[QUESTION] GOA Where's Warhammers Advertisment on C4 ??

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
As the title asks where is GOA's advertisment on C4 no wonder wow is getting all the christmas stragglers

youTube Top Videos for Week 29th - Ozzy Osbourne World of Warcraft ...

YouTube - Ozzy World of Warcraft

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
haha
I never watch TV, so I've havent seen that

But that really is a funny ad :)

That's the thing with Ozzy, he can get away with doing that without looking like a money-grabbing cnut
But Lyndon just looks like a buttery cnut

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Well Blizzard have a very large and steady income from the subs they have already so the cost of advertising is nothing to them. Having said that it would be cool to see an advert for a game I play at least once!

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Well Blizzard have a very large and steady income from the subs they have already so the cost of advertising is nothing to them. Having said that it would be cool to see an advert for a game I play at least once!

Aye, im sure EA will never have enough cash to make TV adverts....wait a sec...they have the most expensive TV adverts of any gaming company...;)

Guyton

Fledgling Freddie
its not just TV warcraft is spammed all through the computer mags and PCFormat seems to be sponsored by Blizzard as every other advert is WoW ( a slight exaggeration) even lots of guides to zones but Warhammer I just don't see anywhere I have seen the odd advert but its awfully quiet. No big stories or guides in the mags, no ads - but saying that lotro doesn't get any press but its managed to get PC game of the year and seems to be doing well enough, perhaps its a case of why settle for a hamburger when you can have steak ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aye, im sure EA will never have enough cash to make TV adverts....wait a sec...they have the most expensive TV adverts of any gaming company...;)

yeah, Blizzard cant afford even half of what EA pays. ppl seem to foegt to think that whatever they get from subs, much of it gets eaten up by running servers for 11.5 million ppl.

procentage wise they probably aint making more then Mythic does from Warhammer. they make more hard cash yes, but they also have a shitload of more employees to pay, more servers to run, etc etc.

and while most of those adverts are fun, anyone else noticed that they arent using any of the really really big names? why? because Blizzard can't afford it.

so they settle for a bunch of has beens insted :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They did not learn the lesson from DAOC and are proving it now. Hardly any advertising at all.

Aada

Part of the furniture
They advertise at the Cinema for WAR alot i have been to around 5 films this month and they had WAR advert :0

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I see lots of adverts for WAR on gaming or MMO relates things like Xfire and Warcry and others

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
WoW's got the whole "11 million players, it's not just a geek thing" going for it - so they can target more mainstream folks.

That and it'll run on an old kettle.

WAR's more niche unfortunately (just by the PC requirements if nothing else) so firing it scattershot into the crowd isn't nearly so effective.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well that's down to lazy developers, there is very little between WoW and WAR now for graphics, some of the scenery in WoW is jaw dropping and the npc/player models have taken a polishing too. It still runs on a low spec PC, obviously to play it with all the pretties you need something more meaty but it still looks decent even on my wifes old laptop.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Well that's down to lazy developers, there is very little between WoW and WAR now for graphics, some of the scenery in WoW is jaw dropping and the npc/player models have taken a polishing too. It still runs on a low spec PC, obviously to play it with all the pretties you need something more meaty but it still looks decent even on my wifes old laptop.

Didn't think about this tbh and it's a massive problem.

Bingo, this is one huge reason why EA might not want too promote WAR, it's a resource hog and many PC's simply cannot handle it.

Mainstream potential gamers can't play it as the average PC won't run it sufficiently.

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
My point was ...WHY hasnt GOA, EA Mythic call em what you want advertised the same as WoW on C4 TV its not that they cant have a budget for this sort of thing. Its fine saying ive seen adverts in cinema's mags etc but thats only hitting a minority of folks.

Ive seen teh WoW advert with Ozzie every time ive turned on the TV over the xmas and new year period on C4 TV Ive seen sod all advertising from EA or its counterparts GOA exactly the same as we had in daoc and we all know how that ended up.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
My point was ...WHY hasnt GOA, EA Mythic call em what you want advertised the same as WoW on C4 TV its not that they cant have a budget for this sort of thing.

Big corporations tend to work on the principle of an "internal market"
EA as an entity can obviously afford WaR adverts on TV, but can the EaMythic section?

Bugger the TV ads
Go straight for the TV shows
Not it did AoC that much good :)

YouTube - Age of Conan - [The Big Bang Theory] - Sheldor the Conqueror 2/2

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Selective marketing produces many more potential sales than blanket marketing (or spamm)

Those C4 TV adds probably bring in very few sales per £ spent compaired to a banner campain on a well used forum costing many times less

basic economics

If anything, the WoW TV adds smell like desperation, and like someone pointed out, using 2nd rate "B" personalitys hurts the brands image more than it promotes it

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Selective marketing produces many more potential sales than blanket marketing (or spamm)

Those C4 TV adds probably bring in very few sales per £ spent compaired to a banner campain on a well used forum costing many times less

basic economics

If anything, the WoW TV adds smell like desperation, and like someone pointed out, using 2nd rate "B" personalitys hurts the brands image more than it promotes it

It is actually about brand awareness, whether they directly bring in extra subs is debatable but it keeps WoW in the public eye and helps it stay mainstream rather than a niche game. Everyone who cares about WAR already know about it. Mythic/GOA need to make more people care about the game, high quality adverts that show what the game is about, not some mocked up A4 piece of shit that was knocked up one lunch time. As it stands its in decline already because they had a massive initial take up (more than they expected I imagine) and have done absolutely nothing to retain customers and even less to spread the word. Whether its to late we will have to wait and see but the way they are going I give it two years before its in the state DAOC was at WAR launch.

Its a good game (WAR) but hamstrung by hopeless distributors and useless devs

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
If they show some actual game footage i think that will help them against WoW. The footage on the advert doesn't look that great imo.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
To be completely honest I would rather not see a WAR advert on TV, it would remind me of the £60 I wasted on the CE box. GOA could always make a comedy commercial though, one that shows them as a shining beacon of success in the customer services market :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom