[GOA] Why are not Hibs getting banned?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
lol did TT actually get banned ?oO
No but the mob is looking for things to burn so logic and reason have gone on holiday for a bit.

Nate

FH is my second home
chretien said:
No but the mob is looking for things to burn so logic and reason have gone on holiday for a bit.
our survey says EEEEHHHHH UUUUUUURRRRR!!!! a member of TT got banned ;) simply saying no to his question is leaving a few facts unanswered ;p

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
our survey says EEEEHHHHH UUUUUUURRRRR!!!! a member of TT got banned ;) simply saying no to his question is leaving a few facts unanswered ;p

I know it's just as humiliating because it just aswel says that GOA is not on your side of the argument but: an five day suspension is not the same as being banned. :fluffle:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lol you talk to me about morals you desert your own realm call yourself a overlord then have the balls to call me a lemon then you think in that tiny brain of yours all have to solo and be sad and lonely in game cause you are? lets face it if we all had to play your play style were would the fun be? lets face it you are 1 sad lonely person i bet irl you got no freinds too? and i bet you was the only child

the daoc fonze pip!

pip

Banned
censi said:
the daoc fonze pip!
Sorry for my insults towards you and i mean that, but you are so dam boring it upsets me:( all we get of you is the word lemon and newb:( just try be original now and then plz:)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
for those who still don't understand i'll try again.

releasing a keep is ok. another guild can claim it straith away and all is ok.

setting a keep to level 1 and NOT releasing it is 'grey zone'.

setting a keep containing a relic to level 1 and and refusing to release it to another guild, with the clear intent to make it easier for the enemy to take the keep is a no-go.

The clear taunting from TT over their intent made the case only worse for them.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
People understand the rules, Muylaetrix. It just sickens them to see people like you revel in mishandling them - there is a difference between the letter of the law and the intend behind them. You well know that relic movement at this point in the game is not healthy for the cluster, even more so when it is done with an alarm clock raid.

GOA jumping in to carry out the letter of the law only caused more damage and pissed of people who really do care about RVR. Stop being so condescending. Unless you are totally devoid of empathy, you must be able to imagine how ALL parties involved here see their point of view as being valid. This shit wouldn't have happened if people had the balls to NOT carry out ACRs. That is the real crime here - but I fear you fail to see that point to begin with.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

setting a keep containing a relic to level 1 and and refusing to release it to another guild, with the clear intent to make it easier for the enemy to take the keep is a no-go.

Sadly, I fear you only seek to escalate the matter Muy...

When actions aren't explained, we're being 'leet' and 'arrogant'.
When they are, we're apparently 'taunting'.

Make up your mind, you can't have it boths ways.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
People understand the rules, Muylaetrix. It just sickens them to see people like you revel in mishandling them - there is a difference between the letter of the law and the intend behind them. You well know that relic movement at this point in the game is not healthy for the cluster, even more so when it is done with an alarm clock raid.

GOA jumping in to carry out the letter of the law only caused more damage and pissed of people who really do care about RVR. Stop being so condescending. Unless you are totally devoid of empathy, you must be able to imagine how ALL parties involved here see their point of view as being valid. This shit wouldn't have happened if people had the balls to NOT carry out ACRs. That is the real crime here - but I fear you fail to see that point to begin with.

requiel said:
Spirit of the game is a very subjective term which is why it isn't down to any one person's point of view. The English team discussed the incident and we all came to the same conclusion. This is not about any one GMs personal feelings or ideals, it came from a discussion about whether this sort of behaviour should be considered acceptable or not. Downgrading the keep isn't against the spirit of the game neither is refusing to defend it. What was the sticking point for us was the combination of intent and action. The intention was clearly to sabotage their realm and the efforts of those who had taken the relic.
I'm not going to get drawn into a debate as to whether or not 'AC raids' are a good thing or not - on a personal level I don't think they are, however from a professional level they are an entirely legitimate part of the game. Players have several means ingame and elsewhere to make their feelings known and make their stand on either side of that argument. You have the right to attend or not to attend a raid or a defence to attack an enemy or to leave him be. These are things that are personal choices and have little effect outside of a very small sphere of influence. No guild or alliance however has the right to undermine the efforts of their realm though. If you don't agree with the way the relic was taken then that is fine and you are fully entitled to your opinion, if your guild happens to be paying the bounty points for the keep with the relic in it then by all means hand the keep off to a guild that doesn't share your views on defending the relic, you do not have the right however to unilaterally sabotage its defence. The relic does not belong to you or your guild, it belongs to your realm. Acting against the interests of your realm in a material manner is very clearly against the spirit of the game, a line has been crossed hence action has to be taken.

Regarding the application of the spirit of the game clause in other situations. I've seen people compare this to the 'adding' issue. The same rules apply. You are not obliged to attack an enemy or defend a friend. You are not however allowed to actively assist an enemy against your own realm. By design the game gives you very few ways in which it's possible to do this, marking friendly stealthers for an enemy is pretty much as far as it goes under normal circumstances. The issue of releasing keeps for iRvR is a grey area which we look into on a case by case basis (and yes, people have got into trouble for that in the past when it was clear that they were crossrealming), however that does not have the same impact that offering a relic on a plate to the enemy does.

Ultimately the game is about 3 realms fighting. If people keep that in mind, they are unlikely to find themselves in trouble.

understand now ?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

understand now ?
Gosh, your mother must've cried when you first spoke. I can imagine that you sounded daft then aswell.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:
70% of the FH community?
Doesn't this poll clearly show that 70% of the community agrees with TT's actions and believes them to be in the spirit of the game?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
For anything to be in the spirit of the game, there has to be a game first.
If Goa thinks this is a grey area, you err on the side of the game, not the spirit.
There have been other games that had off peek raiding allowed, but when that started killing off the game they took measures to prevent off peek raiding.
It's time Mythic and Goa started to realize the same thing and implent some sort of measures to disallow such a feature.
Please send in feedback like this, with reasons why AC raiding was fine over a year ago but isn't anymore on such low pop servers, to Mythic here

I already did, all of you who feel the same please do it as well.

Danita

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dr_Evil said:
Doesn't this poll clearly show that 70% of the community agrees with TT's actions and believes them to be in the spirit of the game?

Think most of the people who voted don't even play on this server anymore, most of them moved away some time ago. So you can stick up your poll and put it you know where ^^.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Reno said:
For anything to be in the spirit of the game, there has to be a game first.
If Goa thinks this is a grey area, you err on the side of the game, not the spirit.
There have been other games that had off peek raiding allowed, but when that started killing off the game they took measures to prevent off peek raiding.
It's time Mythic and Goa started to realize the same thing and implent some sort of measures to disallow such a feature.
Please send in feedback like this, with reasons why AC raiding was fine over a year ago but isn't anymore on such low pop servers, to Mythic here

I already did, all of you who feel the same please do it as well.

Danita

Danita can you give examples where measures were taken to stop this?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
didn't they do it on SWG? only played for a short time but i am fairly sure you could only attack bases at particular times of the day (prime time)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

you stupid, idiotic, short sighted fool.

YOU should be banned for 5 days, end of..end of

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

understand now ?

Maybe you should know by now Requiel is GoA's fucking puppet and doesn't give a shit like the rest of the Ac'ing community so no, i don't understand.

If Requiel had half a brain cell he would be dangerous :(

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharkith said:
Danita can you give examples where measures were taken to stop this?
I read yesterday or the day before about how they stopped offpeek raiding on Shadowbane, I think some1 posted about it on here. Though I have no clue how important those thing they were raiding are.

Danita

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Think most of the people who voted don't even play on this server anymore, most of them moved away some time ago. So you can stick up your poll and put it you know where ^^.
Rigth... When a poll doesnt suit your opinion, ofc its something wrong with the poll, or people have made many FH accounts and just spammed... :touch:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Rolv said:
Rigth... When a poll doesnt suit your opinion, ofc its something wrong with the poll, or people have made many FH accounts and just spammed... :touch:

No, not when a poll, 100% of those not-representative polls on FH and yes, I was happy with most results.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom