GoA well done But..........

Brite

Banned
GOA Staff Respect!

the daoc staff probabaly a small bunch but they are very dedicated and have been getting too much abuse i feel which is very much undeserved. I know people are annoyed due to the state of the server, but this by no means there fault, and more likely mythics

GOA staff like xalin are working overtime and putting there lives on hold basically to work overtime to get the server back to normal and deserve A LOT of credit for that, we know they worked nights and maybe weekends while the servers where down and now they are working almost every waking hour AND weekends from what it seems, thats a lot of dedication working on restoring items almost your every waking hour for weeks and weeks which must get very tedious, and then to see people complaining like mad at them over things which are out of there hands must be very disheartening

Big Cheers goes out to dedicated GOA staff restoring all there items, keep it up and hope you get a big bonus and holiday for it because god knows you deserve it :p :clap:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yes, agreed.

Now spawn some items back on my Armsman please so I can go and have some late night fun on the bridge.

n0Gaym0

Fledgling Freddie
I like the game and the way it is run but tbh the think i feel makes people mad is that DAOC has been out for how long now ?? is it 4 years but their is allways a problem with some part of the game IE: server crashes / problems ingame ect and the latest 1 database problems and hundreds of people have lost their items witch makes their chars useless untill goa or who ever manages to get every thing back, " Even tho goa work twice as hard to sort these things out " it will still piss people off when these things happen ingame even tho the Develepors have so much EXP with the game its not like its still in B.E.T.A .. But haveing said that yes i do think goa are doing a nice job of things and they do take alot of crap

(PS : Sorry for any spelling mistakes its Veeeeery late ^^ )

Nasti 50 RR3L0 *NS* Pyrd/hib :touch:
Trocadero 50 rr4L0 SM mid/excal :)
BuffNiss 50 shaman 2Lx :m00:
Random RETAIRED chars = x3

Omegah

Fledgling Freddie
I agree :cheers: what do u get as a bonus on hib then more xp or something ??

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Never had a problem with GOA, always thought they handled things pretty well over the years and their events were usually good fun.

Never had a reason to gripe either, in fact the recent problems with Prydwen and the database purging is the first problem I've had with them.

Even though I am pissed off beyond comprehension over the loss of playtime on my characters due to the wait for restoration, I still believe in general they do ok.

The GMs are a decent lot too.

Brite

Banned
thats what i meant really spefic GMs like xalin, xenythe requiel ect, they are probabaly the only ones actually doing overtime, im no expert on how things go on in GOA but from what it seems these are the guys picking up the peices when its not there fault most likely mythics coding ect

just they put hard work in for weeks for the community only to have nothing but whine, they deserve a lot of thanks as they are not the people you should be whining at as they are doing all they can themselves

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
The biggest problem with GOA is the policy to treat their customers like clueless milk cows, and keep them in ethernal darkness. Witch force the good staff to leak information on unofficial channels.

The technical issues is shit happens. BUT the policy to "only inform if we have something to say" would be a suicide if they did not own our chars who the most of us is not ready to abandon.

Blame the bosses on GOA who don't give (or don't know) jack shit about customer care imo.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I tend to disagree with you Brite. Never have I seen or heard a game being run as bad as this have over the years with one problem replacing another. And I can't rly say it's Mythics fault since they're doing a better job with their servers than GOA.

If this wasn't such a kick ass uber super game I for sure wouldn't stay..

oh oh and I agree with what Bag said!

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Technical problems can and will happen all the time - everyone who works in the IT business knows how much goes wrong behind the scenes. The way in which the case was treated (ie not at all for a few days) was very unprofessional although I am unsure of what part GoA has played in this case because Mythic is responsible for the game code.
The item restoration and stuff is going on nicely so no complaint about this. I just wished that GoA would be a bit more transparent: tell people what's really going on and not just "we had a problem" which was kinda obvious. I am saying this because corrupted items were obviously not the only thing: yesterday I got message in game saying "The forces of Albion have captured the Albion Portal Keep" a couple of times. And my character (the one that got fully stripped) loses its /title stats everytime I zone - no biggie for me as I don't use the titles anyway but still a bug that makes you wonder if they really solved all the issues.
But again I am not sure how much GoA can do about this as I think it's rather Mythic's job to look at such severe bugs.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I tend to disagree with you Brite. Never have I seen or heard a game being run as bad as this have over the years with one problem replacing another

Guess you havent tried WoW yet then :) Their homepage is down more than its up (EU one at any rate), the authentification/login server dies almost every night for several hours, half the servers suffer unplayable lag during primetime, servers need to be rebooted several times a week (one schedualed, and almost always 1 or 2 emergency reboots during the weeks), customer support is slow and unprofessional. Etc etc.

In comparison, GOA looks very good in my oppinion.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
In all aspects of support some users of the service are unhappy and unfortunatly you cannot please everyone BUT as a company you have to do your best and not make your userbase confused/pissed off and angry.

The preception I have with GOA is that they are doing ok but thats all.
There is a lack of information to questions and as a result people whisper this and that and in the end it hurts the game and GOA.

These forums are a good thing but the information on the forums from the GM's should be on the main website for everyone, as was pointed out not everyone that plays DAOC comes on here so for them they have even less information.

Answers to questions on the forums from GM are sometimes vague and slow in coming.

All most of us want is to play and if we have issues for them to be resolved promptly.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
yep respect

though on other hand they are PAID to do there jobs, when a company screws up, its staff work the extra time needed to get fixes done. Its known as good buisness!

used to work making plaster coving, if order wasn't finished, or some twat delivery guy broke the product loading it to van, I hadd to STAY and get the order done/redone, I didn't just ring client say "ohh sorry we screwed up I know you paid but can you wait as our staff go home at 6pm"

If the GM's are truely doing this on there OWN time and not getting paid for it the MAJOR RESPECT (though this wouldn't reflect well on GoA)

just look forward to it all being over tbh, and server start to get back to normal (1p pluss for rog crap cloth vests on alb/pryd sucks, thought pryd ment be cheeper than excal, 25p for a bloody feathered wrap!!!! )

only part scares me is todays info of "got through majority of MONDAYSrequests) 8 days there still on monday eeeeeeeeeeeeek

ps: bright side my heretic dinged 50 during this time waiting for my vamp account to get fixed :)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
suelothvar said:
yep respect

only part scares me is todays info of "got through majority of MONDAYSrequests) 8 days there still on monday eeeeeeeeeeeeek

Also if the post https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2461661&postcount=20 is to be taken at face value it doesnt matter when you placed your report. You maybe lucky and get it sorted sooner, ie you placed it Wednesday and are one of the lucky ones cos as he/she put it....

"while they are still being done roughly in the order they were received things might fall one way or another depending on the number of reports from a particular realm"

So you may have been one of the first to report you char stripped but maybe the last to be restored. Some of us maybe in for a long long wait.

Tilda

suelothvar said:
yep respect

only part scares me is todays info of "got through majority of MONDAYS requests) 8 days there still on monday eeeeeeeeeeeeek
:)

Its worth noting though, that probably the vast majority of RN's about prydwen will have been sent on monday, i'd say, getting rid of mondays pile, is pretty much breaking the cammels back.

Martok

Part of the furniture
You guys and your surport teams are doing a great job sorting out this mess but you are tbh forgetting the big picture. sumone i knew got a toon restored that was in rogs and they asked him what items he would like to replace them after tokens gave nothing so they gave them all the items he wnated some of the rarest shit. id been working on my sc for months and some guy who was in rogs has now got it for putting in no effort tbh that is a joke.

why give them stuff like that instead of more rogs tokens?

people put effort in ppl get the rewards but if goa doing that then i wish all my toons had been in rogs and i got that level of service. it pisses on ppl who have spent alot of time and money (plats) on a toon getting items ect for someone who has put no were near that level of time into a toon and get all the rewards.

Does anyone else find this wrong?

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
...and they asked him what items he would like to replace them after tokens gave nothing so they gave them all the items he wnated some of the rarest shit.

If this is true that player should have those items removed imediatly. all players have to be treated the same way. Some players whine more and cry for more items, its well known in mmorpgs. please dont reward that Goa.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
i did the same for my char martok and i will be pissed if i get 10p or so back while some rog_warriors got 50-75p ><

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
I whant at least 5 of each artifacts and free /level50 command or i leave for us!!!

...ohhh wait, im allready gone. :touch:

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
I am Quite simply over the moon!

Just got my inventory restored. Thank you GOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :drink: :cheers:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Guess you havent tried WoW yet then :) Their homepage is down more than its up (EU one at any rate), the authentification/login server dies almost every night for several hours, half the servers suffer unplayable lag during primetime, servers need to be rebooted several times a week (one schedualed, and almost always 1 or 2 emergency reboots during the weeks), customer support is slow and unprofessional. Etc etc.

In comparison, GOA looks very good in my oppinion.
I played WoW for about 3 months and never encounted any problem at all during that time except for the odd LD which I can't blame blizzard for. It must have been a lucky server then. But I have lots of friends (rl and online) playing different servers and from what I hear it's better than I've experienced GOA. A server being down for over a week, 10 sec ToA-lag on and off for a very long period of time, xml going down after every patch, delays with everything, lack of communication etc etc..

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
Does anyone else find this wrong?

I think youre right on this Martok, however what would you expect from something supposed to be a random generator ? You can as well come out with just crap/nothing. And if you end up with nothing on your merc, wouldnt you be happy to have some items restored ?
But I can also understand the frustration as the time-consuming toa took us all.

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I played WoW for about 3 months and never encounted any problem at all during that time except for the odd LD which I can't blame blizzard for. It must have been a lucky server then. But I have lots of friends (rl and online) playing different servers and from what I hear it's better than I've experienced GOA. A server being down for over a week, 10 sec ToA-lag on and off for a very long period of time, xml going down after every patch, delays with everything, lack of communication etc etc..

just cut the whine and come play pryd/alb with me now Zeb :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom