Going outside the mission area - no no no!

B

Brit

Snowblind, Raindance, Rollercoaster, Dangerous Crossings.. fantastic maps, full of fast paced flag grabbing frenzy, where the skillful teamworking players end up victorious, and the morons who play muscial statues in their inventory room lose horribly.

And so it should be. Until that is, people start (in my mind) cheating.

Last night, we were playing Snowblind. Not the easiest maps to defend in, but passable. There we were, doing our 'thang' when wallop, a mortar lands at my feet. *BOOM*.

Fair enough, these things happen. I climb back up... *zzzzZZZAAP* - a sniper cuts me down.

I don't have a problem with this. I *do* have a problem when I can't find the bastoids who do it because they are playing OFF the map. We're not talking a few metres either, we're talking miles away - a tiny, tiny speck in the distance.

Sure, we all go off the map occasionally, but this is just taking the piss royally. The game has boundaries, it even beeps at you when you cross them, yet still people think its big, clever and very 'ha ha' to go and stand miles away sniping at you.

What is the thought on this? Personally, I rank it up amongst those morons who change sides as soon as their team starts losing. Or the TK'ers. Bastoids one and all.

I would like to see BW put the anti cheat patch on that gives you 10 seconds to return to the mission area before starting to knock large chunks of health off.

Its not big, it ain't clever - its SAD. People that do it are SAD PEOPLE.

--Brit--

P

Padishar

Yeah, I think it's cheating though I think it would be funnier to remove all of their equipment rather than hurt them...
smile.gif

DS.Padishar

I

ivanski

Yup, again :-<

If its a 'bit' off the map (your bit may vary) and you've stopped to use a repair pack, or are trying to sneak in under the enemy's sensor net then maybee OK. But when out of the map area, please don't shoot / snipe the enemy flag defenders or their equipment, as you do have an unfair advantage.

If someones doing this deliberately, hunt them down, complementing them on their skills as you pick up their equipment...

BW did run a mod that knocked off health points 10 seconds after you left the mission area. IIRC it was removed as it ate lots of processor cycles, and lagged the servers.
frown.gif

Oh well, tis but a game m'lord
smile.gif

Ivanova

E

Ewan

Actually removing the equipment would be quite funny the 1st few times it happens, but itd be better if it waited until someone fired while off the map, so some mortar guy spends 10mins finding a hiding place, pulls triger, and finds hes got no weaps
smile.gif

S

Spiritos

Kill them with a Monty Python Foot!!!
smile.gif

If they're outside the map area, they're 'cheating', simple as that really (newbies who've wondered off by accident excluded) - by definition you are _not_ on the 'playing field' so you shouldn't be able to have any sort of interaction with it. Mind you, the programmers shouldn't have included the ability to go 'off-map' in the first place (yes, I do accept that it would be strange and even a bit annoying to see acres of hills in front of you and be stopped dead by an invisible wall preventing you from leaving the map area).

I still like the Monty Python idea meself with a global message being displayed:

"'Cheater' has been Full Monty'ed",

oh yeah, and he's been stripped of all his equipment which is left behind....
smile.gif

E

Exocet

Monty Python foot? Hmmm, I think not somehow.

Removing their equipment piece by piece would be cool though.

Say, every ten seconds that you're outside the arena, one piece of equipment is stripped from you.

One minute you're cunningly sneaking round the back of an enemy base - when suddenly, poof! Your energy backpack has gone. Swearing angrilly at the game you realise your chaingun has vanished too. - Then of course comes the final aspect of punishment, the following message is flashed up for all to see:

"Useless 'cheater' never had a hope.
Useless 'cheater' really couldn't cope.
Poor sad fool went and lost his way,
Now the stupid cretin is really gonna pay..."

As numerous rockets are fired at him from nowehere in particular (ie. from a plane or something above)and he explodes humourously :)

Well, that's my answer anyway.

[GA]
[TKT] Exocet

O

old.Plantpot

I dont mind ppl going out to heal or dual but to stand there firing discs at the nmes base is ridiculous and must STOP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom