GoA, What a mess.

C

Cyfr

The service at GOA is terrible. Ive come here because I have nowhere else to go.

My account got banned, they sent me an email saying I used a 3rd party program, which I have not used. I sent them an email asking what was going on, as the banning must be a mistake. I asked for the address's which had been on my account, just incase someone has managed to get on my account (via hacking maybe, im really not sure).

What can I do? GoA won't reply (rightnow) and the GM's say use rightnow...

My email to them ws sent well over 2 weeks ago

A

Addlcove

kemor@goa.com

subject: unrightful ban

explain what has happened and hope he will be willing to look into it. do NOT use swearwords or threats, be friendly and kind.

and if you DID use a 3rd party program, be it radar, crafting macro or whatever, may you burn in hell, cheater

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by Addlcove
kemor@goa.com

subject: unrightful ban

explain what has happened and hope he will be willing to look into it. do NOT use swearwords or threats, be friendly and kind.

and if you DID use a 3rd party program, be it radar, crafting macro or whatever, may you burn in hell, cheater

Heh, I agree, all cheaters should go. :)
I tried kemor about 2 and a half weeks ago, he said used rightnow. :( :(

N

ning

GOA ban even if you had only use a radar during 2 min to try for example.

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by ning
GOA ban even if you had only use a radar during 2 min to try for example.

I have never used a cheat program on my DAoC account.

S

svartmetall

This sounds like the RightNever I have come to know and loathe.

No reply, ever.

T

Tesla Monkor

You're an idiot if you 'try' a cheat. That's like pressing the detonate button on a nuke to see if it works. ;P

F

Flimgoblin

been trading accounts with someone dodgy maybe? :)

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
been trading accounts with someone dodgy maybe? :)

People have played my account, but not since the sub/game pass changes and it happened after then, or so they say :(

Edit: Heh I remeber someone saying to me, that they were cheating, and how typical of GOA to ban the inocent ones and let him/her continue.. Unfortunatly I don't know the name of the person, was in a chat room :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Hormorfal
People have played my account,

that is enough to get your account banned if GOA´s in a bad mood

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Addlcove
that is enough to get your account banned if GOA´s in a bad mood

Are they ever on a good mood?

Well..expect when they have fresh croissants...and wine..and cheese..and a fresh black basker on their poodle...or it's sunny...or raining...or perhpas half cloudy.

C

Cyfr

Yeah, I understand that leting someone play your account is wrong.

But the email said the ban was for using a 3rd party tool.

L

-Lonewolf-

You consider that one of your friends may have a third party tool when logged into your account

I mean it a mad and crazy idea but it could be true

T

The Real Redi

I've often wondered what flags as a third party piece of software to GoA/Mythic, as i don't doubt that there are some perfectly harmless, and probably not even associated to the game, progs and apps that will run in the background, without most people ever knowing they are there.

They can do all manner of crappy things, from advertising (see Gator :wall: ) to ol' fashioned spyware, maybe even some low budget firewalls, etc. but if any of them cause an interruption in the data flow, then it owuld be considered in breech of the CoC, even if you are entirely unaware of the presence of such a program running.

I know this is a lamanised explanation, but a good friend of mine once used a cricket score card on my machine which updated every 3 seconds or so, and after a few days (he was logging into his account - he was only using the machine cos i was away) he couldn't log in and found an email from GoA saying he had been caught using a third party piece of software, and his account had been suspended, pending investigation. This wasn't THAT long after SI release, and after a few words with GoA, they apologised and reactivated it in about an hour, after checking his story tallied up. I have no idea what the score card was doing, but apparently it was causing little spikes in the data flow, which had aroused suspicion or something (taking into consideration, i am telling this third hand from a pot smoking, workshy, layabout who used to inhabit my front room, so don't ask me details...)

Good service, but it makes having Spybot + Adaware running every week even more essential, even though un-intentional CoC breaking will ALWAYS be hard to prove.

R

razorboy

afaik those cheat programs work by typing ]somecodehere etc so that code appears in status screen and in your personal logfile, no doubt mythic/goa can read it too.

D

Demolay

Not when its running on separate Linux machine they can't (apparently)

K

kallora

My suggestion is to take a blowtorch to your DaoC CD's post them back to GOA, import a US copy and play on US servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom