GOA's Plan after bringing the new servers online

Gamah

Banned
I have not seen this around but I am interested to know from a GOA rep.

After you bring in the Italian/Spanish? Servers what are your plans for patching? Will the English/French/German communities prepare for even longer patch times? Or are you employing more staff to cope with this side of the business. I would hate to see a time when we were like 6 patches behind the US.

Also will this delay catacombs further or will you be employing more Translators to cope with the 2 new languages you will have to translate as well.

Please DO NOT FLAME GOA ON THIS THREAD...wanna do that make another thread..this is a serious thread and I don't want it turning into some flamefest.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Well as you may have seen, we have already started recruiting people for the Spanish team including CSRs, translators and technical staff.
There'll be an announcement in conjunction with Mythic regarding the Italian servers so I don't want to pre-empt that but I'd be astonished if the plan wasn't broadly similar.

As far as delay in patching is concerned, the translations are done side by side by different teams so it shouldn't take longer to translate two extra languages.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chronictank said:
will these new servers be bumping up the subscription prices?

new servers + new players to pay for them.

Don't see anything to make me worry about increased subs prices.

Xplo

Banned
Send Italian girls to exc, the current female population is too frigid ;<

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Well as you may have seen, we have already started recruiting people for the Spanish team including CSRs, translators and technical staff.
There'll be an announcement in conjunction with Mythic regarding the Italian servers so I don't want to pre-empt that but I'd be astonished if the plan wasn't broadly similar.

As far as delay in patching is concerned, the translations are done side by side by different teams so it shouldn't take longer to translate two extra languages.

Translation is done side by side, but what about testing?

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Translation may be done in parallel, but testing on Gorre has always been in series. So I would amazed if there wasn't an increase in patch time.

Glad I'm off to a game where all patching is simultaneous worldwide.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
also will we have to wait till the spanish and italian servers are brought up to 1.70? or will they all be patching to 1.71 ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Smurflord said:
Translation may be done in parallel, but testing on Gorre has always been in series. So I would amazed if there wasn't an increase in patch time.

Another test server would fix that ;)

Cyfr

Banned
Xplo said:
the current female population is too frigid ;<
You mean they dont wanna get sexualy harresed by all the horny men in daoc? :p

Abommynation

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
Send Italian girls to exc, the current female population is too frigid ;<

Maybe the current Exc female population just think that you are an oozing cocksore and want nothing to do with you?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Abommynation said:
Maybe the current Exc female population just think that you are an oozing cocksore and want nothing to do with you?

as crude and nasty an image as that is it wins "reply of the week" in my opinion :)

Otep

Fledgling Freddie
omg!!! ITALIAN SERVERS??? WENN wil they be up?!?! ahaha :D
At last, wtg goa :)

someone pm me with info plz!!! im italian, and have been waiting to long for italian server :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom