Goa u owe me a bubble

T

Therion

DAMN LAG GOT ME KILLED THEN I GO LD FFS WHAT IS THIS? 33.6 MODEM AGE CONNECTION?

S

SilverHood

aye, LD here too

think it's Wandoo router that cant handle the game

B

Brannor McThife

Yip. Dies YET again.

What's that? Every weekend for the last 3 weeks? How many people want to bet the French servers are still running perfectly... :rolleyes:

-G

S

SilverHood

well, the french servers don't use the international routers....

I think I'm gonna write a letter to Wanadoo and GOA telling them to buy a new router

S

skerit XP

you can do that!
But then they would probably raise the costs for the game... :)

K

kain_pravus

aye one minute i'm being attacked... alas no mob in sight, i run away but the attack goes on...

damn mob suddenly appears, but strangely I'm unable to attack!

I stand there like a muppet hitting the f6 key... Then i'm dead to a damn blue con mob.

But shit happens, so no point crying over it and it's been awhile since something like this has happened

S

SilverHood

Posted at GOA's rightnow:

Yet again, im sitting reading the Barrysworld forums, after a router somewhere along the system died.... this probably has nothing to do with GOA, but Wanadoo.... is it possible you can give them a kick in the balls and get them to fix the buggy router, which seems to crash at least once a week, if not more.
Playing for 5 hours, only to die and loose all that was gained is very soul destroying
I'm eagerly awaiting their response

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by kain_pravus
...it's been awhile since something like this has happened

Um. No. It happened last weekend, and the weekend before that. Becomming a regular thing.

-G

O

old.Wicoa

Is there anything we can do, except unsubscribe cause I like this game.

If we had better routers etc etc, we might be able to rvr without a zone crash and the lag might be bearable to actually enjoy a good fight and skirmish. Rather than being out cause of absolute necessity.

A

Aeiedil

I have a sneaking feeling that the Glimmer King may have had a part to play. At about 21:28 gmt on sunday the hib party of around 150-200 arrived at the king, and after 3 aoes at 21:30 they were all dead. This then lead to a lot of people all releasing within 2-3 minutes, mostly i think to Tir na Mbeo :) This then fecked the router id expect hehe :) Either that or its a well timed coincedence that it went down after i and many others released ;)

F

Fightersuntzu

methinks it was a general all-around bad timing :D oh well :)

D

Danya

Also there was a large midgard relic attack happening on prydwen at the same time...

H

Hulbur

Also, at the same time, there was a massive Group thing going on in malmo.

What can i say? seems like we have to make cross-realm plans on events ;D

MidPlayer1 : Hey we are gonna do some massive Event in Malmohus soon, what time would be best for you.

HibPlayer1: Hmm, sundays no good for us, we are planning a Relic raid on Excalibur.

AlbPlayer: Yeah, that will tie up those two realms, so sundays no good. We are planning on taking it back on the Tuesday so thats out.

MidPlayer1: Ok ill book saturday then ok?

HibPlayer1: OK saturday it is, but could you try to finish around 02.00 CET. Some guild are doing a keep thing.

Albplayer1: noo, we need that time slot, you can't get both a relic raid and a keep thing!

Hehe :rolleyes:

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Fightersuntzu
methinks it was a general all-around bad timing :D oh well :)
On the contrary, it was perfect timing. If it had happened five minutes sooner it would have ruined the dragon raid.

S

SFXman

All I know is that yesterday my connection to the game was horrendous.

I

inqy

I've had so many deaths through DAOC crashing(no not the start key!, well not all the time ;) ), LDs or just plain old lag. But sod all you can do really ;(

I

inqy

Originally posted by SFXman
All I know is that yesterday my connection to the game was horrendous.

Agreed. Last night in particular I thought was very bad. I was getting Yellow/Red quite a lot in P/L symbols.

S

SFXman

My ping on the perf meter was red all the time last evening ffs... and I am on cable (which does not amtter actually actually because the bandwidth required in this game is small... believe it or not. Maybe 1/50th of my cable).

I

inqy

yeah I've played this on a 28k modem, which although not perfect was fine for most of the time. so it's pretty obvious where the problem lies when cable conns aren't good enuff. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom