Good oblivion/fallout 3 style games?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looking for some new adventures, while Fallout keeps me busy as a beaver(still plenty to do with my macro-do-all behaviour), i'm looking for other oblivion/fallout 3 style games.

I doubt there are any online games like that, but it would be fun to play some other games.

Are there any? Planned ones?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm going to say Dragon Age, dude. it looks awesome tbh. I have yet to get it myself though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No no, dragon age is not for me at the moment.

It might be a good game, it most likely IS a good game, but i'm not ready to take a step into the baldurs gate style combat etc.

Maybe at some point i'll launch it and be stuck like a motherfly on paper because it's a micromanage rpg dream, but for now it's just not personal adventure enough.

Maybe it's the lack of immersion in that style, don't know, but something in those games puts me off.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Demon Souls on the PS3

Valkyrie Chronicles, JRPG for the ps3 as well has a very strong storyline, check game play vids though its an acquired taste as it final fantasy style combat but on a much bigger scale

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I guess some "needs" should be posted, thought oblivion and fallout would be enough reference.

- Free world.
- Customization.
- Missions/quests/stuff to do (ofc).
- Long playtime.
- FPS + 3rd person.
- Real time combat.
- Advancement, long term, etc.
- PC (xbox MAYBE)

I think fettoken is the closest in the idea world :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Guess you already played Morrowind ;>

Also, i would advise you to try out Gothic 2 + NOTR, Gothic 3 + community patch and Risen. Would be classed as pure RPG's, maybe not what you are looking for.

- they lack first person and cosmetic customization changes

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Two Worlds, with the recent patches it has made the game better than Oblivion, the only downside is that the wildlife is finite, once you kill a beast or dragon/wolf etc, that's it dead no respawn my world is very empty I have gone around using my resurrect spell to bring some creatures back to life. Just playing Dragon Age now while I wait for Two Worlds 2 to come out.

On a side note have you modded Oblivion with new quests/areas etc?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Demon Souls on the PS3

Valkyrie Chronicles, JRPG for the ps3 as well has a very strong storyline, check game play vids though its an acquired taste as it final fantasy style combat but on a much bigger scale

Neither of these are even remotely similar to Oblivion or Fallout 3. They're both much better than Oblivion and Fallout 3, however.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guess you already played Morrowind ;>

Also, i would advise you to try out Gothic 2 + NOTR, Gothic 3 + community patch and Risen. Would be classed as pure RPG's, maybe not what you are looking for.

- they lack first person and cosmetic customization changes

Actually no, haven't played morrow yet, it's kind of a "back up" game on my list. Might have to jump in that if all else fails :D

Also have to check out Gothic, the character customization, while immersive, isn't a MUST must have.

Two Worlds, with the recent patches it has made the game better than Oblivion, the only downside is that the wildlife is finite, once you kill a beast or dragon/wolf etc, that's it dead no respawn my world is very empty I have gone around using my resurrect spell to bring some creatures back to life. Just playing Dragon Age now while I wait for Two Worlds 2 to come out.

On a side note have you modded Oblivion with new quests/areas etc?

Not the latest oblivion no, i think it's a valid option too, just re-install, mod up the wazoo and replay.

Thanks for the suggestion, to all also, have to see if the two worlds fits ze bill. The finite spawn actually sounds fun.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Do double your dosage of Insulin and then see how far you can get in any game before you have to consume 5 mars bars :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do double your dosage of Insulin and then see how far you can get in any game before you have to consume 5 mars bars :)

Ooh, haven't done that in a while.

Pump up insulin to get that sweet sweet diabetic hunger :D

Nothing like quenching a hunger that makes your heart pump, sweat break out and your knees go all wobbly.

Can imagine the vampire bloodlust.

Disclaimer; kids, never use insulin in this way, it's highly risky and dangerous and really really stupid :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ooh, haven't done that in a while.

Pump up insulin to get that sweet sweet diabetic hunger :D

Nothing like quenching a hunger that makes your heart pump, sweat break out and your knees go all wobbly.

Can imagine the vampire bloodlust.

Hahaha I am liking the sound of this even more!

Does Mass Effect come into what you're looking for? I dont think it has much in the way of modding though. It's £6 on Steam atm

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hahaha I am liking the sound of this even more!

Does Mass Effect come into what you're looking for? I dont think it has much in the way of modding though. It's £6 on Steam atm

I was tempted to get mass effect after the xbox destroyed my bros version(had 30h gameplay on it at the poinbt where you get the ship :p).

Is it as good on the PC? Hard to imagine it to be similar.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I was tempted to get mass effect after the xbox destroyed my bros version(had 30h gameplay on it at the poinbt where you get the ship :p).

Is it as good on the PC? Hard to imagine it to be similar.

I've played the xbox version for about 10 minutes. I've seen it being played on PC and thought it was better. You can quickbind (I am shit at quickbinds) more commands/options so you dont have to spend so long pausing it etc.

I am tempted to get either Mass Effect or Dragon Age. I heard they are making Mass Effect 2

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Borderlands is the closest thing you will find to Fallout 3.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Borderlands is the closest thing you will find to Fallout 3.

Borderlands is most likely a great game, even if you have to stop yourself thinking "it's not fallout!", but the character modification or character advancement doesn't seem too deep.

Actually seems as deep as Paris Hiltons "guys i haven't slept with" pool.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Funny how no one mentioned Sacred 2 :) 216 levels of a game that is very like Oblivion. If ya wanna play it though, then best buying it. I was persuaded to buy on the masses of pages of QQ because of the constant patches Deep Silver kept issuing.

Add the rather nifty pain in the ass securom system they have installed in the game every time you play (it writes a file and auto connects to the net to make a check on ur validation of product) and then add 12 Gb of download and forget it. Only try before you buy policy you are best doing with this game is see the utube/website movies and make a judgement based on that :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Mass effect = 50% off on steam (7,49€ :))

I would however advice you to get Street fighter instead.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Morrowind is better than Oblivion, get one of the graphic enhancing mods if you can't stand the old look but apart from that you don't need anything else.

If you need a more recent rpg; Risen. It's basically what Gothic 3 should have been.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Morrowind is better than Oblivion, get one of the graphic enhancing mods if you can't stand the old look but apart from that you don't need anything else.

If you need a more recent rpg; Risen. It's basically what Gothic 3 should have been.

Risen was ok but again, content predetermined driven context/gameplay made the game somewhat predictable :/

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Not a sand-box rpg, but if you enjoyed The Witcher, you will love this one (totally different scenario tho):

Vampire: Bloodlines.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
and Vampire Masquerade, may have to reinstall it and play it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom