Good news! 1.50 before xmas at this rate!

G

GReaper

Heres a little bit of information...

Mythic 1.45 to 1.48:

Patch 1.45: 7 February
Patch 1.48: 19 March

= 40 days

GOA 1.45 to 1.48:

Patch 1.45: 27 March
Patch 1.48: 26 June

= 91 days

Mythic 1.48 to 1.50

Patch 1.48: 19 March
Patch 1.50: 8 May

= 50 days

So, by my estimates, we'll have patch 1.50 in approx 114 days! This means we'll probably get 1.50 some time around 18 October 2002!

And everyone was starting to panic that we'd have it by christmas - we'll have it 2 months before then! :)

A

Alrindel

This new learning amazes me. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes!

O

old.Tbird

Actually I think they will hold fire until 1.51 is finished and have all the class balancing included as well in the next patch.

O

old.Tzeentch

Hay! Look at me!

I can flame GOA!

Now I am popular AND funny!

Seriously folks, the bandwagon left town ages ago.

O

old.Alliandre

The "bandwagon leaft town ages ago"?

I thought people posted what they thought. I didn't think they just jumped on a bandwagon of the latest fashion, which in this case you think is slagging off GOA.

But then again people do listen to that premanufactured music (not mentioning any names). I just wish people would get an opinion of their own once in a while.

This rants over ;)

:puke: Limp Bizkit :puke: Lost Prophets

S

SFXman

I am really amazed how flaming tends to begin right when we are getting a patch just the next day!? Who knows after this patch they might not have the camelot herald to take care of anymore (Kemor did say it would come around with 1.48) and can totally concentrate on the translation since there is a separate event team and didn't Kemor say that they hired more staff etc.?
Why do I have a feeling that patching is going to pick up the pace, call me a dreamer but for some strange reason...

J

Jupitus

I reckon you may be being a bit too pessimistic. When GOA first launched and got started with the 1.48 translation they didn't have the staff in place to really manage, and that made them fall behind. The team that will do the next translation is now well-established and are familiar with the translation process, and testing (remember, it isn't just translating plain text, they are also checking the links on all quests and such at the same time). I reckon they have probably already started on the next patch translation (while testing has been going on) and so have a bit of a head start, and the actual progress bar ought to move faster from now.

Also, people have said 'OMG, Darkness Falls is a massive update, it'll take ages to translate!'. Now, as far as I know, isn't this really just a massive dungeon? If so, where is the translation to be done? OK, its alot of coding, but that isn't being translated, its where there is interaction with the player that translation is necessary. So, unless there are 100s of NPC hanging around down there to dish out quests, I would think this is not as bad as people are thinking.

Just hope I'm right :)

O

old.tRoG

df = merchants and mobs.

that shouldnt take too long, but then i havent been to df so i dont know how much talking etc. is in there :)

goa are getting better, i might even expect the 1.50 patch to be ready sooner than the 1.48 one was.

but i dont wanna get your hopes up, so get off that stool and stop dancing :)

S

SFXman

But I still would not judge them on something that is history already. Just like people, companies can change.

L

listepik

With SFX and Jup here.

Also, the game is still fun, so i dont really care. i get my luvin tomorrow :D

<fear my 10000000 extra skill points>

:clap:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by listepik
<fear my 10000000 extra skill points>

:clap:
:D

I am logged in front of the medallion merchant, dinged 35 late last night and am ready for the final battleground :)

O

omen_darkstep

U gotta remeber tho...

Mythic = Proper company employing hundreds of coders (probably)

Goa = 15 year old Kemor doing 'Goa' as his school project in his parents basement on his dad's old 486. Translation Team = Kemor's 80 year old grandad on day-release from the care centre.

F

Flimgoblin

Actually mythic have 30 people (mibbe more if you include CSRs? not usre if that figure includes them)

no idea about GOA, but I think they're bigger than that...

The GOA team dedicated to DAoC is probably quite small however.

F

Flimgoblin

Yeah, some people can't stop complaining :)

I'm optimistic the next patch will go a lot faster (there's a whole herald xml guild-database thing coming with this one as far as I know ... might be a bit after... )

As someone pointed out DF shouldn't be too hard - you don't have to translate bignastydemontexture.bmp :)

S

SFXman

Yup... it's not like translate all the graphics, hehe... just the mob names/item names and various speech texts the NPCs might have.
I am very optimistic about the ETA of the next set of patches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom