GOA Support, I'm at my wits end!!

M

morrigun

hi there, n00b here. I recently purchased DAoC plus Shrouded Isles from GAME in Ellesmere Port. I've tried to create an account, but got the message about my cd-key already being used by another account. I emailed GOA support, and after MANY messages, was told that my cd-key IS actually being used by another player. I know this, as they've told me his email address. I've sent support, scans of my reciept of purchase and of the front and back cover of the manual with the printed cd-keys on it, but they just don't want to know. It's as if I am being treated like a criminal, as I've had to verify who I am at every step. To top it all off, they've now told me that I have to pay for a new cd-key!!! Surely this is not fair, as it's not my fault that there are 2 apparently identical cd-keys in use??
Anybody have any ideas on what I should do next? All I want to do is play this great game

K

Kharok Svark

Return that copy of the game to GAME, and ask them to replace it with a valid (unopened) copy.

Sounds like either someone traded the game in, or one of the staff decided to try the game out.

Either way, GAME should replace it with a valid working copy so you can beging your adventure.

L

living

kill em. Or go to the shop and complain cuz most likely some1 there ripped the key

N

Nightchill

aye, doesn't really seem GOAs job to replace it. If it's faulty, or you're not getting the intended use from it, take it back to where you bought it from. if you shout enough whilst other customers are in store they may give you milk and cookies too.

Z

Zargar

Hello Morrigun,

I'd advice you to take the copy you bought back to the shop and get it replaced with a new copy as Kharok and the others suggested. They have sold you a defect game, a CD key that has already been used, and you should be able to get it exchanged.

-Zargar

B

Belsameth

a GOA mod posting!
after all these time...
there still are miracles :)
*waves at Zargar*

O

old.Tohtori

And maybe this guy just wants a freebie CD-key since he's "borrow(ed) wind" his friends CD. :p

Shaaaame on you you cheator!

T

Teh Krypt

Heh. I ended up with same problem, I ended up trading an account for a si cdkey, so really could have saved my £20 but never took it back to GAME.

You have to really watch game, they are like rouge traders, if somoene brings a game back they will go ahead and sell it on, if you ever get a game thats not in the clear wrapping, ask for a new one.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by morrigun
hi there, n00b here. I recently purchased DAoC plus Shrouded Isles from GAME in Ellesmere Port. I've tried to create an account, but got the message about my cd-key already being used by another account. I emailed GOA support, and after MANY messages, was told that my cd-key IS actually being used by another player. I know this, as they've told me his email address. I've sent support, scans of my reciept of purchase and of the front and back cover of the manual with the printed cd-keys on it, but they just don't want to know. It's as if I am being treated like a criminal, as I've had to verify who I am at every step. To top it all off, they've now told me that I have to pay for a new cd-key!!! Surely this is not fair, as it's not my fault that there are 2 apparently identical cd-keys in use??
Anybody have any ideas on what I should do next? All I want to do is play this great game

Go back to game and tell them its being used, advise them not to re-sell it (someone may have bought the game back on a 10 day return 'GAME' policy') - so imo GAME should swap out the one you bought for one not already sold to someone.

If they don't - explain to them that the makers of DAOC will not let you play because this MUST be a returned copy, from someone, OR that 2 serial numbers exist.

Alternatively, return the game, get your money back, come back a day later - get a sealed copy of the game, buy it, and install it.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Kharok Svark
Return that copy of the game to GAME, and ask them to replace it with a valid (unopened) copy.

Sounds like either someone traded the game in, or one of the staff decided to try the game out.

Either way, GAME should replace it with a valid working copy so you can beging your adventure.

You can't actually trade in PC games in GAME. Therefore its not that, but more than likely a returned copy on their 10 day returns as i posted above :)

T

tris-

GAME dont do the 10 day no fuss return policy on internet games.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by n3wbie

I used to work there (for my sins) and they used to 6 months ago.

It may have changed now tho.

Note: if you do buy an internet game - nobody in the shop tells you they don't tho....

F

Flimgoblin

happened to me when I first started - either someone in GAME using the 'take home and try' staff-training (no idea if that's still in effect - works for non-online games fine :) but not so good if it's a CD key one....) or someone's taken it out, registered it, returned it within the 10 days...

gimps :)

Either way, go get a new copy from GAME.

C

Cadire

It happened to me right at the start of retail... it took 3 goes to get a copy of DAoC, from Game, that hadn't been used/registered. I've bought my games from Amazon ever since.

B

Brunore

Originally posted by n3wbie

They do in my local store.

I have seen 2 people return DAoC and EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom