Good Polearm spec at 41?

M

Madonion Slicer

As above what would a good spec be at 41 if i wanted to go Slashing Polearm, Thx

M

Madonion Slicer

Dont crap on my post you middie scum :D

Any real answers?

M

Madonion Slicer

Ok so no one wants to have a say, can you aleast give me an idea of how Pole and Slash relate to each other and how closely they should be specced, i was thinking 41Pole 39slash is slash to high for lvl41 using pole

D

Draylor

Depends what spec you have in mind for 50.

The 44 polearm/42shield hybrid spec seems to be pretty popular now - your spec at 41 aiming for that could be very different to a 'pure' polearm spec.

You could try 41 polearm, 34 slash, rest in shield (if you intend going hybrid) or parry (if you dont) - should work out nicely enough.

T

Treniel-

my final spec was 39 slash 44 pole 42 sheild rest parry

at 41 i would have 41 pole arround 29-39 slash (no higher!) and the rest in sheild....exp'g with a sheild is much better anyway cus u don't take as much hits so clerics don't get aggro etc etc :) my 1st spec was gimped with sumthing like 27 sheild but i blocked alot vs mobs. Whatever you do don't respec till you hit 50...if u do and u fuck it up... :(

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Treniel-
Whatever you do don't respec till you hit 50...if u do and u fuck it up... :(

He doesnt have the choice - respec will be lost as soon as 2 levels are gained.

K

Kagato.

Simple:

50 polearm,
50 Slash
28 Parry

with a few left over for 5 in shield (Guard) and 4 in Crossbow.

Thats the top heavy damage polearm specc, or you can go with the hybrid lovers if you want to mess with switching weapons and shields mid-combat.

Have a look at the new damage tables though before you decide on using slash.

Incidently, in future patches they are working on giving certain mobs 'style' attacks, which means we'll be able to use Defenders Rage / Defenders Revenge combo in PvE.

W

-Wedge-

I've been playing with Sword + Shield (actually Crush + Shield), and like it so much, I might go for 50 Crush, 50 Shield, rest in parry...

But its a pretty bad spec for a highlander...
(not a lot of dex lowers hit + block chance)

So I'll go for the 'classic' hybrid, except, I'll be going for crush instead of slash... Simply because I'm not seeing a lot of armsman using crush + shield ;)

(if the rumoured 2nd /respec all is in, I'll respec to 44 crush, 42 shield and leave the other points unassigned, so I can play with it when/if I want, otherwise, I'll go for a hybrid, 44 crush, 44 pole, 42 shield, 7ish parry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom