One of Freddy's beloved
1) Info regarding the encounter from experienced pov
2) Anyone with plans of doing it in the future

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:
1) Info regarding the encounter from experienced pov
2) Anyone with plans of doing it in the future

Our normal setup is 3/4 theurgs, 1 ml9 sorc pet, 1 cleric, 2 necro's to power transfer.
Talk to all 3 mobs before starting it, then send the sorc pet in and have all theurgs petspam with the necros transfering power. Take 1 mob at a time.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Our normal setup is 3/4 theurgs, 1 ml9 sorc pet, 1 cleric, 2 necro's to power transfer.
Talk to all 3 mobs before starting it, then send the sorc pet in and have all theurgs petspam with the necros transfering power. Take 1 mob at a time.
on first mob u gotta remember when theurg's r on 40% power start nukeing (or have a wizz there aswell) cos if u dont kill him fast ur r screw'd as he PB's the pet's, second of all when u attack with the sorc / cabby pet never put it on passive to drag it toward's ppl, that will fail since he will deagro the pet and hunt some healer's (even BB's standing around doing nothing)

second mob pure pet spam take's 1 sec

3rd mob, ur pet will not stay ml9'd all the fight with this mob, so prepare well, again start nukeing when he start's to melt cos u dont want him healing himself to much

hope it was enough info 4 ya :cheers:

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
cant remember what order we use to take it, but if u look at vos my post make's abit more sence :p

Reikoku

Fledgling Freddie
you have no clue what you're starting with Dafft! good luck with it tho :worthy:

Most pain in the arse artifact encounter I know... (droprate-wise & difficulty in general)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I know, pm me when you doing the encounter :)

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Groupsetup doesn't matter much. You can go with Thergies/ML9 pets, a tank group, or 3 servant necros or... as long as you have at least 2 active clerics with FOP.

The most important things are:

Talk to all mobs before you attack.

Don't rest long in between mobs. You don't have much time to move to the next. There is no timer for each mob or the whole encounter (AFAIK - i did it for an hour once...), but there is timer in between mobs. If none of them is aggroed for a certain amount of time (approx. 1 min) after the encoutner was started, then all mobs will vanish - meaning u have to wait for it to repop...

If you don't pull all 3 mobs at the same time, the last mob will go to the middle of the lake, pick up the spear and position itself on the SW corner of the lake. The spear gives the mob a higher AF, thus making it harder to kill - which is no problem with thergys and ML9 pets, but a bummer for tank groups (especially if it's the healing mob).

The mob on the west side of the lake is the hardest (healing mob). Take it first as you really don't want it to get the spear - ever.

The mob on the NE side kills casters. No matter who has the aggro, it will hit that person and nuke casters in the area at the same time. He nukes ALL casters in range (ungrouped ones as well) once he gets aggroed. Take it second - and keep casters out of range/or have them run in and out of range quick.

The mob on the SE side is the easiest and best kept for last. Remember... if you do one mob after the other, it will not be on the SE side, but on the SW in the end, as it will have picked up the spear and moved...

Also read VoS for additional info.

Good luck!!!

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
someone pmed me today bout encounter, but I cant for the love of god remember your name.

call me on either MSN:hardysbru at hotmail.com or on irc

PonZaC

One of Freddy's beloved
Call me too need encounter on my nightshade !

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Ponzac, it's ok, there are ppl you can talk to about your problem!

PonZaC

One of Freddy's beloved
Really ? :eek2: U maybe ? Then we can talk about our problems together ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom