GOA so smart :]

S

Subbiz

From the friday news:

The dragons and 1.52 :

Since 1.52, our CSR team received many reports about the dragons having problems or being un-killable under certain circumstances. After many investigations, we can say that the dragons are not bugged in any way, but that, as the patch notes mentioned, they have been made "more challenging". You may experience new tactics and new reactions from them, so be ready. Many realms of different servers killed the dragons since the patch 1.52.

From www.camelotherald.com - official Mythic Grab bag

Q: Any update on the Hibernian dragon? You said you were investigating it, since it hadn’t died yet.

A: It has died – the Europeans killed it. And here’s the interesting thing – they’re behind the US by a few patches, so they killed the harder version of the dragon. So keep trying! It can be done!

*cough*

P

Pixie.Pebr

Once more proves that:

Europeans > Yanks :p

D

Draylor

As far as I remember the Hib dragon was taken down on at least 1 US server (in 1.52 or later) shortly after it was killed on the German server.

The Germans proved it was possible to give the US folks the kick they needed to try again.

B

Blood

Its a matter of perspective really..

i certainly noticed that the dragon didnt AE as much as on earlier raids.. i guess we just have to find a way to deal with its low-hp-tricks.. like have a couple of standby groups ready to rush in..

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Draylor
As far as I remember the Hib dragon was taken down on at least 1 US server (in 1.52 or later) shortly after it was killed on the German server.

The Germans proved it was possible to give the US folks the kick they needed to try again.

Siegfried anyone? Dragon slaying iz in our blut!!
:p

*cackles and runs off while Ride of the Valkyries plays in the background*

K

Keri

Did anyone think to ask the players on Avalon nicely, how they did it?

S

Subbiz

u guys dont read what the post is about or something..

GOA and mythic is talking against each others. Mythic says dragon is weaker, GOA says its harder.

atleast thats how I read their "more challenging" part..

K

kemor

"More challenging",
meaning "giving a better challenge to players as an epic encounter",
meaning for the hibernian dragon "more chance to really fight it"
meaning for the other dragons "more fun fighting it with maybe some higher difficulty".

O

old.Normengast

Ah now I get it, you changed the dragon in opposite way related ot the strength of the realm. So you made the albion dragon weaker, you made the midgard one immortal and you gave the hibernian one the hp of a smierra gatta?

:cool:

O

old.tuppe

hmm if remember correct, us server hib killed dragon using only pure melee, no damage adds, no spell, any spell!, no procs or that kind stuff in 1.52 where we live now.

K

kemor

First kill of hibernian dragon ever was on Avalon with patch 1.50. Then came US a week or two after, using Avalon players information & tactics, using 1.53 if I remember correctly.

O

old.tRoG

Kemor the factfile :)

Har Har, ze usa got beatenz by ze germanz :)

B

Blood

Have anyone ever killed a borderguard / portalkeep guard?

L

liste

well, dont think that would be realistic, really.

if they came alone, then _maybe_, but they travel in packs :p

F

Flimgoblin

Troll Archer swiftly dodges the blow.

Same as Behemoth in DF :)

P

PJS

Originally posted by kemor
"More challenging",
meaning "giving a better challenge to players as an epic encounter",
meaning for the hibernian dragon "more chance to really fight it"
meaning for the other dragons "more fun fighting it with maybe some higher difficulty".

sorry Kemor but "more challenging" means HARDER not easier, and 1.52 WEAKENED Hib dragon (allegedly), not sure about the other 2

S

Slinker

Did'nt the Germans say it was bugged too , getting it to 0% and no further until they dragged it to it's lair entryway , were it fell like a sack of tatties :p

S

stu

The Alb and Mid dragons were made more difficult

The Hib dragon was made easier

GOA received queries from Mid and Alb players that their dragons were unkillable. They checked and confirmed that they weren't, they were simply made "more challenging".

Mythic received queries from Hib players over whether their dragon could be killed - they checked, and found that the germans had actually killed it pre 1.52, when it had been more difficult.

The confusion is because the topic starter took two sources of information about 2 months apart and put them together - it's also taken out of context. If you think in terms of the game patch timeline, and take the comments individually in the context they were meant to be, it makes sense.

O

old.Tohtori

I want a big fight between the hibernia, the midgard and the albion dragon. One on one on one match! Let's see which realm rocks thy pants upside down with a fair dragon match :D

S

Subbiz

"more challenging" sounds like "harder"
no matter how you sugarcoat it Kemor :>
I know and understand what you say, but still! :]

or maybe its all about what point of view you got to it.. some see a challenge in another way than others, I guess :)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by stu
The Alb and Mid dragons were made more difficult

The Hib dragon was made easier

GOA received queries from Mid and Alb players that their dragons were unkillable.

Funnt how the hibs on exc had the same unkillable situation with their dragon then.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen

I remember reading somewhere a while ago that it's been tried on one of the US servers. 200 middies tried to break through Castle Sauvage just to see if it could be done. They all got wiped in under a minute.

Out of curiosity, can this actually be done? I know sneaking through the border keeps using holes in the geometry is against the CoC, but what about a stand-up fight?

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen

ummm i think some have been killed in zergs.

takes like about 50 people to kill one though

K

kemor

Before any clever realm leader figures a way to get through borderkeep, I think a warning is needed:
- Players are NOT supposed to cross ennemy borderkeeps. If a player is caught in an ennemy inner realm, he's breaking CoC.

Just so you know :)

G

Garris-

Aww. I know thats fair.. but.. if someone/a group manages to get through a border keep.. don't they deserve to gank some level 5s? Heh.

C

-chancer-

Its not like there's any new players anyway all the L5's are people's 3rd 4th alt anyway

G

Garris-

Too true.. guilty of it myself. Wouldnt really matter if someone DID get through though.. they couldnt get very far before they ran into more guards.. wouldnt be able to go near any towns.

F

fl3a

afaik normal guards dont attack other realm people, only realm guards ... i am 90% sure its wrong thou :p

J

j000 d000d

You can only kill the Guards that attack mobs too.

For albs it are "elite guard" and for mids it are "Viking Eyfrod"

These are quite easy to kill as theyre not very high level. (60-70)

The other guards are uberhigh level and unkillable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom