Goal of The Month

soze

I am a FH squatter
9 out of 10 were all smashed shots from out side the box. My question is if these goals now happen every week are they so special now? It sounds like some of the goal keepers complaints are right its the ball this season letting the players hit these long range smashes.

Signed a bitter Arsenal Fan

PS vote for van persie the only goal with any team work ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
soze said:
9 out of 10 were all smashed shots from out side the box.
but its the only way lampard can score :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
More visually pleasing than have it walked into the net a la Arsenal :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Vladamir said:
More visually pleasing than have it walked into the net a la Arsenal :p
Not for me must be a question of taste, when your team can score good goals you like them. When all you see is long shots you like them :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i do agree though, a good blast from 30 yards always beats a tap in.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Henry's goal yesterday owns any blast except maybe volleys cos they look sweet

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Scholes vs Villa without doubt, the technique was amazing :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
post some more youtube links with great goal imo :D

Movies says alot more then words :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Would have to vote for Scholes but then I am a dirty red manc bastard! :D ;) :p

Keitan

Banned
goals from own half volleys are the kings :D I saw one other week forgot who it was tho :s

Corran

Part of the furniture
A long range strike though good never wins goal of the season in my opinion. A long range volley takes a little more skill and so lot more credit goes to them then just a normal long range hit. The best goals come in one of 2 ways. Either a well worked team goal, the ball being knocked about between the players and ending up in the back of the net, doesnt matter if it a simple tap in for the scorer, something good had to be done before that so that the defence and keeper was taken out the game.

The other type of goal that is highly rated is one where someone skillfully went round players before slotting the ball in, wether they go round the keeper or strike it doesnt matter. That is why Ryan Giggs goal against Arsenal quite some years back still rated as one the best goes ever in recent history

soze

I am a FH squatter
Corran said:
A long range strike though good never wins goal of the season in my opinion. A long range volley takes a little more skill and so lot more credit goes to them then just a normal long range hit. The best goals come in one of 2 ways. Either a well worked team goal, the ball being knocked about between the players and ending up in the back of the net, doesnt matter if it a simple tap in for the scorer, something good had to be done before that so that the defence and keeper was taken out the game.

The other type of goal that is highly rated is one where someone skillfully went round players before slotting the ball in, wether they go round the keeper or strike it doesnt matter. That is why Ryan Giggs goal against Arsenal quite some years back still rated as one the best goes ever in recent history

I agree with you even with the last part :(

The problem is more football in the premiership is route one and kick the shit out of each other bullshit than skillfull football.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
soze said:
The problem is more football in the premiership is route one and kick the shit out of each other bullshit than skillfull football.
Why do you think we love your football? :D

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
While long range blasts look awesome on TV footage, when you put them next to the 20 other shots that sailed over the bar or hit the first defender then you realise fairly quickly that most of them are just lucky efforts. Any professional footballer should be able to crack a ball and get lucky some of the time.

The "team goals" where it was well worked are actually much more skillful and deserving of goal of the month awards, but they don't look nearly as impressive in the replays so the public still gives it to the long range efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom