Gore in DAOC

M

Myddrin

Been thinking recently if there should be a parental lock option in this game to turn gore on? Personally, it would be kind of nice to see a little bit of blood and guts in battle, instead of hitting an enemy with a glowing whipple bat. For example, it would be kind of cool to enter a battle with say...a Zerker and pull of a special combo move that chops one of his arms off. Or a death blow that decapitates....like Barbarian on the Commodore 64.

And for the really perverse players out there who enjoyed 'Soldier of Fortune' - the option to further dismember your enemies corpse on the battlefield before he releases. Or setting fire to Kobolds and shooting them off Catapults over MG's. These kind of little touches might help to make the game a little more realistic.

After all war in the Middle ages was not very NICE and was certainly not very PRETTY :)

B

Belsameth

it would also ask a lot more performance, and rate the game 16 or even 18+, even with lock.
both aren't a comercially valid option. especially not for games like MMORPG's who need as broad an audience as they can get

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Myddrin
Or setting fire to Kobolds and shooting them off Catapults over MG's.

Sod the blood.. giv kobbie catapults!

P

Puppetmistress

Been thinking recently if there should be a parental lock option in this game to turn gore on?

No. nuff said.

S

SFXman

Maybe not the decaptation and cutting off of limbs, but some little blood on weaponry and armors would look quite excellent actually. Especially if done with the SI engine.
*/em wonders if lurikeens have green blood*

T

Teh Fonz!!1

What about if when you are fighting someone and you're just about to kill them, the screen goes bright red and you hear, "Finish him".

You then move your mouse up, down, left, press right click, move up and down and you perform a death move that rips open their back, pull out their spines and drink their blood.

Seriously though, on AC2 the monsters show notable signs of battle as you fight them, at first you see some little cuts and at the end it's a bloody mess.

It's actually quite cool tbh.

A

Alrindel

I believe the last time this topic came up, somebody posted that what they'd really like to see was a command that would let your character rape your defeated enemies. This, he said, was a justified addition to the game because it was historically accurate, notably during the period in which Vikings were periodically raiding Ireland.

As far as I could tell, he wasn't joking or being ironic.

I stopped reading the thread at that point.

F

Flimgoblin

some indication of how injured your opponent is would be good - grazes, dents in armour, cuts etc.

But as mentioned it'd be painful on the gfx cards.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1

Seriously though, on AC2 the monsters show notable signs of battle as you fight them, at first you see some little cuts and at the end it's a bloody mess.

Did you spot in the patch notes the addition of things like 'animations when you bind'?

Clearly they have looked at AC2 already and taken a few ideas - I wonder if this one might make it there in some form too....

G

Garaen

I think some Gore would be interesting, also depending on the Dura of someones armor if it has dents and scratches etc. Also on large keep takes there should be a small amount of blood when someone dies. (Just imagen the front battlements, an Assasin performing Perforate Artery and the person being attacked running away with a blood trail) I think to much Gore wouldnt be wise, but a smallish amount would add to the fun.

E

Ezeine

Or setting fire to Kobolds and shooting them off Catapults over MG's. These kind of little touches might help to make the game a little more realistic.

:clap:

L

Lanceloc

Originally posted by Alrindel
I believe the last time this topic came up, somebody posted that what they'd really like to see was a command that would let your character rape your defeated enemies. This, he said, was a justified addition to the game because it was historically accurate, notably during the period in which Vikings were periodically raiding Ireland.

As far as I could tell, he wasn't joking or being ironic.

I stopped reading the thread at that point.

Yay! That was me! In my opinion, if we make computer games realistic enough, it would educate people in the reality of warfare and the results of it. The fact that it causes pain and suffering will be learnt by our young and easily impressionable society. That we are now using virtual reality to experience it is a lucky thing. Lucky in that we are not experiencing this in our own reality.

M

Madonion Slicer

Maybe not Gore as such but damage would be nice, as the condition of Armour and Weapons drop you could see an effect in the graphic of you Armour/Weapon but do all the other things that need fixing first then fart around with stupid things like gore and damage

L

Lanceloc

We can use our emotion called humour to laugh off any negative thoughts about this subject. Laughter cures many ills.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Alrindel
Thats a great idea!!

N

Neural Network

I'm I the only one who thinks it's better to make sex in the real world, than imagining I'm doing it looking at a bright screen?

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Neural Network
I'm I the only one who thinks it's better to make sex in the real world, than imagining I'm doing it looking at a bright screen?
You assfuck kobolds irl? EEEEEEEW

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Jupitus

Did you spot in the patch notes the addition of things like 'animations when you bind'?

hate to disappoint u but its just 3 blue rings that appear around u

S

Sigurd

I want to be able to play football with severed enemy heads..

P

pcentella

Hmm, some things may be cool, some may not. Anyways, remember when you go to a relic raid and you lag as hell and server crashes? Adding blood/gore wouldn't help.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

There should be tiny little villages in all the frontiers so the raiding parties could pillage them, slice and dice the children, rape the women and livestock and keeel all the men! Just like back in the good ol' days of Vietnam! ... and the Dark Ages as well.

Hurrah for realism!

G

Generic Poster

Gore effects would only effect the client, not the server.

I want better sound effect and horrid screams. Aren't you tried of killing Lurikeen to hear an "oh hoooo", then you slap a kobold and hear the same sounds.

Ideally, if you kill someone with a crit-hit, you would see blood flying. Or someone killed with a crit-DD explodes.

O

old.job

Ah so you weeners want realism eh?

OK you die once, game over, characters gone, start again, oh hang on you can't cos re-incarnation doesn't work either.

Ok pay your subs load the game, first lvl 1 mob kills ya, shut down,locked out, buy another account.

Is that real enough for ya :cool:

OK that TOO real eh?
Ok you take whack on the arm, you have to rest for weeks before you're ready to fight, and during that period you've got to pay hospital bills. Get the arm chopped off and it's one arm fighting for the rest of your days.

Real ..pfffff you can't handle real :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom