good crack in thidranki

B

bleurgh

Thanks folks for a total blast in thid last night. was there from 22.30 gmt and killed about 14 ppl :)
gratz to Laarns for being a total pain in the buttocks. Well played m8.
I would like to ask Jaggededge how he has spec'd.
He popped up on me and poisoned me (missed crit i think) and started to melee. he conned orange to me. This is the bit i dont understand....I have 12+4 thrust so melee is not my thing but 3 poisons and a few styles later this guy is chewing Thid grass.
How? he had me bang to rights and should have creamed me!

Thanks to alb rezzers for the odd rez.
Also thanks to Dianagh for the extremely easy RP's. did you go LD or something?
Napha.....good crack m8. you did great with that bow :)

Thid is fun. At least i dont have to put up with level 50's refusing to acknowledge my existance because im not wearing Epic armour.
Glad i left Hib pryd........gonna love murdering Hibs when im higher levels. Unless you got a Harp on your back. then I might Just bug you with the odd bit of poison :)

Peace all.

S

swords

handy hint.
you need more stealth....

and jagedadge is a shade i believe. shades suck in melle tbh.
though their poisons can be quite nasty sometimes.

C

CliffyG

Yep very good night last night, one of the few occasions when we worked as a team and actually held our own for a bit. Most enjoyable BG session i've had so far.

My favourite bit was just before i left, everyone had died at the base of hib keep and all bodies were getting camped so no rez from me. I ran behind a tree to rest up and heal/buff myself in order for a final full frontal assault before i logged :p, i then saw an orange con kelt (i think) running off with a dog in tow towards hib bridge so the chase ensued. I caught up as he got stuck on a tree and swiftly cracked him round the head with my staff, he turned round and attacked and the dog started on me too. A little bit of running through him and turning around left him too confused to deal with my swift staff blows and i was very pleased to see him drop, about 1 second later BANG i was dead too, hit for 139 by someone who sneaked up behind me. Just glad i could actually get the last blow in on my first opponent.

I wish i'd have remembered to keep the names :(.

S

swords

Haedric...i remember you too :)
nasty nasty stick damage doesn't mean i wouln't have a go though :)

see you in Thidranki :]

A

Aravis

Been in Thid with my infi for nearly a week now and it has been fun BUT one piece of advice (not directed at anyone in particular, just a general observation)....

See that infi and the middie stealther fighting 3 feet from you ?
Reason the middie stealther is there rather than running and laughing as your body falls to the floor is because the infi uncovered him before he could get to you. Perhaps you might want to return the favour by helping out the infi so he doesn't have to have yet another 3 minutes of res sickness that he saved you from...

S

swords

i would say the same for all sides realy...
ATM Midgard has one serious problem, cave spec shaman who dont heal....

so remember cave shammies, when healing fellow mids try to imagine your DOTing some smelly Alb/Hib :)

C

CliffyG

I'm assuming you mean help with healing Aravis? As far as i could see last night there was only me and a cleric healing which means we were spread quite thin as there were about 15-20 people on, 60% of the time i was out of pwr due to constant rezz's/ heals/ cure poisons. I heal / cure poison / rez everyone in range that i notice needs it, it's very difficult to keep an eye on people not in group though.

EDIT

Not directed at you at all Aravis but i notice a lot of people asking for heals / cure poison then stealthing before you can do anything.

O

old.Hothnogg

Was hat the fight that went on just over the hill near mpk?
robe wearing brit i think and a celt with a pet doggy?
If so was a nice fight to watch, sat within stricking range from start of the fight. I had followed that celt too :)

Thought well, fights over you got no health left, so would take you a long time to hoble back to ur mates so gave u a rest next to the celt ;)
shame u gave a rp still. just wanted to make the celt feel happy that his killer got killed ;) (bull, but i bet it did)

Have fun

Ps the shadows name was Daynm

(Account used by the better half of Hothnogg):p

C

CliffyG

Sorry i'm still bit of a BG n00b, what is MPK? I always assumed Midgard Player Keep.

The celt was running to the right of the path from the Hib keep (i'm pretty sure it was the hib one anyway) and was nearer the bridge than the hib keep, as he ran up the hill he went straight into a tree which is where we fought.

Sounds like you were watching the right one, thanks for saving me the walk home ;).

A

Aravis

Originally posted by CliffyG
I'm assuming you mean help with healing Aravis?

Nope, the healing was 1st class, no complaints there, I'm talking about certain other classes *cough*casters*cough* who are still in the PvE mindset of "don't help till they're dead" ;)

A

Aravis

Originally posted by CliffyG
Sorry i'm still bit of a BG n00b, what is MPK? I always assumed Midgard Player Keep.

MPK = Midgard Portal Keep
APK = Albion Portal Keep
HPK = Hibernian Portal Keep

MB = Midgard Bridge
AB = Albion Bridge
HB = Hibernian Bridge

CK = Centre Keep

Well, that's what I use anyway...

B

bleurgh

to be honest i am not really going for stealth to hit assassins. its enuff that i can kill regular players.
btw, who is Swords?
can't say you made much of an impact on me swords m8. Laarns made you look positively amateur tho so save the venom for someone that is spec'd solely for bg and not looking further...ty :)

S

Stonebits

The prob with playing a cave spec shammy is that you Mana/Power burns so quickly....

A Dot or two in battle... throw a couple of heals at people backing off from meleé towards you.... Rez somemone who has just died, try and give them some health so they can run if needed (remember being Cave specced, our heals can range from say 30-130hp's its random)... and you are out of power, and that can all be in the space of one min...... :(

Then you get people jumping up and down shouting heal me... tell's saying Rezz me please..... :rolleyes:

All im saying if you see a cave specced shammy bear with him... they are not world class healers.... :D

One point would be, any Healers.. pleeese, pwetty please cast that nice 'Purity of xyz' on any shamans.... it makes so much difference :clap:

Ill be back tonight for my last battle in Thid :clap:, im about 6 rp's from maxx'ing out :mad:

S

swords

Originally posted by bleurgh
to be honest i am not really going for stealth to hit assassins. its enuff that i can kill regular players.
btw, who is Swords?
can't say you made much of an impact on me swords m8. Laarns made you look positively amateur tho so save the venom for someone that is spec'd solely for bg and not looking further...ty :)

saucer of milk table for 2 :p

aah now i understand. had a few Szerkers through autoing stealth doing same.
Im just not used to seeing infs from such a distance away, usually you see one by random chance and miss the other 6 completely until its too late :p

actually now i think about it Laarns is a Szerker i believe. whereas im a critblade.
Dont know whether i should try a different sb spec when i next roll Swords again? what kind of templates are out there?

Users who are viewing this thread