GOODNEWS! For all u GAME ppl

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I pre-ordered off the website on Friday not expecting to get a key for ages. I phoned my local GAME store (canterbury) but they were out of stock.

I phoned the GAME call centre (0870 750 2741, option 4) and quoted my order number. The lady at the other end said a lot have gone missing and that they are now reading them out over the phone if you don't yet have one. So with a lot of patience on her part I've jotted down my key.

w00tage

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
That sounds very suspicious, wonder how many people are going to find "cd key already in use" when they try to register..

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Nightchill said:
That sounds very suspicious, wonder how many people are going to find "cd key already in use" when they try to register..

I thought that but they said that key is posted to you after it is read out.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Sockstuff said:
I thought that but they said that key is posted to you after it is read out.

and that just sounds bizarre :) fair enough though

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Hm, actually a little confused. You pre-ordered last Friday? So this is after all the beta kits have gone. There are pre-orders and then there are pre-orders that come with a beta kit (350K or so) and I haven't seen a website that is still saying "and comes with a final beta key!" still. All have switched to the basic pre-order, just like for any game.

So I could pre-order the normal version, ring up, quote my order number, get a cd key, cancel the pre-order?

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
Nightchill said:
So I could pre-order the normal version, ring up, quote my order number, get a cd key, cancel the pre-order?

Yeh GAME have been a bit stupid, they told anyone who hasn't yet got their keys to phone up and quote their order number, the thing is they don't appear to be checking when these orders were made only whether they are legitimate orders. So it's open for abuse, even though they sold out of kits in November.

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
thats odd, while christmas shopping on the last sunday before chistmas, I walked into GAME, and as I was buying a few things I noticed on the counter a WoW DVD Case, I asked if they had anymore of them in stock and they guy just gave me one. Didn't even charge. so now on the release day Amazon will get my order to me for 8am, I won't even need to leave the house.

mrnewbie

Fledgling Freddie
i cant see how they r giving out beta keys without the box as the key is printed on the the inside of the box, and their website clearly states on the wow preorder that beta kits are no longer available , personnaly i got my beta kit from game about 2 weeks ago ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom