GOA (whine again)

S

Sabu

They read these forums (Kemor poped into a Housing post), they should read the Right Now mails, they got a nice web for giving us info ....

Why the HELL they dont tell us what is happening with routers and when its been going to be fixed !

Is it so hard to give us some info in Goa`s web like
" Some players are getting connection problems we trying to solve it etc etc etc"?
, at least we would save some money calling our net provideers.

Maybe cause seems its only 10% of players who cant play they don´t care.
It´s not shame that some router fails, the shame is that Goa seems to don´t care about it and about their customers.

/Slap /cry /rude /dismiss /cry (again) ...

D

Driwen

uhm lol do you get what routers actually mean in relation to internet connections?

You go through routers to goas server, goa does NOT control them or own them or even manage them in the slightest way. Goa might be held responsible if a router near them crashed as thats than most likely their isp fault and if that happens often they should demand the isp fixes it. However it isnt close to goa as alot more people would have problems then, so its either some router halfway or close to your isp. So maybe contact your isp and ask them whats going on?

S

Sabu

Well i used a wrong word saying routers, but its clear thats not my provideer problem. Some people form different countries are getting multiples LDs and lag with Daoc. The rest of programs, games work ok.

So GoA´s problem.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Sabu
Well i used a wrong word saying routers, but its clear thats not my provideer problem. Some people form different countries are getting multiples LDs and lag with Daoc. The rest of programs, games work ok.

So GoA´s problem.

im running fine and so are alot of others, so it isnt goa's fault. It is some router in the middle that is causing problem. Most likely not even close to goa (possibly one backbone owned by some company which all of your isp use), so that you have a bad connection isnt their fault. It isnt goas problem either if you have a bad pc, they might help you with it, but dont expect them to put it on their site if 2% of their customers have problems that goa isnt causing.

and it is routers, there are probably some routers malfunctioning between you and goa. Which causes lds and lag, but goa cant fix that as they dont own the routers and their isp doesnt either as otherwise everyone would have problems and they dont.

N

-Nxs-

So GoA´s problem.

ok so based on your thinking, GOA servers are up - their connection to the net is fine, so its YOUR problem.

S

Sabu

Originally posted by driwen
they might help you with it, but dont expect them to put it on their site if 2% of their customers have problems that goa isnt causing.
How they will help us? they don´t answer via right now, forums or main web. Btw we are not 2%.

http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=90072

My whine if u scroll up is not really about the problem, its more about how Goa informe us. They can just say in his web
"Few players are getting poblems....
it´s not in our hands, just external problem " or something like that.

We deserve some kind of help, an as i said another online games and another programs work well, its only Daoc.
Is it so hard to give us hand?

N

-Nxs-

It would be very good customer support if GOA provided some information, even tho it is clear its nothing do do with their location, but this information is reliant on people telling GOA there is a problem connecting - the issue here is they do not provide 24hour support (i think) so its a no win situation :(

D

Driwen

you demanded them to help you and that they should fix it immediatly. No they shouldnt do that.

And if you cant connect to their servers their website will be a problem aswell and you want goa to post every time there is some router down and 2% of their customers cant connect to their servers? Because there are always some routers down in a week or someone having problems connecting to the internet. Most people figure out on their own that the internet connection is down as they post on BW/irc and see that its just a few of them or just do a traceroute on their own. So for a real small group goa would need to make a post every time a router goes down, which they cant notice so people first need to report it to them.
So after that they are aware of it, it has to be in normal office hours as goa only works then. So then they have to post that the internet connection is down for a few people, which those people already knew and they cant help it as something went wrong between those people and goa. So you want a post saying sorry router half way down instead of that 10 rightnow emails are solved? As it will cost some time for goa to make sure it is something worth posting on, just so a few people also know that goa cant help it (as most people will have got the clue within 10 mins)?

And yes people experiencing ld's are 2% or less, some dutchies had some problems (and dont have any now I think) some other countries possibly aswell. However there are 11 servers and around some people on the english servers are having problems with connecting. So 2 out of 11 is already 20% and pretty sure its not 10% of the english servers having a problem.

S

Sabu

you demanded them to help you and that they should fix it immediatly. No they shouldnt do that.

Not true, i demanded more info and some help via right now, that`s all.

So you want a post saying sorry router half way down instead of that 10 rightnow emails are solved?

No need to say sorry, just INFO, you know what it means?. Btw they dont give info and they don´t solve that rightnow emails.

And yes people experiencing ld's are 2% or less, some dutchies had some problems (and dont have any now I think) [/B]

Half of my group today was lagging and going perma LD at fins, maybe its a 2% of the people but they must be all around me.

Btw you looking for job at GOa? you seems to have all the requirements ....

B

bob007

Tracert to support your claim its a GoA fault ?

open command/dos prompt, Type Tracert <server ip?

Till then you have no evidence its a GoA wannado problem. Its more then likely a sprintlink problem, And they are in no way connected to GoA, You'd have more luck asking your isp about that tbh.

S

Sabu

I traced it today like other people did this week.
I got 60-70 ping in Spain, 200-250 France-telecom which is ok, but when it reach goa server (Excalibur) ping goes to 1000-1200.

T

tripitaka

They read these forums (Kemor poped into a Housing post), they should read the Right Now mails, they got a nice web for giving us info ....

Why the HELL they dont tell us what is happening with routers and when its been going to be fixed !

" Some players are getting connection problems we trying to solve it etc etc etc"?
, at least we would save some money calling our net provideers.

Maybe cause seems its only 10% of players who cant play they don´t care.
It´s not shame that some router fails, the shame is that Goa seems to don´t care about it and about their customers.

/Slap /cry /rude /dismiss /cry (again) ...

Have u not learned yet that Goa will tell us things when THEY want to tell us things ? No need for this whine. Use your common sense.

O

old.Jable

give decent customer support.

stop fucking us.

D

Driwen

Not true, i demanded more info and some help via right now, that`s all.

^^ sounded to me like you wanted goa to get it fixed and expected them to do it.

No need to say sorry, just INFO, you know what it means?. Btw they dont give info and they don´t solve that rightnow emails.
sorry but there is a backbone not operating completly well, is info it was saying that there was a backbone not working correctly. However before they can say this they first need to check it from several places, which will take them time and yes they do work on rightnow emails. They might not do this fast and you do have to send them to the right section, but most of them do get solved within a reasonable time. Going after this sort of problems will make fixing bugs/translating/the little customer support that there is even less.
Also these problems usually last only 2 hours, if they last more you should probably complain to your isp about it and mention it to goa who will most likely do the same.

Half of my group today was lagging and going perma LD at fins, maybe its a 2% of the people but they must be all around me.

Btw you looking for job at GOa? you seems to have all the requirements ....

I noticed no lag today and didnt saw anyone else having a problem, maybe everyone at fins was from the same area or connecting to excal through the same backbone?

Btw the problems on traceroutes in the thread you posted seemed to be on routers of opentransit.net not goa themself. Rightnow also responded on one persons mail telling them about it and asked the person to send a log of traceroutes to them, so they could probably look further into it. So goa is actually working on it, but they dont have any actual news except what you know so they dont tell us anything which is their policy.

And no I dont want a job at goa, first off Im a student and not one near goa and my study has not much to do with the running of a game. But I do dislike ignorant posts and try to clear them up.

Jable this has very little to do with Customer support there is almost nothing to tell people about this and what they can tell you, has already been said in the thread Sabu pasted here.

S

Sabu

They might not do this fast and you do have to send them to the right section, but most of them do get solved within a reasonable time.

Nice joke about the RIGHT NOW.

Are you Kemor´s son or something? or just bored?

Anyway would like to see you in a real trouble with Daoc, and see if you still spreading all that love to Goa.

D

Demolay

1 copper for spotting the GOA stooge on this thread o_O

How any1 can even dream of the support in this game being anything other than dire at best and nonexistant generally I don't know *sigh*

D

Driwen

Nice joke about the RIGHT NOW.

Are you Kemor´s son or something? or just bored?

Anyway would like to see you in a real trouble with Daoc, and see if you still spreading all that love to Goa.

like being stuck (solved within a day), wanting to get quest reset as I lost a needed piece (solved within a day)?

I know that some problems dont get solved and they should, but I also know that mine did and of others aswell.

anyway if goa is that bad than you should probably just buy the US version of the game and play on the US version? Stop wasting your own time on these server as well as mine on this board.

W

Whoodoo_RD

OK, firstly to save you calling your ISP, do 2 simple things. Firstly traceroute, where does it stop, if its at GOA, dont bother calling them.

Second, try another game, does it do the same, if so then its a problem with your ISP.

If there is a problem with your ISP, they will put it on a web site to tell you......problem here is you cant get to it because theres a problem with your ISP. So what do you do? Go to a m8s house, load up BW and cry about your ISP? Nah, that would be silly.

But you would come here and whinge like a big girls blouse if GOA had problems affecting 2% of the populus for 2 hours. Damn m8, get a frikken life!

What ya gonna be like next patch day? If it takes a couple of hours longer to patch, what are you gonna do, have a major heart attack, die of DAoC withdrawl, phone the samaritans and say you feel depressed and cant go on without your precious game?

ISP's have problems, they get fixed. GOA have problems, they get fixed. You are young, you have your whole life ahead of you, take advantage of this time off and go have a beer, watch some pr0n, read a book, try talking to real ppl, make some freinds etc.

Sorry, but this is just another in a long line of connection whinges, why do ppl never learn.

Oh, and GOA didnt have to say anything at all, they could have just said "feck em" and left you to it, sitting on hold to your ISP waiting to be told "tough titty".

:flame:

BTW, due to the amount of crap RightNow posts GOA receive from whinges like this, the rest of the population with genuine problems have to wait even longer while they weed out the crap in favour of the more important threads. So if you have to wait 2 or 3 days for a reply to being stuck, lost an item or whatever, you know to blame ppl who winge about things like this.

N

NetNifty

Yesterday DAoC-Europe died, web page down, patch server down, everyone went ld. No news on camelot-europe.com to tell us what happened after it did. People having problems connecting and staying connected and no information given to us on their web site.

Problems with routers have happened to Mythic and they have always (afaik) told their user base about it on the camelot herald.

Of course GOA don't have to tell us these little things - they aren't bound by law to tell us ANYTHING but we pay the same as the Americans so why should we be given a worse service than they recieve? They get more news, in game support, less bugs and have an impact on getting bugs fixed and major changes made to the game where we do not - I submitted a log of a bug to the Necro TL and was told he couldn't use it as I was using version 1.62 and the American servers were on 1.65 at the time.

S

Sabu

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
But you would come here and whinge like a big girls blouse if GOA had problems affecting 2% of the populus for 2 hours. Damn m8, get a frikken life!

?

What ya gonna be like next patch day? If it takes a couple of hours longer to patch, what are you gonna do, have a major heart attack, die of DAoC withdrawl, phone the samaritans and say you feel depressed and cant go on without your precious game?
??

You are young, you have your whole life ahead of you, take advantage of this time off and go have a beer, watch some pr0n, read a book, try talking to real ppl, make some freinds etc.
I´m not young, i prolly read more books than you, talk too much to real people and got lot of nice friends.

BTW, due to the amount of crap RightNow posts GOA receive from whinges like this, the rest of the population with genuine problems have to wait even longer while they weed out the crap in favour of the more important threads. So if you have to wait 2 or 3 days for a reply to being stuck, lost an item or whatever, you know to blame ppl who winge about things like this.

Ummm, in 2 years i only asked for help to right now 3 or 4 times.
You saying that cause i´m posting here people will have to wait more to the Right Now answers... Lol.

I only sent 1 email to Right Now service w/o answer ofc, so im not delaying anything.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by NetNifty
Of course GOA don't have to tell us these little things - they aren't bound by law to tell us ANYTHING but we pay the same as the Americans so why should we be given a worse service than they recieve? They get more news, in game support, less bugs and have an impact on getting bugs fixed and major changes made to the game where we do not - I submitted a log of a bug to the Necro TL and was told he couldn't use it as I was using version 1.62 and the American servers were on 1.65 at the time.

Less bugs? more surely... ;) they get all the new bugs first.

More news? do you really want them saying "oh we translated these words today" every time? there's not much news to post for the european servers, we don't get sweeping changes to the game, they all come from mythic. There really is no need for news more than once a week about plans/progress and again when there's anything out of the ordinary happening (e.g. announcements of a beta)

Incidentally for the downtime whiners, you might want to take a look at the amount of patching going on with the new ToA - three days worth of patches, right slap bang in the middle of EU primetime - that'd be fun to play in :)

It's all necessary of course, just saying that the grass isn't that much greener over there you know.

The Necro TL should be able to use your logs he just needs to bear in mind it's from 1.62 - depending on what it's a log for obviously, if it's about melee damage taken before they changed how stats transferred it's not much use. If it's something different it may well be.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by NetNifty
Yesterday DAoC-Europe died, web page down, patch server down, everyone went ld. No news on camelot-europe.com to tell us what happened after it did. People having problems connecting and staying connected and no information given to us on their web site.

Problems with routers have happened to Mythic and they have always (afaik) told their user base about it on the camelot herald.

Well said. GOA suck beyond the telling and if I'd known when I started playing DAOC what I know now, I'd have played the US servers without a second's hesitation.
I keep hoping that Mythic will one day wake up to just how third-rate and inadequate GOA are, strip them of the DAOC licence, and give it to someone better able to provide some basic customer care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom