Gold while mining

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I was pondering about the gold thing as prices for houses etc is rather high and gold is not mega easy to come across (especially large amounts of it) so how about this for gold cho :p special blocks (by special I mean iron, gold, diamond, redstone, lapis) give coin rewards like monsters do when killed? amount per block could be something like this

Iron: 1GC per block
Gold: 2-3GC per block
Diamond: 3-5GC per block
Redstone: 1GC per block (as its about as common as iron once you get down far enough)
Lapis: 2-3GC per block

Stops people idling for money then like they were before with the GC per minute thing and gives people a chance to make some extra income by doing what comes naturally in minecraft.

The only concern about this I have is that people could in theory keep putting the iron/gold blocks down and chain mining them for infinite gold but i'm sure that can be fixed.

Edit: just thought it'd be a reasonable thing given it'd cost you like 400 gold bars (6000GC) or so for the average house and 400 gold bars takes a long time to farm.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sounds good, though price levels are negotiable.

Depends on housing prices etc. Could be 10% of going rate for items.

So per example; if a diamond costs 10 in store(cheap), you'd get 1G/mine.

That way anything that has a value, will also give you the "work" value of getting it.

Ofcourse stone/dirt/etc shouldn't give anything.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
A interesting idea. Only problems is to find a plugin who gives such rewards :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I have requested this from a plugin author for bukkit now, he will make one. Not sure when it is done tho!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
sweet, have a few other suggestions aswell :p

Obsidian Armour (just armour not tools as obsidian tools would be op as hell, high durability stuff perhaps) gives us something to waste obsidian on atleast.

There was also a cart mod I seen ages ago where you could basicly just punch in the direction you wanted to go and the cart would go that way full speed without the use of boosters, maybe something similar would be more desirable than the amount of gold blocks needed at present, it'd certainly make building large coasters/tracks alot easier/fun and eliminate the choice between profit or boosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom