Goa, where did the promise about herald go?

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
[6-12-2005] Opening of Glastonbury and Salisbury on Wednesday, December, the 7th

The new "classic" servers will open their doors tomorrow. Those who wish to discover this alternative game mode will thus have the pleasure to venture into these untouched lands by the end of the morning.

These two servers won't appear immediately on the Roll of Honours - that will work normally again as soon as the two last housing zones are added to the register. They will however rapidly be added to the XML used by the fan sites, then to the website itself.

Furthermore, we remind you that the server Glastonbury is in English and Salisbury is in German.

ok, rapidly, that sounds great, but now its like 40+ days since you said it would be added rapidly after server opening. And no official word about xml since then.

thats not quite my definition of that word, and not any other english dictionary for that sake.

Adverb: rapidly rapudlee

1. With rapid movements
- quickly, speedily, chop-chop, apace

Noun: rapid rapid

1. A part of a river where the current is very fast

Adjective: rapid (rapider,rapidest) rapid

1. Done or occurring in a brief period of time
"a rapid rise through the ranks"

2. Characterized by speed; moving with or capable of moving with high speed
"a rapid movement"
- speedy

York

Fledgling Freddie
didnt you post this in another thread?

im sure they are concentrating on the patch and expansion, both of which i care more about than xml tbh

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
York said:
didnt you post this in another thread?

im sure they are concentrating on the patch and expansion, both of which i care more about than xml tbh

never got an answer.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
MadsKaizer said:
never got an answer.

OMG yes ofc. GMs must forever read through all the bullshit posts on FH to answer your questions. This isnt goa customer support forum fgs, stop whining. I think its starting to piss a few people off.

I'm annoyed that the XML isnt up yet too, but fgs whining here isnt goign to make it go any faster is it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
OMG yes ofc. GMs must forever read through all the bullshit posts on FH to answer your questions. This isnt goa customer support forum fgs, stop whining. I think its starting to piss a few people off.

I'm annoyed that the XML isnt up yet too, but fgs whining here isnt goign to make it go any faster is it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All im asking for is an official word.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
excommunicate

at least it sounds official to me

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
The broken link to Roll of Honour has already been reported on the e&e internal forums...

A

Aoln

I love how they throw crap like the lotto at us so we forget about the important things that have been fucked for ages :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
The broken link to Roll of Honour has already been reported on the e&e internal forums...

its not a broken link, but a promise about herald for classic servers that I want some statement about, 40+ days and not a word from goa.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Its broken in IE only, use Firefox or Opera it works fine.

This time Id rather blame Bill Gates, hes an ass.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:

Then you might want to concider using the official means of communication with GOA which isn't FH?

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe they dont like you so wont reply in FH? But if you send them a nice little email, they have to reply! Though saying that, I guess they dont have to give a straight answer.

Requiel answered one of my threads the other day! I felt all warm and fuzzy inside to get an official response :fluffle:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
MadsKaizer said:
Then try another place and not the forum which isen't GoA's official forum? They got rid of theirs ages ago, so go to rightnow and stop crying.

On a side note: I think it's bad that they havn't fixed XML's for classic yet, but don't come here crying and use the excuse that you want an 'official' word on it, because this isen't the place to come for that.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:
ok, rapidly, that sounds great, but now its like 40+ days since you said it would be added rapidly after server opening. And no official word about xml since then.

thats not quite my definition of that word, and not any other english dictionary for that sake.

Adverb: rapidly rapudlee

1. With rapid movements
- quickly, speedily, chop-chop, apace

Noun: rapid rapid

1. A part of a river where the current is very fast

Adjective: rapid (rapider,rapidest) rapid

1. Done or occurring in a brief period of time
"a rapid rise through the ranks"

2. Characterized by speed; moving with or capable of moving with high speed
"a rapid movement"
- speedy
Rapid however is relative to the situation. When you are making a sandwich in 10 seconds that's rapid. If you clean your car in 5 minutes that's rapid. If you build a bridge in 2 years that's rapid. But if you take 2 years to make a sandwich you're slow. See my point? It might not be so easy to add the TOAless servers to the XML system, as such, rapid might be 3 months or so.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I'm afraid you wouldn't be slow but probably dead by starvation...
Depends on whether or not you do nothing else but make that sandwich.. ;)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:
Depends on whether or not you do nothing else but make that sandwich.. ;)

I normally eat a packet of crisps while making a sandwich, so i'd be fine.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Its broken in IE only, use Firefox or Opera it works fine.

This time Id rather blame Bill Gates, hes an ass.

thats not what im talking about

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Then try another place and not the forum which isen't GoA's official forum? They got rid of theirs ages ago, so go to rightnow and stop crying.

On a side note: I think it's bad that they havn't fixed XML's for classic yet, but don't come here crying and use the excuse that you want an 'official' word on it, because this isen't the place to come for that.

my rightnow is broken, asked for it to be fixed twice on account@goa.com or whatever the email was for account problems, since none of my passwords new and old ones doesnt work, and the email im registred with is from an old isp.

so my options are kinda narrowed down.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:
It might not be so easy to add the TOAless servers to the XML system, as such, rapid might be 3 months or so.

took mythic a whole 2 minutes or so

Bahumat

FH is my second home
MadsKaizer said:
my rightnow is broken, asked for it to be fixed twice on account@goa.com or whatever the email was for account problems, since none of my passwords new and old ones doesnt work, and the email im registred with is from an old isp.

so my options are kinda narrowed down.

i had that problem, find a GM and send him a pm, look for one from their posts :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
MadsKaizer said:
When ze servers came goa said i could not see how big my epeen was at first but they would make an epeen checker to compare my epeen with other epeen, i checky ze dictionary and they still have not done it.

Page 31 of the Care Dictionary
The Epeen!
The term Epeen, Comes from the greek meaning of "olololol look at me"
Epeen-o-matic:When someone thinks they are amazing
Have you theen my epeen!?>!/11: When someone wants to compare epeen sizes!
I vill beat you with my epeen! : when someone wants an epeen war.

Oh noes :<

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Mythic code != Goa code

More precise...

Mythic WRITE GoA's code.

however

Mythic code does NOT = GoA's code....

The coding for the european version is different to that of the US version hence the waits and the inability to just copy Mythics XML etc

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
hence why it takes, oh, about a million times longer to do anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom