Gorre... (again!)

I

inqy

I understand that it is important for Gorre to be primarily used for testing the French & German versions. But when will it be using the excalibur DB (ie english). I'm keen to play around in ENGLISH, to try out some of the stuff thats been updated.

I had a little go yesterday and was wandering around with my lvl2 Hibbie wondering what the hell all the NPCs were saying. :D

Anyway my main question is. Once updated, EVERYTHING is now in GERMAN. My main concern is to get the game patched to 1.48 before patching day (we all know what it was like last time :/). Is this possible with the (now) german install I have of the game? OR do I need to wait for it to be switched to English and re-download the patch?

Cheers.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

if Goa are planning to test each language for 5 days "which is how long i think they tested french" then imo no reason at all why the patches dont go live in just over a weeks time .

thats taking for granted they finished testing french translation. 5 days for german , and 5 or less for english because after all english translation shouldnt be a problem because patch originally arrived in english,

p.s I got my fingers crossed we get the patches live next sat/sunday

B

Brannor McThife

Camber/Kemor/Zargar or whoever will make sure that the Webpage explains exactly how to do the "language" update.

Do as it says now, and make a copy of your current directory, update that to the test server as stated, then follow the (soon-to-be-released?) instructions on what to do to get the language right. ;)

-G

O

Orin Askhammare

Inq m8 we can play some together. I can even powerlevel you with my level 5 eldritch :D I can speak German and quite some French so should be fine heh

Just wish that since the databases get wiped so often and there hardly seem to be any players from the original servers there would be a /give ## levels command with say 2 gold per level ;)

At least I could test a bit more then the low level stuff heh

A

Alrindel

If they test English last, then you can patch your client on Gorre when they put Excalibur's database up and you will be ready to go when the patch goes live on the main servers. But remember to do it in a copy of your game directory, unless you don't plan to play on the main servers until the patch is live.

I

inqy

aye. very tempted to wipe my excal albie accounts to play on hibbie. of course I'd prefer to be able to try them all out without having to lose a realm but... ;(

I

inqy

and don't worry I've got it in a seperate game dir. updated in no time at all. took me about 7 hours to update it on patch day last time. :/

F

Flimgoblin

Go to nightschool and learn a new language ;)

hehe I'm gonna start on Logres or something if I ever get bored of my other chars... that said by the time I've played enough on albion and hibernia the sun will have exploded ... so oh well :)

*brushes up his crappy german...*

ein bier bitte
noch ein bier bitte
noch ein bier bitte
noch ein bier bitte
nochsh ein biersh bitte

wo ist die toiletten?

nochshshs einshh biereee *hic* bi *hic* tte

ahhree you loohgkshshkin atsh mah pint?

B

Brannor McThife

A small laugh for you all.

Was playing when it was French with two of my Pryd-Mid buddies, and we were killing cutpurses....

Brannor - "Man, does she talk a lot!" (in response to the 3/4 lines of text that was spewed at us when she attacked)
Twiz - "I can't understand a bloody thing she says."
Ozarid (?) - "Typical female".

No wonder they're aggro to us. :D

-G

S

SFXman

Originally posted by ¥ØÐÄ
and 5 or less for english because after all english translation shouldnt be a problem because patch originally arrived in english
But the patches here are still different because they need to be compiled from all the various 1.46 (a b c whatever) and 1.47 and 1.48... this was done by GOA so of course things may go wrong there too.

I

inqy

ahhh well at least means the server definately will have a period on the english version too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom