Gonna play WoW...what type of mage to choose?

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
Hello.. i'm gonna be playing WoW and i dont care if i am on Horde or Alliance,
but i'd love to be a mage... can't decide between undead/gnome/human...

undead has some cool abilities.. breath under water for ages and immune to mezz + stun...

gnome has loads of int but probably die's easy

human has stealth detection ability

someone please help me out with more facts? :)

thanks in advance

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
gnome wont really die any faster than UD or human

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't make that much diff.
The int bonus is only on base stats, not items or buffs, so isn't as huge as you probably think - more like 1-2%.
The immunity on undead is only for 15s on a 3m(?) timer. Also all mages get blink which can be used to break stuns and roots.
Stealth detection is very short (20s iirc) and has a long reuse time (10m).

Best off picking the one you like the look of best, race really doesn't make a huge amount of difference in wow.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Vesuvius said:
undead 4tehwin

48% of the horde players on al'akir are undead :( So fotm it isnt even funny :touch: Cant walk two steps without tripping over one of the buggers.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
You can always use free action potions for the root/stun immunity. 30 secs > 20 secs ;)

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for your help guys, well appreciated, now i just need to get my enchanter on daoc 50 then move to WoW

:drink:

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
I must agree... No real reason to take the chanter to 50 then go wow :)

Actually I think he should finish getting his chanter to 50. If he doesn't it will always be in the back of his mind and spoil the WoW experience.

Then again after a couple of days WoW he will probably never think of DAoC again, /ignore me :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Danya said:
Doesn't make that much diff.
The int bonus is only on base stats, not items or buffs, so isn't as huge as you probably think - more like 1-2%.

acually, the gnome int bonus is counted from ur current base int, IE everytime u level up and gain more points in int, u get that included in the int bonus to, its not just starter base thats counted... its your total int (without items or buffs) thats counted..

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
acually, the gnome int bonus is counted from ur current base int, IE everytime u level up and gain more points in int, u get that included in the int bonus to, its not just starter base thats counted... its your total int (without items or buffs) thats counted..
That's what I said - base int, not starter int or total int.
Consider that base int makes less than half of your int (typically) it's not that amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom