Gorre is testing 1.49

O

old.LandShark

well spotted sir :)
Now all i need is to find out how i make my updater download 1.49....
anyone?

O

old.LandShark

ah n1, i like an idiot was looking for subjects with 1.49 in the topic.
Cheers.

A

aberrac

Originally posted by old.LandShark
well spotted sir :)
Now all i need is to find out how i make my updater download 1.49....
anyone?

I'd advise against it...

You need to follow the instructions on here :

http://faq.camelot-europe.com/cgi-bin/rightnow_fr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_admin=1&p_faqid=432

Then the copy DAOC you have created will access Gorre, and auto-patch to 1.49, BUT you can't connect to any of the other servers using 1.49, they will refuse connection (well they did on the last patch that was on Gorre before it went live on the other servers, and I'm confident the same would happen this time).

Given that you then have to wait for Gorre to be running a version of the game you can understand, ideally with a database that has a decent level character of yours on it, and you can sort of try out some of the changes in 1.49.

Some folks enjoy it, and GOA need the feedback from testers so it's worthwhile for those reasons, but I don't have enough free time to play the 'real' versions of my DAOC characters, never mind do all this as well...

O

old.tRoG

Where is/are the entrance(s) to DF anyway?

Y

Yussef

Albion is the demon keep near Prydwen Bridge and the relic keeps I think, probably relic keeps are best bet.

O

old.LandShark

abberac: I realise this. I'm going to patch a COPY of my DAOC folder.
As it is tho the patch server seems to be dead... can't connect to it atm. :/
I also realise it's not on my language and it's not on my server's database, but i speak french and basically i just want to peep into DF. :)

O

Orin Askhammare

Wouldn't it be cool if some Kemor would put all level 1s that will be online tonight there to level 30ish? :D Or at least a nice level spread so we can test ;)

A

aberrac

old.Landshark : Hadn't thought that folks were so keen to die horribly to new beasties... ;)

Be interested to hear what you make of it, I'll stick to crawling up levels in slow motion on Prydwen for now though.....

A

Alrindel

They already have a nice level spread with all the characters from Brocelliande copied over, I'm afraid we will just have to wait our turn (or wait until patch day, if they don't get to an Excalibur test first). Aberrac, you can have several different versions of the DAoC client on your hard drive, they don't conflict. At the moment I have 1.48 euro-in-english, 1.51 US and tonight I will add a third, 1.49 euro-test-in-french.

O

old.LandShark

thank you Seerkind.

edit: just occured to me I'll have to go to excal to get into DF, otherwise the nasty manes demons will pwnz0r me. Still... be refreshing to run down the road in Sauvage without having Killgorde and his hairies jump on top of me :)

A

aberrac

Originally posted by Alrindel
Aberrac, you can have several different versions of the DAoC client on your hard drive, they don't conflict. At the moment I have 1.48 euro-in-english, 1.51 US and tonight I will add a third, 1.49 euro-test-in-french.

Knew that friend, did it (albeit accidentally:)) setting things up for my one trip to Gorre...

S

Seerkind

OK ive been in DF and very nice it is too. There is no minimum level ( i was level 2 ).
I got in there from Excaliber, you have to go into second room, the one where it leads to relic, and you will see a nice new spangly purple portal to go through.

This is like no other dungeon ive seen in DAOC, its BIG !! Its more like a new city. Will be nice to explore it with my main char tho, cant wait till excaliber gets char transfer, or better still proper patch :)

Good luck all trying to take a peek like I did, was very cool.

A

Alrindel

No, albs had it on Brocelliande so it was only open to Albion.

O

old.Flamin

Well it didnt work for me :( i made a char and when i was going to join nothing happend just a blackscreen my mousepointer and the music nothing els..

K

Khalen

Me 2 Flamin, even did a reboot. nothing helps...

C

Cerverloc

Same here. I patched to 1.49 and then past the creation screen where you are suppose to load into the game black screen and nothing happens after that.

O

old.tRoG

but if the df portals are in the relic keeps... then you have to own the relics :eek:

or am i just stating the obvious?

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by old.tRoG
but if the df portals are in the relic keeps... then you have to own the relics :eek:

or am i just stating the obvious?

No, relic keeps are always yours.. the relics are just moved to their enemy counterparts when stolen

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

i cantr get onto gorre :( keeps saying cant connect to update server :( .

i have played gorre previously and kept the same folder itwsin . and itdont work :( i even deletedthe file and re-copied it and started from fresh , and still no luck . looks like im gonna have to wait for it togo live . :( .. UNLESS can somebody tell me what is in there Update fileplz cos i THINK i am using the english one . and cos this isa french database it wont connect to fench database gorre :(

this is EXACTLY what i have in my update file atm for gorre .

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.141:1280/updates/testen/camelot/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.142:1280/updates/testen/camelot/mpatch.dat

K

Khalen

Originally posted by old.¥ØÐÄ
i cantr get onto gorre :( keeps saying cant connect to update server :( .

i have played gorre previously and kept the same folder itwsin . and itdont work :( i even deletedthe file and re-copied it and started from fresh , and still no luck . looks like im gonna have to wait for it togo live . :( .. UNLESS can somebody tell me what is in there Update fileplz cos i THINK i am using the english one . and cos this isa french database it wont connect to fench database gorre :(

this is EXACTLY what i have in my update file atm for gorre .

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.141:1280/updates/testen/camelot/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.142:1280/updates/testen/camelot/mpatch.dat

That's outdated, Seerkind already provided with the good one ->

Zip File

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

Originally posted by Khalen

That's outdated, Seerkind already provided with the good one ->

Zip File

thnx khalen just d/l it gonan try it now n hope it works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom