Gorre...questions/thoughts...

I

inqy

what language will gorre use? Will Gorre stay after the testing and all servers are patched or will it be removed?

If it's possible I'd like start as a Hibbie on there, at least that way I'll have tried all 3 realms out. Quite fancy making an Eld. But don't want to waste my time if the server will be removed soon.

V

Vell

I suggest you go and re-read the announcement.

Gorre will be a test server, used to test the translations of ALL three languages. In order to do this, it will be continually wiped and replaced. I would have thought a couple of times a week.

It really really is not worth starting a new character on there to play. That's why they wqill copy the character database from the others servers onto Gorre, so that you can go and test, rather than having to make a new character (a la US test server)

I

inqy

Originally posted by jizzy
Will Gorre stay after the testing and all servers are patched or will it be removed?

I understand that it will probably be wiped frequently during testing. But AFTER that is completed, what then?

V

Vell

It may well be removed from public use, as GOA use Gorre to test all kinds of things, like events, and internal testing on the patches before they open the server up for public testing.
So I wouldn't expect it to be useable after patching either. Don't forget that we still have many many patches to go anyway.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, how do I get the link in my sig to actually be a link, instead of just the writing?

F

fatgit

After 1.48, theres 1.48, 1.50a, 1.50b, 1.50c etc

Then theres also testing of scripts for unique quests etc that 1.48 will allow them to create.

Then there's PvP server testing.

Should keep Gorre busy for a while :)

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by fatgit
After 1.48, theres 1.49, 1.50a, 1.50b, 1.50c etc
Then theres also testing of scripts for unique quests etc that 1.48 will allow them to create.
Then there's PvP server testing.
Should keep Gorre busy for a while :)

then there is the events i am sure that they will want to test them first to make sure that they will work

:m00:

T

Tasans

Oh, and by the way, how do I get the link in my sig to actually be a link, instead of just the writing?
Yeah you have to type (without the blanks between [ ]):
[ url ]http://www.ghostsofvalhalla.org[ /url ]

I

inqy

oke doke, forget about it being a useful server.

[url=www.awebaddress.com]Your link title[/url]

V

Vell

oke doke, forget about it being a useful server.

Unfortunately, I think so, yes.

And thanks for the help guys. Hope it works.

M

matax

If it's possible I'd like start as a Hibbie on there, at least that way I'll have tried all 3 realms out. Quite fancy making an Eld. But don't want to waste my time if the server will be removed soon.

Start a keen on Orcaine then :)

A

Aeiedil

markm Orcaine is not going to be used.

English : Excalibur
German : Avalon
French : errrrrm, the biggest one (forgotten name)

V

Vell

Erm, hadn't we already decided that you couldn't really use Gorre anyway?

Markm was responding to the fact that the original poster wanted to play hibernia. And currently, the best bet, if you want to do that, is to create a Keen!

O

old.Grymshadow

If they copy your character across, why bother using the server at all?
Any XP gained will be pointless.
Any RP+BP gained will, again be pointless.

Unless your lvl50 and have all the items you need, and are extremly bored, I fail to see why anyone would want to waste time there.

M

matax

Originally posted by Aeiedil
markm Orcaine is not going to be used.

English : Excalibur
German : Avalon
French : errrrrm, the biggest one (forgotten name)

Orcaine is a French server, but if you are reading these forums you should have seen lots of posts about the 'Lurikeen Invasion' guild forming on Hibernia there with Lurikeen and Firbolg characters of which most come from our English servers - its an option if you want to play Hib, but already have Mid/Alb on our current 2 servers :)

And what do you mean English: Excalibur - what about Prydwen ?

V

Vell

Originally posted by Grymshadow
If they copy your character across, why bother using the server at all?
Any XP gained will be pointless.
Any RP+BP gained will, again be pointless.

Unless your lvl50 and have all the items you need, and are extremly bored, I fail to see why anyone would want to waste time there.

I'm not quite sure.....so that you can go try the dragon solo? And XP gained would be pointless....but at least XP lost wouldn't get remembered.

To try out different specs for your character? I have some that I haven't spent yet - I could go play around.

Out of the goodness of your heart - to do GOA's job for them even though you pay them, not the other way around?

C

cleeve

Moosey!!

Those 3 servers listed - will provide the players database for Gorre the test server - so we can logon and test using a character from excal

:D

Revor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom