GOA - you forgot...

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
The text: Classic, now comes with free French lessons...

80% of the pople on glast are French. You cant understand a word of what people talk about! XD

Obviously the french voted no to a classic server since they dont have one and now this...

Yes, this is a whine!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
On Avalon, GOA warn people for not speaking german in public channels.

Hence, Screenshot and Rightnow anyone speaking french in public channels.

E

Eruptix

should perma ban ppl not speaking english in public channels imo

(yes my native language is not english,no i never speak my native language in a public channel out of respect to the people that cant understand it)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Eruptix said:
should perma ban ppl not speaking english in public channels imo

If that would be the case then there wouldn't be a Camlann or Classic server as there would only be a pop of 100 people max then.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
If that would be the case then there wouldn't be a Camlann or Classic server as there would only be a pop of 100 people max then.

is that the people with english as their mother toughe :p

seriusly people should speak english imo, i am from norway and it woundt fall me in to speak norwegian in any publick channels exept for miss tells :)
Remember that on Prydwen/exal camlan and the new classic server there are many different nationalities playing and the only way we can comunicate is speaking english or emote spam each other (most used between different realms :p ). Personly i speak english even if we are 7 norwegians and 1 english/german/frensh or whatever in grp because it sucks being in a chat channel and dont understand a word

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i totally agree , i have nothing against them talking in main or broad or a CG in thier native tongue, however...

Glast is an ENGLISH LANGUAGE server , the people who log onto here that arent french expect to have to talk ENGLISH as its an ENGLISH LANGUAGE server. However as stated b4, about 80% of the starter guild chat is in FRENCH, this makes it very hard for people to understand whats going on. Also for those of us who didnt take French in school, how do i know theyre not insulting my mother or saying i suck donkey balls . Exactly, i dont know do i. Now id say 50% of these 80% French, can speak English to some degree even if badly. I have even asked politely and civilised in the guild chat for them to kindly try to keep it to english explaining why.. and i got insulted. And yes i was civil and polite im not just saying that. The French guys arguing with spoke perfect ENGLISH too ...

Getting my point... I know u cant control over them GoA but could u plz point out an exclaimer highlighting the fact its supposed to be an ENGLISH LANGUAGE server. Im not racist, this isnt racist, its not a wajin for the sake of it, its common courtousy imo..

ENGLISH LANGUAGE SERVOORRR :twak:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I know alot of people will say it's an English server but just look at Camlann that's suppose to be an English server though you hardly ever see English in public chat.
Personally I don't mind much as I can understand both French, English and German just fine and I'll just adept to the language the group is speaking as most of the public chat is useless anyway (spam anyone?).

And from personal experience on Camlann I know both the French and English players generally do not adept to the groups language (means the language most people in the group speak) either they are incapable to speak multiple languages or they just don't want to speak a different language I don't know.
What I do know is that if the Classic server would have been a different language than English that there would be a vast amount of people speaking English in public chat aswell.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
You have no idea how much truble you will have with this....*looks on avg day on camlann and see 50%+ in /br not being english*

Brite

Banned
is annoying to play camlann, atleast this is french and not loads of diff languedges, well im used to putting up with swedish being in swede alliance on pryd, dont mind saying simple thing like thanks or stuff in french though

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Stop freaking complaining if you can't find enought time to SS it and send to RN.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Who cares >.<

I speak Swedish in public channels and over ventrilos in the states. they find it funny and try to learn ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
We've put in new newbie guilds for the French, German, Italian and Spanish players called:

For Albion:
French: Villageois de Cotswold
German: Klan Cotswold
Italian: Clan di Cotswold
Spanish: Aldeanos de Cotswold

For Midgard:
French: Aventuriers de Mularn
German: Beschützer von Mularn
Italian: Protettori di Mularn
Spanish: Aventureros de Mularn

For Hibernia:
French: Protégés de Brigit
German: Tir na nOgh-Abenteurer
Italian: Avventurieri di Tir na Nog
Spanish: Protegidos de Brigit

Everyone will still join the "English" newbie guilds when they first start, but you can point them in the direction of the other guilds if you want. Every member of these guilds can invite so it shouldn't be a problem for them to get invited in.

We'll make more announcements about it in the news tomorrow etc so that as many people as possible make the most of it.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Nice Quick Response there :)

Maybe a pop up message in game like the ones when server is shutting down for maintence could help for next time people log on.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Who cares >.<

I speak Swedish in public channels and over ventrilos in the states. they find it funny and try to learn ;)
yes but Swedish if a cool lang

French is just gay :(

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
knighthood said:

Maybe a pop up message in game like the ones when server is shutting down for maintence could help for next time people log on.

That's not a half bad idea at all.... :)

Tilda

[GOA]Erivoss said:
That's not a half bad idea at all.... :)
Or do an in game "poll" for everybody just telling them, but the only poll option is "ok" :D

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Downanael said:
Stop freaking complaining if you can't find enought time to SS it and send to RN.

He clearly wanted to make a point in FH, if you have a problem with it then don't read past the first post and ignore imo :mad:

Yes, having a bad day :eek7:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Your Hasselhof Avatar still disturbs me every time I see it Dreami.....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:

the pop up would have to be in 5 languages, might be too long..

:m00:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
the pop up would have to be in 5 languages, might be too long..

:m00:

90% of the french people understand English, if they don't then playing on a server where all NPC chat etc is in English is going to be difficult for them anyway. They just choose not to speak English when talking with other Frenchies.

On Mid yesterday we claimed the /o channel in the starter guild for English so those that wanted could turn off /gu and just get English text without yelling at the French to stop talking and that worked for a short time (i.e. until the people using it left the stater guild and new people logged on and started hurling insults in /gu).

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
RP Filter every french word existing in a dictuary! for teh world d00mination ;D

nah tbh it is pretty piss taking, having to read french all the time.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
RP Filter every french word existing in a dictuary! for teh world d00mination ;D

Good idea. So everyone talking about a "chat" is talking about a "cat" as the french word for cat ist chat... and that's just one example. :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
I know alot of people will say it's an English server but just look at Camlann that's suppose to be an English server though you hardly ever see English in public chat.
But the words "F*ck off", "N00b", "W*nk*r" and "retarded bellend" are all English words aint they? They seem to be the most used...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom