old.Lonewolf

God do u actually work lad!

OH FOR FUCK SAKE ITS FRENCH!!

O

old.Lonewolf

Wait wait it changes languages WOO

S

Seyrcim

Of course it's french. Did you actually think they would let the english part of the community get anything first ?

A

Alrindel

The fact that there are a lot more french users than english users, and that it's the french and german translations that need testing, has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

S

Seyrcim

Well, if you look back a bit, f.ex to the time of patchin to 1.45, which language do you think got their servers patched last ?

C

Chenuba

LoL, GOA another nice move, let the english speaking players wait another month for patchtranslationtest for German/French servers. So lame they don't patch us right away with existing patch.
And no, it's not taking the piss on German/French players. They've chosen to play in their own language and therefore they should be prepared for the extra time before they get patches, because of tranlation issues. I don't think that many German/French players would reroll on english servers just because it was patched before their own servers, they would surely play US servers allready by now, if that was the case.

V

Vell

Erm, guys, lets think about this for a second.

The ENGLISH language version has ALREADY been tested, for month and months, in the US. We don not need to test this version!

The GERMAN and FRENCH versions, however, DO need to be tested, because they have not been tested rigorously already.

Therefore, the foreign language versions will get tested first, as they will require more tweaking. The English one will not.

You can download the patch now, it doesn't matter that they are currently testing the french version. The patch doesn't change for different languages - it's the same patch for all.

Please, think about things before you post, it doesn't do you any favours to rant like morons.

O

old.RolandRidgeBack

hmmmmmmmmmmm

so they struggle to get patches done for the english speakers but manage to get a full server open to the french????????????????????????????

V

Vell

Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by RolandRidgeBack
so they struggle to get patches done for the english speakers but manage to get a full server open to the french????????????????????????????

Please go and reread all the information on the DAoC-Europe website. If you don't unbderstand it, please get an adult to read it to you, and explain it all in little words.

O

old.Lonewolf

I say fook the French and Fook the Germans and give us the goddamn patch and stop being so pedantic about it?

Was that flame good Chenuba, I am trying aggressive dunno if its working yet? :rolleyes:

M

Madonion Slicer

Sod it i dont care if it is french not like we all dont know what to do anyway, i for one will be checking it asap.

Woo hoo must make a fire wizard for that second bolt line yeah!! oo what else is in there i forgotten now it's been so long.

A

Alrindel

At least we (Excalibur) are luckier than those other sods (Prydwen) - from what I understand they will be rotating Gorre through the three languages to test different things, and when the server is in english they will import the Excalibur player database, so we get to take our nice high level characters for a test drive. :)

F

Flimgoblin

Heh,

The server rotates:

One day(week?) it's Broceliande-test
next day(week?) it's Avalon-test
after that it's Excalibur-test
(not necessarily in that order - but probably as the French/German versions will have more to test)

Unfortunately you won't be able to start your third realm char yet - as they'll get wiped constantly judging by the stuff...

Moment it turns to Excalibur I'm off to rule the Battlegrounds :):clap: :clap: :clap:

M

Madonion Slicer

If they did it in week rotation that would be good, means you get week of the BG, will have to get my Wiz to 25 before it is our turn

K

Keri

Originally posted by Vell
The ENGLISH language version has ALREADY been tested, for month and months, in the US. We don not need to test this version!

The GERMAN and FRENCH versions, however, DO need to be tested, because they have not been tested rigorously already.

Therefore, the foreign language versions will get tested first, as they will require more tweaking. The English one will not.

Do you really think GOA can guarantee that there will be no bugs in the English version? I think that will be a first if it is the case. :p

T

Thorarin

Has anyone figured out a way to download the English version of the client side patch, so at least the game itself stays English?

I've tried editing the update.dat file, but I'm beginning to doubt if the English version of the patch is actually on the server.

O

old.RolandRidgeBack

Re: Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Vell

Please go and reread all the information on the DAoC-Europe website. If you don't unbderstand it, please get an adult to read it to you, and explain it all in little words.

:) ill read it now when sober it willprobably make more sence :)

S

SFXman

Then again who really gives a rats ass, ESPECIALLY if for your server database is never transferred there... starting a new character on a test server is plain stupid. As was said earlier if the english version is tested, then the excalibur character database is put there so I don't even want to go visit that test server.
As some said... the english patch does not require testing... it's the same one as in already in use in the US :p

T

Thorarin

You mean it's the one that has been out of use in the US for ages, right? :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Thorarin
You mean it's the one that has been out of use in the US for ages, right? :)
Eeeexaaaactlyyy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom