GOA Support reaches new levels

G

Grimmy

Below is a support request I sent to GOA via Rightnow:

Subject: Free the Rogue Quest (Albion/Prydwen)

I tried to do the above quest this afternoon but it seems "stuck"...

I recieved the quest in Caer Diogel without a problem and noticed the quest NPC Mercal was already stood there. Assuming someone was currently doing the quest i went to the Ogre Fort Krondon. After waiting a while I asked someone in Diogel who was crafting and Mercal was still stood there. After some more enqiuries it turns out Mercal has been stood there waiting for someone to finish the quest for about 3 days roughly. I assume someone got part way through the quest and didn't complete it for whatever reason.

Here follows the response I got a couple of days later:

Hello,

Could you tell me on which server you are playing?
Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

ho hum, just thought I'd share :)

O

old.Kal

looooooooool everyone makes mistakes tho i spose :)

T

Tranquil-

GOA got royally ripped off by the ppl they hired for customer support with our cash.

S

Shike

mebbe send the french ppl on an english course? ^^

O

old.m0000

a better idea would be to kill all french people tbh

edit: except kemor cuz he's fwuffy

D

Draylor

Theyre just getting better and better.

Not content with support muppets too lazy to provide support theyve now got idiots that cant read the first line.

S

Sharma

hmmm i could make a really really really bad comment, but ill just say one word to take care of it...

MUPPETS! :D

C

censi

i got some class ones.

Recently they were advertising for a lot of new Customer services staff. I think we are seeing some of these new recruits now.

They are prolly the most useless worthless bunch of cunts I have seen in my life.

I have sent about 20 requests to them since I started this game. Not had 1 of the problems have been sorted out, and more often than not I get the old "you have a technical problem?" to the response to my technical problem?

Theres a real tendency to whine about customer support, to be fair we cant expect them to get everything sorted out asap. bug fixes are the worse though. They literally ignore them.

E

elveniel

that always happens, you put ure server in the subject or in easy view and they will 99% of the time say
"IM A THICK TWAT WHAT SERVER YOU PLAYING ON?"

kemor seriously, sack that dude. along with the rest of them. ;)

G

georgus

Should get a special bored made for emails to rightnow with Albion/Prydwen all over them, and even big bold text at the bottom. Then again they'd probably miss that as well.

Remember long ago one of my chars got stuck in camelot, i sent a message in idiot form was almost layed out with every bit of information they could need down to a LOC in camelot. Reply a day later...... what server is your character on and what is his location.

Im sure that the initial person just sends an automated response to buy them more time!

G

Gabrial

Jesus Christ. Are people never happy?

Half the time people complain that they get no response (personally, all my problems have been solved in 48 hours max).

So the guy misread what you wrote? I used to be in support and it happens - when you deal with 30-40 support calls a day it gets easy to make mistakes, especially if they are trainees. Cut the guy some slack - if he is a new guy he's bound to make some errors, its hardly the end of the world.

Sorry - Im not flaming anyone in particular but it narks me when people post asking for someone to be sacked etc. just cause they made a silly mistake.

J

Jace

Gabrial you're missing the point, this isn't a one off . . . this is sadly the normal level of "support" people have come to expect :(

T

The Real Redi

i have good and bad - i have had the "Please tell me your character name, and the server you play on" reply to the mail titled [Redi McAnorlan, 44th Merc (Albion/Prydwen)]

to their credit however, most problems are solved within a few hours, or at most a couple of days, but i also have worked on a helpdesk and i know the tricks that support engineers play with the call logging system.

If a call is logged, or email received, there is a standard response time set on both the response and the fix - both very different things. So, if say the response target is 6 hours, the fix time 24 hours from first response/full assesment, then waiting 5 hours and then mailing your lame arse response, you've bought yourself a spare 5 hours.

This is only an example, but you see what i mean, right? I used to get the jobs i hadnt resolved flagged after a certain amount of time, but each time i responded and updated the query, it reset the fix target according to where i escalated it too, or the status i laid on it.

D

darzil

Just a thought, but I have come across (very annoying) email systems where you can't easily see the subject line. To combat this, if I'm sending to a person who may have such a system, I always put that relevant data into the body text.

If they have that sort of system, it would explain why they reckoned the information was missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom