GOA renamed me....

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Sad, just sad.
If anyone finds the word "Boobz" offensive or in any way abusive then they need their head checking. YOUNG CHILDREN use this word for gods sakes.
They didnt even have the god damned decency to tell me they were going to do it, and fuck up all my quick bars in the process.

Its like someone called "poop" being renamed. There are far worse that this.

First they nerf my legs, then they take my Name. I could just pay someone £8 a month to kick me in the bollocks for the same effect.

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
That's lame imo. Boobz is in no way offensive not even to women. What if someone is called Dick (plenty of those with that name around) and they can't take the name because it's offensive? While it's their own real name? /me thinks GOA needs to know what's offensive and what's not. /me thinks about some Poll system to ask players if they find it offensive and why..

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
I have appealed this on rightnow already. I have asked them why they have changed my name, and under what category they feel this fits. I have told them that i would like my name back. I also told them that for starters "Boobz" isnt even a real word, but i realise that Boobs and Boobies :)o) are words. These two words are used by CHILDREN in this country and the words are considered perfectly acceptable.
I know for a fact that GOA rely on English speaking people to inform them of any names they find unaceptable, thats what the Eyes and Ears guys are for.
If they dont rename me ill just have to quit. I think goa underestimate the amount of time spent getting a char to 50 and then up the Realm ranks, and im not going to run around with the name "Boomz" (wtf) for the rest of my days. As far as im concerned this ruins my character for me and i will just cancel my 2 accounts along with the 2 copies of TOA i have coming.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Wtf is GoA run by a kindergarden?!? We have to do something against this, they have to learn wich names to rename and wich names is okay to stay as it is...
Can understand names like Hitler/Satan etc. is getting renamed, but renaming stuff like boobz is directly RETARDED.

... Would be fun with a flame poll against GoA in this case, please make one on FH, please anyone? :flame:

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
Boomz? Eheh :p
On an infi? Hehe they should have made u a nuke wizzo when they at it tbh :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Thats a shame mate :mad:

Hope it gets sorted out for you.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Karnat said:
Boomz? Eheh :p
On an infi? Hehe they should have made u a nuke wizzo when they at it tbh :p

I know :/

They are very creative, they just replace one letter with whatever they want.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
pwned, and tbh who cares what u are called ? u afraid of ppl not knowing who u are ? those who want to know will know soon enough

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Renwind said:
pwned, and tbh who cares what u are called ? u afraid of ppl not knowing who u are ? those who want to know will know soon enough

What the hell? lol.
Think i will ignore this post.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Names are important for the player who chosed the name... :touch:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
Sad, just sad.
If anyone finds the word "Boobz" offensive or in any way abusive then they need their head checking. YOUNG CHILDREN use this word for gods sakes.
They didnt even have the god damned decency to tell me they were going to do it, and fuck up all my quick bars in the process.

Its like someone called "poop" being renamed. There are far worse that this.

First they nerf my legs, then they take my Name. I could just pay someone £8 a month to kick me in the bollocks for the same effect.

I'll kick you in the balls for only £5! Bargain!

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
So do i.
Im trying to think of another name in case they wont give me "boobz" back.
Cant think of one though :(

Wonder if they will let me have Smegolas :p

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
So has someone reported your name? Or do GOA actually go through the servers list of names, using some kind of system searching for 'potentially offencive' names?

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Like i said earlier, goa have a team of DAOC players who volunteer called the "eyes and ears" team. Amongst other things they look out for abusers/hackers and names against the COC.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
FYI a while ago i did have someone threaten to report my name (obviously he has nothing better to do) , however this was about 4-6 weeks ago. It is possible however that this is down to him. I wont name him here of course.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
that sucks dude, hope u get ur proper name back, they renamed one of my alts from Bollocks to Bertram a while back. French gits!

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
lmfao you made an alt called bollocks? :D :worthy:

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
hehe yeh bout a 18months ago, was a toon sorc :) he lasted about 6 months coz i hardly played him, From what i remember they sent an email saying theyd changed the name i think.

I think we should start a SAVE BOOBZ campaign, theres far worse things they should be addresing ingame rather than someones name, Death to GOA! and their little sniffling eyes and ears team

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Noooooooo :mad: :(

We want boobz back! Hope you get it sorted m8, very petit of GOA tbh

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Its a shame, but really didn't you see this coming?

What I find ironic though is that I see plenty of people running around with much more offensive surnames.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Its a shame, but really didn't you see this coming?

What I find ironic though is that I see plenty of people running around with much more offensive surnames.

Would i have spent the time i have leveling to 50, and then to just shy of RR4L5 if i thought my name was in the slightest bit offensive? At the end of the day, after two years playing this game, i have seen some really nasty names, and i still do see them. It doesnt bother me, or detract from my enjoyment of the game, i just get on with playing. There was a time when GOA didnt even bother checking, or at least it seemed this way. So in short, no , i didnt think GOA would change my name, but then i have a Wizard called Tharkun. He has been called this for 2 years. It is against the CoC, and i would have been less suprised to see his name changed, and i guess after posting this here i will.
It is another name for Gandalf btw, and as such is copywrited.

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
IMO there's a differance between really offensive names and funny names..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom