant i didnt have to sell until level 5 because i didnt run outa room, and it almost made the loot seem worthwhile :D

S

SFXman

Well... since you are on Excalibur you will get to test the patch sometime soon when the server is changed into "english-mode" and the excalibur database is put into place.

L

Lanceloc

I think that when the patch goes live you just use the new version to continue with your old chars. Get me?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Lanceloc
I think that when the patch goes live you just use the new version to continue with your old chars. Get me?
Umm... duh... but, your point waaaasss... besides pointing out something extremely logical and imminent?

Anyhoo... stackable loot?! How much can you stack 'em?! I mean... with tanks you have easily enough strength but not enough space, this change is superb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom