Going LD after few minutes

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone who can help me?

I have been playing this game for almost 6 years now without any problems.

Since 13th February I can't even stay online for 15 minutes without going ld.

I have tested the game on the old computer and same results. LD :(
My client has stopped receiving messages with result that I go ld.
I can play other online games without going ld, even DAOC US. But all GOA servers gives me ld as result.

My ISP provider asked me to find out which IP addresses the servers of GOA are on.
This way they can track down if something maybe goes wrong btw my home and GOA servers and to see if it's an fault of Telenet. (my ISP provider)

Anyone knows these IP's?

Are there other ppl from Belgium, who uses Telenet, who have this problem?
If so, please call Telenet. Cause the more ppl who make an complaint and open an case, the higher the priority will be for handling the cases.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Other Telenet users are having problems as well, ask Arid and Mzn.

Just use the Temair IP for traceroutes - 193.252.123.14

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
same here
been playing some other games (and read Orcslayer) and having pingplotter up to check situation, atm its seems solved or packetloss is to a minimum :)

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the replies all.

I have created an case at Telenet, my ISP provider.

They will try to investigate this, but they hope they get more complaints.
The more complaints, the more seriously they will take it and the higher the priority they will give it. Just tell them the game name also. Maybe that will ring a bell with them. Otherwise it might be ages untill they start working on it, cause they don't support normally the travelway an certain IP to an other IP does with all the hops in btw. But we are customers and we also pay for our ISP and or game. So please make the complaints :)

I used yesterday routeplotter on the gateway 193.252.123.24 and had few package losses on certain hops. Some 25%, others 50% and other 100%

There was one hop which most of times gives long responds times. btw 168 and 220.

For me it was hop 8 with IP 213.46.160.226.

The gateway address I did find on next article on the support pages of Rightnow

Question
I am constantly going link-dead when playing DAoC. What could be the problem?

Answer
Going link-dead occasionally / A SERIOUS ERROR HAS OCCURRED

Assuming that you have all of your drivers up to date on your PC, as well as the fastest connection available to you, there is little that can be done to prevent going Link Dead. If you connection to our server is lost for any reason the "serious error has occurred" or "You have gone Link Dead" message will display on your screen. Please check the board to see if we have a temporaly problem, if not please contact your ISP for further assistance.

You can also download a program called Visual Route (VisualRoute IPv4 and IPv6 traceroute, connectivity test). With this program you can ping our gateway address at 193.252.123.24, as this will give you detailed information as to where the connection is getting lost. Please note, the connection will always be lost right before your trace hits our firewall.

I have also informed Rightnow Friday. this is what I got today from them:

Hello,

for further investigation we need a pingplot over at least 15 minutes.

- First, download the shareware Ping Plotter from the following website: PingPlotter.

- Then, launch it and select the destination IP of the chosen server you used in the last process. Execute it for at least ten minutes, and it is better if you use it when you are playing DAOC and your connection problems appear.

- Save the Ping Plotter file in .pp2 format and send us this file via RightNow, using the "Connection Problems" category. You can also send us a screenshot of the Ping Plotter window.

This kind of report can greatly reduce the delay to find and solve a network problem, especially if you connect to our servers from a foreign country.

Of course, this program has to be run when you sense some lag in-game, in order to allow the localisation of the problem.

There is one example in attached files of a traceroute and a pingplot to Broceliande.

Ping Plotter Parameters

On the bottom left corner of the Ping Plotter window, you have to set 3 parameters correctly :
- # of times to trace : 0 (Unlimited)
- Trace Interval : 1 second
- Samples to include : ALL

If these parameters aren't set correctly, your report will not provide enough data to locate the problem! Furthermore, if your run this program less than 10 minutes, your report may return too little information to be useful for our technical team.

Following IP-Adresses:

Excalibur : 193.252.123.33
Broceliande : 193.252.123.34
Avalon : 193.252.123.45
Lyonesse :193.252.123.11
Ys : 193.252.123.12
Prydwen : 193.252.123.33
Stonehenge : 193.252.123.14
Logres : 193.252.123.134
Orcanie : 193.252.123.139
Camlann : 193.252.123.147
Dartmoor : 193.252.123.153
Carnac : 193.252.123.139
Deira : 193.252.123.103
Cumbria : 193.252.123.163
Glastonbury : 193.252.133.20
Salisbury : 193.252.133.27

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
Response (CM) 02/19/2008 10:20 AM
Hello,

We have investigated and found that Belgian users in particular are suffering with huge ammounts of data loss at the following locations: access.telenet.be , aorta.net and level3.net .

We can also confirm that the packet loss rate goes down to normal as soon as you they reach the French OpenTransit servers.

We would therefor like you to contact your ISP again and discuss the situation with them.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

The pingplotter I'm gonna do now and mail them to Rightnow and if something strange is found I'm gonna also send them to Telenet.
Rightnow has confirmed that something is going wrong with the Belgium customers. So please, I repeat myself: Harrasle also Telenet with it or any other ISP provider you are on in Belgium if you have problems.

And maybe send it also to Rightnow. Try to get solution from both sides :)

I'm sorry if this was a long post, but I think there is some good information in it, if you encounter also problems.

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
Very stable connection atm :)

Hope it stays this way :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
one day after the conn getting to normal i get inv to WAR beta
life is funny :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom