Good Ideas on new classes for Catacombs

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
How about classes from D&D's Unearthed Arcana:
(1)

Amazons are beautiful warrior women whose origins are lost in mystery. The amazons of legend were fierce fighters and famous horseriders, and breeders of wonderful horses. For these reasons, many amazons prefer light armor, weapons and equipment.
She can choose battle axe, bow (any), axe (any), studded staff, club, knife, javelin, lance, horseman lance, dagger, sword (any). Suggested: lance, bow (any), axe (any), sword (any), lance (any). Bonus: Ride land creatures, Animal training. Suggested: Animal handling, Ride, Engineering, Animal lore, Set traps, War machines:It's the knowledge of the working of heavy siege war machines such as ballistas, catapults, rams and siege towers.
Improved movement. Constructor:skill of controlling the works on defenses such as digs, tunnels, fence fields, and quickly build barricades in stone or wood. With time, the amazon can even control the construction of semipermanent fortifications.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie

Merchants earn their living trading goods. Often they are powerful and respected members of the town council and other governative organs, but the Merchants corporation is very powerful by itself."
Some have permanent warehouses in the flourishing commercial disctrict, other travel in far lands to take back to their land precious trasures. Adventurers merchants have a trading point to sell material goods such as tapestries, sculptures, gems and jewels which they often find in treasures.

Skills
The merchant can't wear armors heavier than studded leather and is limited in weapon choice; the merchant can only choose among the following weapons: club, dagger, hand crossbow, lasso, short bow, sling, broad sword, long sword, short sword and staff.

Free: Read/write. Required: two among: Appraising, Carpentry, Shoemaking, Etiquette, Modern Languages, Local History, Forgery, Tailor, Weaving, Ride.
Weapon proficiencies: the merchant has 5 CP. The proficiencies' cost are the same as rogues. Finally, Traits: Suggested: Persuasion, Empathy, Acute Senses (any), Precise Memory, On guard, Ecleptic culture.
Disadvantages: the merchant receives one more CP if he chooses the Covetous disadvantage.

Identify (10): the merchant has a % chance per level of identifying the aim, function and history of any magical item.

Bargaining experience (5): it's the skill of bargaining on any good he wants to sell or buy, letting him have a 10% bonus on cost.

Appraising (5): the merchant can add % every three levels on his Appraising skill.

Persuasion (10): the merchant becomes very persuasive in his talk. If he is bargaining for something (not necessarily a good) the merchant can, after having talked for one round, persuade the person he is talking to; in game terms this skill works as a Charm spell. This skill can be used once per day.

Merchants talk (5): merchants speak a particular language that only they know.

Pick pockets* (10): the same as the thieves skill of the same name.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Amazon = so-so. Weapon classes hurt my brain with the lack of sense-making ><

Merchant sunds kewl though, quick way to inflate prices like whoa o_O

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hmm amazons? this wouldnt just be an attempt at getting foxy scantily clad female chars in the game would it o_O in that case gifv male chars like the rock in scorpian king, dribble on a stick he got A mighty fine bod, attacks can be doing peoples elbow then raise a sexy eyebrow at camera....Mmmmmmm, and wearing just a tea towel fwoor yeah

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
The Rock used to live on my street Madam, and the Rock, does not wear tea towels. (raises eyebrow)

Can you smell what the Rock is Cookin'? I could. Loco Mocos = Teh Shizz

If amazons were true to their D2 roots they'd be the most heavily-armed bastages out there o_O

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to see 3 new PBAoE characters.

Albion......remember that programe on telly years ago think it was called Fantasy Island or something. Well... Albions new PBAoE caster would interupt the enemy by standing among them shouting "Da plane !!! Da plane !!!" over and over causing people to stick their fingers in their ears and shout back "Shut up you little bastard !!!".

Mids..... your new character is inspired by the late, great Freddy Mercury. The toon would look like Freddy from the "I want to break free video" complete with leather mini skirt and stockings. He would stand in the middle of enemy groups interupting them by wanting to vacuum under their feet. The enemy would be incapacitated by having to hop from one foot to the other and saying "Sorry" over and over again.

Hibs.... in keeping with your realms affinity with nature and inherent vegitarian ways I suggest that due to a constant staple diet of beans your new PBAoE toon should have a real bad gas problem. This toon stands among the enemy letting rip with real eye stingers. Enemy characters would be forced to grab their noses and say stuff like "For Christ's sake mate!!!" and "Holy Fuck was that you? !!".

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Afuldan said:
The Rock used to live on my street Madam, and the Rock, does not wear tea towels. (raises eyebrow)

:eek2: gifv rock neighbourhoodage!!!!!! the guy is a total dude!!!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Afuldan said:
Explain then, because I am easily confused. It's a sad, sad domino effect :/

well, just take a guess on why no race has acuity less then 60
also notice that if you add up all stats of a race and divide them by 8 the result is always 60 with no digits (the point pool remains the same)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom