googles earth hour?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Google looks like every bodys fave search engine was preety much flicked the lights off for apointless exercise,

stupidity ftw

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Rubbish, I quite like the black page, but the search results still come up in white. Really harsh on your eyes going from one to the other.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
One question.

Does anyone know if they've stopped flood lighting the houses of parliament?

If the answer is "they haven't", I won't take Brown and his band of fuckwits seriously over climate change. Long live the 10mpg V8 crowd.

/turns 300w halogen lights 'up to 11'

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
does anyone actually believe that a "black" google saves energy?
As far as I know, tfts are always lit and just filter light, so no energy saved there?
Do crts save energy with black?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
random, google themselves said it will save no energy, they were just doing it raise awareness and show their support for earth hour.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
On this day, cities around the world, including Copenhagen, Chicago, Melbourne, Dubai, and Tel Aviv, will hold events to acknowledge their commitment to energy conservation.

i wonder how much energy they wasted organising such events, i bet its more than would be saved switching lights off

As to why we don't do this permanently - it saves no energy; modern displays use the same amount of power

Makes the whole black google things a pure publicity stunt and nothing more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom