Gogo daoc plx !

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
Hi der,

Been a while ... but dude I miss it!
Is it worth it comming back to daoc?
I have a few ToA'ed chars , but nothing in catacombs etc ...

how do I solve the prob?
and is it worth comming back, even if my chars are on prydwen?
I don't mind rerolling ><

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Afran said:

Comments like that that make everyone moan about the lower population level.

Looks like we solved the problem its low cause people keep telling others not to return

Big grats mate, you have just helped hammer another nail

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
If you like to add, zerg and play for as much rps as possible with as little effort as you can, then you will blend right in with the majority of players remaining on UK cluster and have a great time, as these types of players now rule the server, due to most of the competitive playerbase has left the game or moved to other servers.

If you value solo RvR or fg vs fg then I would not recommend it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Coldbeard said:
If you like to add, zerg and play for as much rps as possible with as little effort as you can, then you will blend right in with the majority of players remaining on UK cluster and have a great time, as these types of players now rule the server, due to most of the competitive playerbase has left the game or moved to other servers.

well thats bolox, i had one of the best nights in Agramon ive ever had this week, so there !

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Zede said:
well thats bolox, i had one of the best nights in Agramon ive ever had this week, so there !

And? That doesn't make what I wrote less true.

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Wow people still use that retard "1337 speak"

If I recall well ... you were one of those people :D

Now, if I go to US classic, and nestle myself into that goddamn stupid IGN board, start my way up, how are the raids with such a low population? :eek:

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's ABSOLUTELY no point asking on this forum, best way to find out is to try it yourself. Most of the population actually playing on exc/pry cluster stopped reading this forum long ago, and the replies above are a prime example why.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Bleam said:
If I recall well ... you were one of those people :D

Now, if I go to US classic, and nestle myself into that goddamn stupid IGN board, start my way up, how are the raids with such a low population? :eek:

US Classic is packed... Yanks seem to love PvE so easy to get geared up and Champ raids DF etc.

Oh and what happened to that sunflower picture ?? xD

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
i would try it mate. im enjoying rvr at the mo, i run solo most of the time.
you will get a lot of negative posts of people with a chip on there shoulder tho askin here :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
All those banging on about US classic are also the ones who wanted euro classic servers, look what happened to them.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Dr_Evil said:
I think it's ABSOLUTELY no point asking on this forum, best way to find out is to try it yourself. Most of the population actually playing on exc/pry cluster stopped reading this forum long ago, and the replies above are a prime example why.

Yet some still remain to tell the same old lies.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Yet some still remain to tell the same old lies.
What is your point? Just because you quit playing you want everyone to quit playing? :touch:

I'm still enjoying the game. The population has been about the same for the last 5 months, and I doubt it will change much the next 5 months except for the usual increase when a new expansion is released. :D

Proof: http://daoc.darkzone.net/

I think the "fotm to quit playing" trend only affects the freddyhouse population, and actually has no impact on the cluster population at all. :p

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
avalon ftw ;/

raids every day, lots of population and action

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Dr_Evil said:
What is your point? Just because you quit playing you want everyone to quit playing? :touch:

I'm still enjoying the game. The population has been about the same for the last 5 months, and I doubt it will change much the next 5 months except for the usual increase when a new expansion is released. :D

Proof: http://daoc.darkzone.net/

I think the "fotm to quit playing" trend only affects the freddyhouse population, and actually has no impact on the cluster population at all. :p

That is not my point at all, but I do not think we should try to hide the fact that the state of DAoC on UK cluster, is in many aspects not good.

I'm well aware that people still can have fun, I'll quote my previous post:

If you like to add, zerg and play for as much rps as possible with as little effort as you can, then you will blend right in with the majority of players remaining on UK cluster and have a great time

Leading to:

So it depends on what you are after. It's quite obvious what part of the game you belong to, so I have no problem believing you're having a blast. But there is alot of players who value other aspects of this game, aspects that are disappearing, both as a reason for players leaving, and as a consequence of the same. Anyways, that being said, I doubt the majority of the players playing DAoC and yourself see the value of having many types of communities within daoc.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
That is not my point at all, but I do not think we should try to hide the fact that the state of DAoC on UK cluster, is in many aspects not good.

I'm well aware that people still can have fun, I'll quote my previous post:

Leading to:

So it depends on what you are after. It's quite obvious what part of the game you belong to, so I have no problem believing you're having a blast. But there is alot of players who value other aspects of this game, aspects that are disappearing, both as a reason for players leaving, and as a consequence of the same. Anyways, that being said, I doubt the majority of the players playing DAoC and yourself see the value of having many types of communities within daoc.
I don't think it's that obvious to you. I play for fair and challenging fights, if my group outnumbers the enemy's I will have the curtsey to let the enemy start the fight if it makes it more fair. If they think they can win they will attack, if not I let them go.

I agree soloing as a tank isn't as rewarding as it used to, the Thursday evening I soloed my entire game session and I got only one 1v1 with an infil wich could've been more of a challenge but it wasn't bad. The rest of the fights I was alone versus many, chanceless, and some of the fights had started as 1v1 before some trigger happy casters came around. However if you tried going solo Friday evening the DC area was a pure 1v1 arena, because the albs had taken Nottmoor and were busy zerging that area.

My favourite part of the game is small tank groups 2v2 or 3v3, wich have been very little of after NF, that's what I miss most about OF. Still I had some very fun 2v2s recently skald+warrior vs melee heretic x2 wich I made this thank you thread for. Also having very much fun duo'ing with a savage and we have no fear of challenging groups of 5-6 albs.

I've also run in various set 8v8 groups over the years, also recently I've had fun doing this, and when I'm not doing one of those activities I've mentioned I gather some guildies and arrange a PUG with lfg'ers to make it compete with the set groups or go to farm the zerg. Wich I also find very fun because it's challenging, especially when we have some kind of weird group setup and still manage to compete. Over the last month I've arranged one of those PUGs almost every day.

In rvr I only play my skald, and I'm still having so much fun with it after all these years that I still haven't leveled any other characters to 50. I do however keep most of them in different battlegrounds. Whoa this ended in something that looks like a self biography. :p

For me

challenge = fun.

I've never cared about RPs, otherwise I would've been RR11 very long ago. (And I would probably have been a caster.)

Kimkasper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom