Google Adwords

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Does anyone have any experience of this? I signed up for a low cost ad campaign, entered the search phrases I thought were of relevance to my business, only to find that Google slowed them all because they weren't performing.

Basically, when you do a search, adword adverts get you a link down the right side of the search page. You pay a small charge every time someone clicks on it. So, the theory is that anyone from London or abroad, searching for my services, would click the link, and I might get more work.

The site is amazingly difficult to figure out. I thought it was as simple as 'where can i find a *thing*', and my site would be listed, but it doesn't seem to work. I had to think long and hard about what everything meant, seeing as how there are no example for you to work from.

Google charge you a fiver every 3rd time that this keyword slowed happens, so I'm not going to be impressed if they slow my keywords again. How the hell can you gauge the effectiveness if they start slowing it down after just a couple of hours? It didn't help that they did it while I was asleep!

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
key words that you put in your HTML so search engines can find your site

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I think its more complex than that...the tags should be registered for use with a given search engine....you have to pay...but I think its a one off...similar thing

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
no, i havn't paid, and searching for my meta keywords comes up with my site, although an older version, as i havn't meta-ed the new one

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
ah yes...but does your site come first on the list (I'm trying to wriggle out of my clearly incorrect previous post)...I believe thats what you pay for (no point in being number 3,432 in the search, page 32 of 33)....still if the tags alone are free....its gotta be worth a try :D

"Google charge you a fiver every 3rd time that this keyword slowed happens"...

so if I didnt like you, Tom, or your business, I could keep doing searches and clicking and costing you money while you sleep ? Seems a bit wild that..

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hello Tom,

Thank you for notifying us of the email you have received the regarding the performance of your account. Please note that there has been a temporary problem with our system that has resulted in this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our Engineers have resolved this issue and you should now be running at full delivery.

Thank you for your patience and please feel free to email us at adwords-support@google.com if you have additional questions or concerns.

We look forward to providing you with the most effective advertising available.

Have a great weekend,

Ser
The Google AdWords Team

So, looks like they had some kind of issue then.

Basically what I was trying to say was that if I was a company that sold socks, and I had as my keywords 'socks, legs, warm feet, shoes, sweat' etc, people who used those words in a search might trigger a small advert on the right side of the page showing the search results. I selected my keywords, all very relevant, and after a few hours google 'slowed' them, which means that my advert would appear less often on searches using those words.

Thats what was confusing me. BTW, please don't click on my advert for the sake of it, I'm trying to earn a living here :( Its only a few pence per click, but if people start abusing it, I can't gauge the effectiveness of the advertising, and I'm going to lose money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom