GOA - You're not really customer focused are you?

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I've been inactive a while, I decide that this weekend I'll try the new expansion pack, I only have this weekend, and the reason I'm writing this is because, well thx to GOA I can't actually play!

So I go though the GOA web site and buy the expansion pack, all good there, but now I can't reactivate the account! This is because of the ridiculous "Invoice in progress" crap. So I thought umm perhaps I should reactivate before buying the expansion, but noooo on my second account the same problem!

Now GOA is going to say "anti fraud mechanism" can't do anything about it, but this is bullshit.

1. Firstly you can listen to your customer base and ditch this stupid feature, we don’t like it: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/search.php?searchid=544023
2. Having read this:
lockout period is now about 2 hours and not till midnight as previously.
I think it is still till midnight, I’ve been waiting 15 hours so far.....only 4 hours to go..... Give your customers correct, timely and useful information.
3. GOA "could" have allowed one to activate and buy the pack on the same invoice, just basic common sense right, why didn't you?
4. When I was buying I could have been warned by GoA and I could have got the pack from somewhere else and just used the GOA webby to reactivate.

GoA is so backward, I'm trying to give you money and you won't let me, ROFL so what business model is this?

Customers, customers, customers....

2nd Rant:
Population.
GOA seems to have no answer for the English speaking cluster population problems.
Why are they are not even engaging the customer base on the issue?
Is GOA actually considering a solution?
Your customers want you to do something, why are you ignoring them? E.g. https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=213202
You just prepared to watch your customer and profits dwindle?
Come on do something, do it NOW, I’m sure many from US and those gone inactive may well return if you do it now..

And my third rant...
Vista.
Vista went Beta (with free download) like over a year ago, the full RTM version was on free download to those with MSDN subscriptions in November 2006 and it was also released to businesses at the same time, it was released only to the public recently. So why on earth did it take this long to sort DAoC out? When will GOA implement the Vista compliant 1.88? In two months, three months, four months? DAoC should have been compliant to both GOA and Mythic customers on the Vista release date.

If someone buys a new PC with Vista on it, they're not going to uninstall it to play DAOC, they'll cancel DAoC.

[I would like to point out that I've been running Vista and have not had problems, but some clearly have.]

Not sure why I bother with this post... GOAs not going to change right?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Goa cant control the game thats mythics job i do agree that the whole billing system does need an overhaul but did you right now or contact customer supprot with your problems ?

I had similar issues with my account and it did take some time to activate.

As for vista well my view is dont install an operating system until the software you use is complaitn with it. MYTHIC have already said that daoc isnt vista compliant and have only just recently brought out a patch that changes how the files work.

YEs it was a bit of a bummer for you but you just so happened to have picked the weekend that EVERY other player in the game was also activating their account.

Shit happens, but the vista compatibility issue is down to mythic not goa.

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
I tried to activate my Lotm via the quick activation. Well that system is fucked up. I then went through the officiel subscription page and had no problem activating the expansion.

I agree with Xajor though. Get something going for the English cluster. What's happening now is just plain silly.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I've been inactive a while, I decide that this weekend I'll try the new expansion pack, I only have this weekend, and the reason I'm writing this is because, well thx to GOA I can't actually play!

So I go though the GOA web site and buy the expansion pack, all good there, but now I can't reactivate the account! This is because of the ridiculous "Invoice in progress" crap. So I thought umm perhaps I should reactivate before buying the expansion, but noooo on my second account the same problem!

Now GOA is going to say "anti fraud mechanism" can't do anything about it, but this is bullshit.

1. Firstly you can listen to your customer base and ditch this stupid feature, we don’t like it: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/search.php?searchid=544023
2. Having read this:

I think it is still till midnight, I’ve been waiting 15 hours so far.....only 4 hours to go..... Give your customers correct, timely and useful information.
3. GOA "could" have allowed one to activate and buy the pack on the same invoice, just basic common sense right, why didn't you?
4. When I was buying I could have been warned by GoA and I could have got the pack from somewhere else and just used the GOA webby to reactivate.

GoA is so backward, I'm trying to give you money and you won't let me, ROFL so what business model is this?

Customers, customers, customers....

2nd Rant:
Population.
GOA seems to have no answer for the English speaking cluster population problems.
Why are they are not even engaging the customer base on the issue?
Is GOA actually considering a solution?
Your customers want you to do something, why are you ignoring them? E.g. https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=213202
You just prepared to watch your customer and profits dwindle?
Come on do something, do it NOW, I’m sure many from US and those gone inactive may well return if you do it now..

And my third rant...
Vista.
Vista went Beta (with free download) like over a year ago, the full RTM version was on free download to those with MSDN subscriptions in November 2006 and it was also released to businesses at the same time, it was released only to the public recently. So why on earth did it take this long to sort DAoC out? When will GOA implement the Vista compliant 1.88? In two months, three months, four months? DAoC should have been compliant to both GOA and Mythic customers on the Vista release date.

If someone buys a new PC with Vista on it, they're not going to uninstall it to play DAOC, they'll cancel DAoC.

[I would like to point out that I've been running Vista and have not had problems, but some clearly have.]

Not sure why I bother with this post... GOAs not going to change right?
1: Tried clearing your cache as other people have found the invoice in progress thing is only a couple of hours now not 15 like you say.

2: Funny you expect an answer to a random thread on a subforum when there's several official responses on the same topic on the general board. Do you want everything copied and pasted into each and every thread?

3: Whine to Mythic.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
A response from a Goa Rep would be nice ...

A1 Thread , well said and well presented :D

Hiolo

One of Freddy's beloved
i activated with quick and it worked smoth whith my accs

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
"Unable to modify your subscription. An invoice is currently in process"

As GOA can't be bothered here's some concise, timely and correct information.

This post is mainly for those with the same problem and using "Search" on FH to try and find a solution.

"Unable to modify your subscription. An invoice is currently in process"

If you get the above message after purchasing an expansion or reactivating your account from the GOA web site you will need to wait precisely 24 hours before you can re-purchase or re-activate again on the same account.

I've tested this twice; this lock out period is exactly 24 hours.

This information is correct as of (GMT) 05:10 am Sunday 17th of February 2007.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Or that's how long it takes your cache to expire. A lot of other people have noted that it only takes a couple of hours in the thread on DAoC General.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i reactivated and got lotm within an hour so maybe you just got unlucky, got my other acc's lotm through post though, and the quick activation worked a charm too o_O

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Or that's how long it takes your cache to expire. A lot of other people have noted that it only takes a couple of hours in the thread on DAoC General.

mrsdoyleface.jpg

[In the voice of Mrs Doyle]
“Say clear your cache again, go on, go on, go on, go ooooon, I know you want to...go on, go, go on...go on say clear you cache again....go on, go on, I know you want to, go on...”

Like I said it took 24 hours, I'm not some inept feckwit who doesn't know how to clear one’s own cache.

I retested 2 more times and the same thing, so I've now tested four times.... all were 24 hours exactly... How much testing you done? Exactly, so leave it alone.

Whenever anyone posts some solution to an issue you always have the smart alecs who say "I did it in 20 seconds on my spectrum, whilst riding backwards on a goat", most of these have either misread the problem or are guessing, well I’m very happy for them... however there are those that didn’t and there’s no documentation from GOA....

So I'm posting here the facts (problem and solution) that happened to me in my case, so that if others have the same experience they can expect a similar wait, just leave it at that.

I’m in the game I’m playing...

Regards

Father Jack Hackett

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
3: Whine to Mythic.
why?

with mythic you can update everything through a decent client, you update via your game client, takes seconds to add an expansion....you dont even have to buy them from a third party. Goa decided they didnt like the idea of convenience so introduced a wanky flash system.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
why?

with mythic you can update everything through a decent client, you update via your game client, takes seconds to add an expansion....you dont even have to buy them from a third party. Goa decided they didnt like the idea of convenience so introduced a wanky flash system.

The previous posts, said he should write to mythic regarding the Vista compability, not goa...

ehm and why play wow, if i should play that, i might aswell watch disney channel with my son, chars look alike - too cartoonish for me.

Vonwar

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
i think goa are understaffed and probably overworked, or just lack motivation as there boss is not so nice :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The previous posts, said he should write to mythic regarding the Vista compability, not goa...

ehm and why play wow, if i should play that, i might aswell watch disney channel with my son, chars look alike - too cartoonish for me.

Vonwar

whats WoW got to do with it?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar: First of all, each and every month more and more people replace their old system with something new, and might get vista. GOA should reduce the delays for 1.88 but GOA is slow with patches / expansions. While Mythic was lucky. Not many people buy a new gaming box just after xmass, when there is a new OS, new GFX chip generation, etc.

They can make sure that their efforts for vista compatibility means compatibility with the video drivers designed for vista, with directx 10, etc. Better than working on different compatibility solutions one after another.

The delays EU customers face with each and every patch is a problem here, and it is influenced heavily by the difference between EU and US version. You can see which change helps the users, and worths the extra delay for them, an which change is harmful even without the delay. Also it is up to GOA to decide if they spend money to make the delay shorter or not.

While the release dates are ok for Mythic, GOA isn't so lucky. And users are free to express their oppinion about this issue.

About differences in account management, support, subscribtion system, etc. the said user has his oppinion based on his experience.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
whats WoW got to do with it?

Its the best mmorpg every made m8!!!!!1111

Just wish at least 10% of the people that made WOW thier first mmorpg would try games like daoc and see how vshit wow really is.

But that will never happen, Blizzard have hypnotised the masses with thier cartoon graphics :(

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Just wish at least 10% of the people that made WOW thier first mmorpg would try games like daoc and see how vshit wow really is.

While I can name about 10 design flaws in WoW, I can point to some advantages of wow as well: Lets see the problems first:
  • Limited guild (and community) management tools
  • Lack of shared goals (like capturing relics)
  • 2 sides in a conflict aren't enough
  • Roll back in history: Pre Warcraft 3 conflict came back
  • Half finished parts
  • No player (guild) "owned" or claimed structures of any kind (no guildhouses, no claimed keeps, etc)
  • Repetitive and time consuming
  • Balance problems
  • On each server type: One side has far higher numbers (dominant) /but it tends to make them more organized/
  • Built on greed
Now see the plus side:
  • Paralel advancement paths (You don't have to get both PVP and PVE rewards, you choose which path of advancement you like more)
  • Profitable crafting system, with actually learned recipes
  • Material gathering
  • The look and feel makes you remember old Wracraft titles, so the mood is OK (not perfect, but ok. Some quests, NPC speech, etc makes the difference)
  • Enough content added (in fact: more than enough content added. People can continue their career without trying different paths of advancement)
  • Meaningful differences between server types (not "enough" but better than most)
  • Good marketing means: Enough players :)
  • When they update loot they update crafting too
  • Regular events (periodic or patch related)
  • Lots of "fun" items (Pets without abilities, fashion items, booze, flowers, trophy fish, etc)
It all depends on what you can do with its disadvantages and how can you enjoy its advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom