Good job albs on defending the keep

H

Hildur

Good job I say, I had to left last night, did the mids get in?
and who is thorin? realy getting pissed of his bow :)
Albion needs a ice wizard, can't wait when respec comes :)

C

Cadire

No, we didn't get in.

We spent a lot of time getting ram parts, and then discovered that it had been erected too far from the door :/

Still, the BGs are training grounds for 'real' RvR, so hopefully that mistake won't be made again.

For two nights in a row it's been fun assaulting the keep in Thidranki (first against the hibs, then against opportunistic Albs :))

It really is a good training ground, and my Thane (Granil) is learning how to use it's Mjollnir strike to good effect against the defenders. It's a wonderful sight when you see >6 hammers twirling around behind the battlements :)

I also saw some good examples, from both sides, of how to play a stealther. Abbi was doing good work for the Albs, and if I hadn't been laden down with ram parts I would have at least tried to chase her down after a strike (especially as she used the same escape route each time).

A

Arlone

not true! I used 3 escape routes: gatekeeper (quit this after 10 times or so cause it felt unfair), running to AB-guards or running to HB-guards :)

I actually expected you guys to place some SB's, or healers (for stun) to try and stop my escape but I guess you were busy with the ram/doors.

Was fun anyways and again I learn never to stab anyone too close to a skald .. insta-snare is not good when you're trying to sprint to safety :)

I was real proud about the tactical ram-oprator stab, but now when you say it was created too far from the door I guess that kill was pretty useless :mad:

C

Cadire

Ah ok, I only saw you belting off down the left hand side of the CK after a strike (once when you killed me after I dispatched one of your sneaky bretheren... that'll teach me not to pause to salute :)).

Midgard is short of healers at the moment, especially in the 20-40 range (rise of buffbots?). A good PAC specced healer is invaluable in that kind of situation.

As for running to gatekeeper; it's a good tactic for stealthers, though a good proportion of other professions got taken down trying the same thing.

All good fun, and all good experience.

/salute

R

rynnor

Thidranki started really badly yesterday when I got on about 6ish the Albs were camping the Mid port keep - always a naff tactic and the reason why there were so few mids around cos they all got bored. I was all for getting all the mids to leave in disgust for an hour to let the albs get bored (they only have short attention spans :).

Then their numbers started to thin and we got organised with healers using AOE mezz - FYI we had plenty of Thanes present none of whom broke mez early!

The rest of the evening got pretty predictable - lots of hammering on doors and the odd fallback to pk.

Had a bizarre incident with Alb infiltrator - I went down the hill from our PK to res a guy in a lull in the fighting - as soon as hes ressed I start retreating up the hill but out of the corner of my eye I spot an Alb infiltrator who dropped his stealth to attack the guy with 10% health I just ressed???

He must have fluffed on his pa as the guy survived and I charged the infiltrator at which point he ran like hell.

I know this is a training ground but really theres not much point attacking a guy you just saw get ressed 5 seconds before :)

C

Cadire

They're assasins... of course they should, if only to tie up valuable resources!

R

rynnor

Still to fluff killing a guy on a fraction of his health and then get chased away by a shammie must be a little embarassing :)

H

Hildur

re

Granil aren't you a dawrf thane? some dwarf thane tried to out cast me :) and kinda died. about that res killing, I think it's realy lame, cause it's effective, spending shamans / healers power, but not has much fun, I think that's has be forgoten in all the fights, have fun and don't be toooooo bitchi. Nothing more fun then a fair fight.

Erna - level 24 fire wizard

C

Cadire

Nope, I'm a big fat Troll :) I spent most of the evening keeping the defender's heads down.

As for the rez killing; I believe that people should play their chars as intended (roleplay is good too). Rogues are assasins without a conscience. I know it sucks to be rez killed (it's happened to me a few times), but that's the nature of the beast. If a group knows there's a stealther waiting to pick off newly rezzed players, then they're distracted from their main purpose. Of course others disagree, but that's what makes life such a rich tapestry :)

Of course an effective anti-rogue strategy would prevent (or at least deter) rez killing, but BG1 players aren't generally experienced enough to formulate one.

S

Sugarplumhippo

Res killing is mean but if anyone sees me just after a res then kill away. Thanks to Magic Crystal Lore, within a second of being ressed I can be casting DoTs and mezzes again and be a hinderance to anyone.

And thanks to all this bg fighting I've discovered that I REALLY hate an inf called Micah. She's about the only inf that's managed to one-shot me (not counting those that kill me a few seconds later with DoTs), thus stopping me insta mezzing her for my team to chop up. Kudos to her :( In the end she attacked me too close to a champ who promptly snared her, sealing her fate :D

If you see a juicy little luri caster in purple running around, give me a wave. Then PA me :(

H

Hildur

Good point Cadire

Yeah that's a good point :) but has a avalonion I must say, res killing me is so easy, throw an axe at me, or just your lunch left over, and I start eating dirt again :p live has a caster is so much UP and downs :)

Users who are viewing this thread