Good Tricks from Jolt

E

Embattle

Playing on the Jolt TRAM server recently I've noticed a few good things regarding setup. The first is the automatic kick should someones name change a certain amount of times a minute and the other being a high negative score results in a 60 minute auto ban.

N

nocte

i have passed this info onto bigbb, and he is looking at it.

all it really is is some PB commands, not that hard to implement.

B

bigbb

Indeedy. Forwarded this to Natty with the new PB setup we're putting together. Nat is away atm, but upon his arrival this should be implemented.

O

oopseh

Good Ideas

Jolt are always pleased to see others using their good ideas - proves whos the leader and whos the followers.

S

Shocko

Re: Good Ideas

Originally posted by oopseh
Jolt are always pleased to see others using their good ideas - proves whos the leader and whos the followers.
No...

It proves that Jolt make good Wolfenstein configs, which we knew allready(From when the BW wolf servers wern't configured well at all).

Perhaps it also proves, that BW are more than happy to meet gamers' needs, so that poor soles such as Embattle aren't forced to play on laggy and overloaded servers?

E

Embattle

Re: Good Ideas

Originally posted by oopseh

Also shows you're a bit of an anal retentive just joining to sprout such shit, although since Jolt seems to contain many children players it hardly surprises me.

T

throdgrain

Jolt does indeed contain far too many kids on all their servers, which is a shame cos their servers are actually very good.

S

sabrex

Jolt - hmm oh dear, could learn a few things from barrysworld - cant we all just get along :)

T

trn

Chill ppl, i dont see any reason to start having a go at either BW or Jolt's servers. Yes neither are perfect, but the fact is no server can be perfect, due to the diversity of connections and tastes catered for.

Personally (single ISDN line, Athlon 1700+/256mb), I seem to get a slightly better ping on BW servers, but havbe to say in honesty that the setup of Jolt servers with a long wait-time at the start of each map is slightly more fair on slow loaders (not me though).

BW provide alot more servers than Jolt though, so if i want to play with the rest of my clan then we will generaly go to an empty BW one and let the masses follow us.

I have experienced roughly the same levels of amatureish behaviour on each BW and Jolt, as I don't think childish players use a program to highlight certain servers to use so just go to the fastest one. ;)

T

throdgrain

Tell you what ,I played on a gamesdomain server today playing that enormous Market Garden map, with a player limit of 60 ! Yes 60. It was quite good tbh, if a bit laggy.

/OK theres my wolfy input for the next few weeks sorted :)

Users who are viewing this thread