Going downhill fast

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Just seen Bluesky's last post on the DR sticky. I don't come on Dragon Raids for one reason only : can't make Wed nights usually at this point in time.

BUT : <rant mode ON>

it'd be a great pity if they went the same way as the Sat morning BoZ / Erinys / Jac or even the more recent Thursday night C05s.

The changes that dumbed-down the getting of artis seems to have had the opposite effect to what was intended. Players grab em too easily and go elsewhere.

I also remember reading somewhere that GoA assured us after that last patch any scroll could drop from any mob and that scarce scrolls would become a thing of the past. In fact many have become almost non-existent. I tried just for the hell of it to farm Tribute to Adauron 3/3 on both servers. After three nights of around 2h per night I ended up with 11 1/3, 5 2/3 and 0 3/3. No wonder players are leaving in droves.

I was under the impression that Crafting was to be made less of a grind. Well, it sure ain't if you're over 1000.

And if they've clustered the servers, how come there's still two MEs to search? Smacks of GoAs cba imo.

The one real improvement they made (barrels) bugger me Mythic make them take off after a few months. Sometimes wonder what makes such people tick - it sure ain't IQ. Maybe the firm kick they're getting in the wallet might wake somebody up.

I know the majority (ha! Sez who?) voted for the Pryd/Excal cluster but it seems to me after an initial burst of interest things have gone steadily downhill since that time. Tonight (Tues 9am) there are 241 players on Pryd - and I'll bet 240 of them are in RvR. :)

Trade on my CMs which I make sure sell stuff cheaper than most (things that I've checked, anyway) has sold almost nothing in the last two weeks and I've sold a set of the new Reactives to one person only.

The ML10 raid we do on Sundays is now down to a BG of around 30. When the mobs refuse to drop weapons week in, week out, it's no real surprise.

Myhtic and GoA need to take a long, hard look at what they're doing. There are dozens of changes I can think of that could be made to make the game more playable (and probably hundreds that others would come up with) but no use mentioning them to anybody responsible for the game - they won't do anything - not enough mileage in it. They'll probably drag out the European game until it's losing so much money then cluster with the US.

I have a feeling alot of people loyal to the game (ie. not those who left to play WoW) have cast their eyes (and their cash) over the Atlantic. No surprise when you see from the Camelot Herald website what they have. Has anyone even seen a mention of LotM from GoA? Or any sniff of a co-operative server? Or a decent webbie that actually tells you useful stuff instead of the inane drivel we get from the Camelot Reporter?

<rant mode stuck at ON>​

<Pulls out Immolated Cleaver> Gah! It makes me mad, mad, mad.

:england:​

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
I just spent 4h farming for Tarins Animal scrolls, no luck at all, got 8 full books of other scrolls thou.

Maby this is there way of starting to promote WAR? get peps to long for next "good" game, I'm taking my chips over the pond for that one.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
A co-operative server is interesting but would have very limited interest I think.

And we've discussed this already outside of FH but I really don't think things are that much better on the other side of the atlantic either. A bit of fluff on the website and patches a couple of months earlier is nice, but not worth starting again for. The main fault lay with Mythic and their own pig ignorance of the game rather then with GOA.

Given the drop in numbers over all mythic should take measure to make all encounters easier, specially in the ToA would.

No encounter should need more then a couple of groups, asking for more is just unreasonable given the frustration organising such an event entails in a game largely RvR dominated.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
A co-operative server is interesting but would have very limited interest I think.

A few people keep asking for this, yet I can't see it having more than 30 people online after the first 2 months if they actually opened it, at which point it would be a fairly dull server to be on.

Kagato said:
And we've discussed this already outside of FH but I really don't think things are that much better on the other side of the atlantic either. A bit of fluff on the website and patches a couple of months earlier is nice, but not worth starting again for. The main fault lay with Mythic and their own pig ignorance of the game rather then with GOA.

I'll playing on US classic at the moment and the difference is actually staggering. I've seen numbers upwards of 70 people from on realm in thid on an evening, and molvik normally has a couple of groups from each realm in there. I actually managed to get 8 kills in the 5->9 DF dungeon.
The fluff on the website is nice but fairly unimportant, what makes the game fun is actually seeing people while leveling. In getting to level 30 I found 3 exp groups without even trying. GOA's issue has always been lack of advertising in English speaking countries. The game isn't at fault, it's the fact that 98% of the people on the alb/excal cluster have been playing for 3 years plus so anything outside RvR has been done to absolute death. PvE raids can be fun, but after the 30th time with the same few people it really losses it's appeal. What the EU servers are suffering at the moment is a playerbase that's simply hanging around because there's nothing better to go to, instead of new players actually excited about the stuff they are doing. The fact that by the time any new expansion or content arrives there's a fully functional walkthrough so you can complete it in 2 hours doesn't really help either.

Kagato said:
Given the drop in numbers over all mythic should take measure to make all encounters easier, specially in the ToA would.

No encounter should need more then a couple of groups, asking for more is just unreasonable given the frustration organising such an event entails in a game largely RvR dominated.

This has already been done. There's barely any encounters left in the game that can't be done by a staggeringly small number of people assuming you know what your doing and can bring the right classes. I actually think it's important to have some hard to kill stuff that can't be done every week. If everything is killable by you + your bot then what's the point in actually killing it. Pre-ToA nerf pretty much everything that was needed for templates was farmed by very few people. Since the ToA nerf it didn't become harder to get arti's but what was done before with a duo now seems to need 2fg's to turn up before people even consider attempting it. Stuff didn't get harder, people just got lazier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom