GOA Support thank you!!!!

Tholoz

Fledgling Freddie
This is just to inform you on how support is handling artifacts.

Customer
Long time ago I got malice axe, and I picked the crush 1h version.
After NF I got hold of my Bane of Battler, and ended up with an slash one by mistake.

Though I was an crush merc I got very dissapointed and used my full respec to go sword/shield cause I couldnt use my weapons as both crush.

And I have no way to change any of them. Im rr 5l4 and dont want to make a new merc, Im very unhappy, what can I do?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response
Once you choose an artifact type there is no way to change them unless a new type becomes available. In this case unfortunately there is nothing you can do with the atrifacts.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer
Well, I didn't choose slash on my battler on purpose, I pressed crush cause Im crush merc with malice in crush but I got an slash one.
I have never ever wrote and asked in my 3 years of any help or anything, But I thought this was a valid thing that I could get help on.

I Never wanted to write for help, but all my friends got me to do it. what a waste to ask for help when you guys always asume people is taking advantake of it.

I dont, Just wanted to play my char as I wanted it. Stupied buggs or whatever is customers folt now I guess.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response
Greetings
We will not change artifact types under any circumstances. I know this doesn't seem reasonable however stick with me here for a minute. You can only get an artifact once and it has limited durability, if we start changing artifacts out for people what we end up with is people coming back to us when their artis reach low durability and tell us they chose the wrong one, or the game lagged and they didn't get their choice etc etc... I'm not saying that this is what you are doing however we will not set a precident by changing out an artifact for one person for this reason because then we have to be willing to change out all artis for whatever reason we are given.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer
Of cause I see your point in this, I just hope you did see my point.

For whatever support beleives, this was a valid thing to get help on, but sinch you dont trust your customers and aren't willing to aid them, thats your call.

If you want to treat all the same way no matter situation, fine by me.

Im kinda old and I really dont take this game that serious so I dont really care about this, thats why I waited to ask for help, because I can always find other ways. Its a game its for fun.

And Im not going to quit the game bla bla bla.

Im just gonna help you inform others on forum so they dont need to bother you guys with more artifacts questions cause we see your point. We cant get help period.

Yours sincerely
Customer

/Goras
Gm of Guts & Glory

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Before using Right Now, always remember the GOA philosophy, "The customer is always wrong."

NC2

Fledgling Freddie
Tholoz said:
This is just to inform you on how support is handling artifacts.
We will not change artifact types under any circumstances. I know this doesn't seem reasonable however stick with me here for a minute. You can only get an artifact once and it has limited durability, if we start changing artifacts out for people what we end up with is people coming back to us when their artis reach low durability and tell us they chose the wrong one, or the game lagged and they didn't get their choice etc etc... I'm not saying that this is what you are doing however we will not set a precident by changing out an artifact for one person for this reason because then we have to be willing to change out all artis for whatever reason we are given.

The same kind of arguments is also used by policestates and evil dictators. (and G.Bush) :twak:

Uku

Fledgling Freddie
stupid idiots at mythic with no ounce of reason imo , why the hell offer a full skill respec stone these days when ya cant change the type of weapon you got? , previously you could obtian an equivelent weapon in crush and slash , but now they only offer you one chance at an artifact and if you decide you want to respec to a different line , you cant!. how friggin hard would it be to make it possible to ask an NPC smith or some other appropriate NPC to change your weapon to slash from crush , or from 1 handed to 2 handed with no change in durability from what its currently at , or even reduce it to stop peeps doing this regularly?. Nope no chance of them thinking of somin sensible like that.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
would have been more reasonable if he asked if he could get a free respec to change back to the old spec

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its not as if respec stones are hard to come by.

There maybe things that goa cant do fullstop to the code they might not be able to change encounters or artis or stuff like that at all.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle said:
its not as if respec stones are hard to come by.

There maybe things that goa cant do fullstop to the code they might not be able to change encounters or artis or stuff like that at all.

But they can delete the item out of his inventory and place a new one in it :)

Aussie

Banned
they could atleast have checked how long you got your malice's axe, if you only had it for 1-2 days max then they should have changed it.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
IMO its the same as trade, you pressed the accept button, live with it.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
IMO its the same as trade, you pressed the accept button, live with it.

Why should he have to live with it? Its a game, made to keep the players entertained and if they make a mistake i see no reason not to help them.

And how hard can it be to replace it with a item with the same con / dur?

And dont give me any crap about its impossible :p The code was written by human beings (i hope) so if there is a will to do it its np, guess its the will to help that is lackin

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic are real sticklers for this kinda thing and it seems GOA are also.

When artifacts are concerned you only get one choice, one arti and thats your lot.

I agree that it is harsh when someone makes a silly mistake not to correct it.

Sleet

Fledgling Freddie
Uku said:

Hmmm nice avatar.

On topic though maybe ask if they can change to correct dmg type but leave con and dur as it is currently?

Personnally i've always found rightnow helpful, but i have only ever used them for subs problems, or a bug on my house.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Except I know of many players in the US who have had their Traitor's Dagger, etc, switched from slash to thrust, and vice versa.

Anyway, didn't the guy say he chose the crush version, but it gave him slash (quote: 'Well, I didn't choose slash on my battler on purpose, I pressed crush cause Im crush merc with malice in crush but I got an slash one')? If thats true then its a bug, and should have been fixed after his first right now - but then its easier just to copy and paste the usual GOA response instead of actually looking into the problem and fixing it.

duran.3d

Fledgling Freddie
Hey I want to change the specs, race, size, sex and class of my main. And maybe realm too. And I dont want to reroll cause I want to keep my RR lvl and ML. And all because I will to enjoy the game better that way. And if GOA don't do it, they are dictatorships, Hitlers and bla bla bla.

Tootz said:
Anyway, didn't the guy say he chose the crush version, but it gave him slash (quote: 'Well, I didn't choose slash on my battler on purpose, I pressed crush cause Im crush merc with malice in crush but I got an slash one')? If thats true then its a bug, and should have been fixed after his first right now

Totally agree. If it happened like he says, then IT'S a bug and should be fixed... only that... wait... what kind of bug is that that only affect 1 player in the entire game? er... are you sure you didn't press [slash] by mistake? :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom