Golden Spear - HELP

Damion

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, last night i arranged a fg to drop the 3 djinnis in Golden Oasis.
Setup was like this:

Hero
Hero
Paladin
Mercenary
Shaman
Bard
Healer
Pbae
Pbae

To our surprise only Landrine had spawned, so we though we'd drop him and do the others some other day.
So we pulled him, he made his heal cloud, healer's got aggro. We kite'd him for a few mins then he starts to stun and our healers drop 1 by one without us being able to do much.

Please give me some advices on setups/tactics.

Note: This is on camlann, all classes can be in the setup.

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
he had the spear then and was in uber mode .. very hard to kill that way..

Best tactic is to kill one of them then pull the other 2 at the same time so that none ill go for the spear .

If one is in ubermode already you can try to kill him but will be very VERY hard . In this patch you can lure them to the harbor and let guards kill them. You will get the spear that way but no credit or other loot.

Damion

Fledgling Freddie
Well, cant other people snap the spear if guards kill them?

And Succi, please explain how.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Damion said:
Well, cant other people snap the spear if guards kill them?

And Succi, please explain how.
As I understand it, when you attack the 2nd djinni the last picks up the spear and absorbs its power - making him very tough to kill.

There are two approaches you can take:

1. Let him take the spear and take him on as a hard case. This can be done with good organisation and patience - you have to make sure that whenever he casts his heal cloud everyone runs right out of it. You also need to make sure that you have your tanks taking the aggro - dual blocking warriors and PBT is ideal - as healer aggro is not good and will likely end in a failed attempt.

2. When you attack the 2nd Djinn have a couple of people kite Landrine around until you've killed the 2nd Djinn. Keep him from getting the sword and he's a fair bit easier.

Neither of these are easy and they both require a well balanced, well organised group.

Note that if you want the artifact and already have credit you can kite the buffed Landrine to the guards in Stygia Haven and let them deal with him. Get healers to heal the guards.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Damion said:
Hey, last night i arranged a fg to drop the 3 djinnis in Golden Oasis.
Setup was like this:

Hero
Hero
Paladin
Mercenary
Shaman
Bard
Healer
Pbae
Pbae

To our surprise only Landrine had spawned, so we though we'd drop him and do the others some other day.
So we pulled him, he made his heal cloud, healer's got aggro. We kite'd him for a few mins then he starts to stun and our healers drop 1 by one without us being able to do much.

Please give me some advices on setups/tactics.

Note: This is on camlann, all classes can be in the setup.
once landrine is in uber mode you need a good 2-3fg to kill with melee. or alternatively grab a couple animists and get them to spam shrooms. mobs will drop in minutes.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
I got GS 2 days ago.

What we did was having 2 balanced tanks groups. MA group had 2 warriors guarding eachother, 2 savages, 2 healers and 1 shaman + 1 more I cant remember.. ( Ty BO :) )Other group consisted also mainly by tanks/seers. ( Cheers SC :) )

We killed the first djin ( cant recall name, but the one that pb's ) with not very much sweat. Remember he says a few seconds before he actually pb's - so SCATTER OUT!.

2nd djin ( the one that mezz/stuns ) werent too much hassle either. Have cure mezz rdy.

3rd djin already had the spear when we begun the encounter so it wouldnt mean anything if we kited him once we started on djin nr 2. If you keep him moving although out of the healing clouds, he really arent that much of a problem. 2 solid groups is all it takes, just KEEP HIM MOVING! :)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
or just get a petspam class and you can own the uberdjinn with 4-5ppl.

bult

Loyal Freddie
2 cleric 1 pala 1 merc 1 theurgist = no problem.

Damion

Fledgling Freddie
I got the Golden spear at last (woohoo!) me and some guild friends kite'd him to town buffed guards and watched Landrine die. Tok 15min+ before he died tho, was 6+ guards at him all the time, tough ass bugger imo.

But now im stuck with another problem, i just cant find "Spear's History part 2"
This scroll is so freaking impossible to get, have farmed all day long on all kinds of setians but it wont drop. And as im on the pvp server ml's can be tough to get sometimes, so im still not ml1 so i cant enter the cave where it has dropped earlier.

Anyone got loc's of where they have found it?

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Damion said:
I got the Golden spear at last (woohoo!) me and some guild friends kite'd him to town buffed guards and watched Landrine die. Tok 15min+ before he died tho, was 6+ guards at him all the time, tough ass bugger imo.
You might want to check that you got credit for the encounter. I think that unless you get the killing blow in then you get the artifact but not credit (at least that's been the case on the two occasions that SC have kited him to the guards). Not sure how you can check for credit other than by trying to activate it, though /quest might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom