Goa renamed me AGAIN!

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
I made this post earlier and it seems to have disapeared.... So ill post it again.

Yes GOA have once again renamed me. Yes thats right, they have renamed me from the name that THEY ALREADY LET ME HAVE.

Here is the email i got from them.

"Greetings,

After further investigation we have found that other meanings of the word bumcheese do indeed violate the code of conduct. Since the names you have suggested are either taken or violate the code of conduct, your character has been named Herrarynth.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support"

Ok so i have checked the COC. This name does not breach it.

As you can see they gave me some tardy name also....nice.
This is ....fun.....

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
omg thats funnyyy lollll, surely u knew they wouldnt like bumcheese? ^^ what were the other names u suggested

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
You're a bit of a muppet to name your character that in the first place. You're not gonna get any pity on these boards. :)

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
"omg thats funnyyy lollll, surely u knew they wouldnt like bumcheese? ^^ what were the other names u suggested"

I didnt name the char, THEY DID. I gave them a list of 5 to choose from. Why would they give someone a name and then take it away a day later. Seems kinda retarded to me.

Xplo

Banned
in next episode! GOA changes Herraryniths name to "Francerulz!!11oneone"
because herra was a character in the Hercules and Xena episodes!

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
what was ther wrong with Boobz?? i got a necro callled necrofill (change the c to a K and delete 1 L and there stand necrophil(sp?) in danish :))
ohh and nice name :D rofl !!

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
I made this post earlier and it seems to have disapeared.... So ill post it again.

Yes GOA have once again renamed me. Yes thats right, they have renamed me from the name that THEY ALREADY LET ME HAVE.

Here is the email i got from them.

"Greetings,

After further investigation we have found that other meanings of the word bumcheese do indeed violate the code of conduct. Since the names you have suggested are either taken or violate the code of conduct, your character has been named Herrarynth.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support"

Ok so i have checked the COC. This name does not breach it.

As you can see they gave me some tardy name also....nice.
This is ....fun.....
loool
someone got pwned by goa :wij:

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Personally i just think they made themselves look like retards.
They actually changed my name to something which THEY beleive breaks the code of conduct. Spastics.

I couldnt have been any more owned than the day they renamed Boobz, so this is no real problem.
Just have to delete her and get on with another char.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
BOOMZ FOREVER <3

btw, sent a complain to goa, its just fooking ridiculess..

and im bored :rolleyes:

"I would just like to complain about the way you handled the name change of Boobz. As childish as the name may be it's still not offensive to anyone, but anyways it's a "sexist reference" or whatever you called it, so it was changed.

Then you change it to a name you don't even allow a day later? It's just pathetic, it really is. "Bumcheese" isn't even an existing word, and its clearly stated that players can choose a name as long as it doesn't breach a few rules in the CoC (which it doesn't).

Ehm that's just what I wanted to say, changing back his name to Boobz would do alot of good to the community because they've lost even more faith in GOA when your repution is already at an all time low.

Regards,

Vodkafairy"

such bullshit but im curious to their reply :p if any Xd

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
lol :D

Thanks for the support ;) , im sure they will ignore it :(

Will have to stick to my Minstrel (Choonz) until i find something else to play.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
in next episode! GOA changes Herraryniths name to "Francerulz!!11oneone"
because herra was a character in the Hercules and Xena episodes!

Hera :)

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
That sucks tho dude, Bumcheese was an acceptabley amusing name to replace Boobz with. neither offend any1, and the new name they gave u is fucking terrible, wont they let you try 5 more names? dont delete tho dude, think of all that hard work. at least you can set a proper second name. BumCheeseofBoobz or something

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
"omg thats funnyyy lollll, surely u knew they wouldnt like bumcheese? ^^ what were the other names u suggested"

I didnt name the char, THEY DID. I gave them a list of 5 to choose from. Why would they give someone a name and then take it away a day later. Seems kinda retarded to me.

...thats exactly what I meant.... what were the other four names :)

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Bishibosh said:
...thats exactly what I meant.... what were the other four names :)

It doesnt matter what the other four names were, as they had already picked one.

For the record they were :

Peanut
Bacon
Flange (haha)
Bumcheese
Underpant.

This list was from the FIRST time i was renamed (From Boobz to Bumcheese). I was not afforded this opportunity the second time around, they just changed it.

Thats it. All very very VERY stupid, none remotely offensive.
You have to remember that we are PAYING customers, and they shouldnt be allowed to just fuck with people as they please. The last namechange was just out of spite. They should have checked it thoroughly before allowing it. having said that, if they had checked it they would have found nothing wrong with it. They just saw everybody here laughing at the fact that they changed it to "Bumcheese" and thought they better make amends quickly.

I have challenged GOA in the strongest terms to EXPLAIN to me how "Bumcheese" breaks the COC. And i asked that they didnt just copy and paste their COC Naming policy in this time, and that they explain to me what THEY think is wrong with the name. Im betting by tommorow i have another Form response with the Naming Policy copy and pasted into it.
This is what we get for £8 per month per account.

As for deleting my Scout, well i have tried but cant bring myself to do it just because of the sheer amount of work that went into her. Unless i get my name back i dont ever see myself playing her again though.

Problem being for me, is that this is the longest period i have had playing DAOC without getting so bored that i quit. The reason for this is that i had a character that i genuinely enjoyed playing, and in some ways "roleplaying". yes i may have been roleplaying as a spastic, but thats Roleplay none-the-less.

Some have questioned "what difference does it make? Its only a name". Well it isnt is it really. Its part of a character that i spent a hell of a long time building. Its more than just a name, its a long, hard slog to 50 and then onwards towards RR5. Its countless keep takes and defenses. Its many hours spent spamming ;) And as far as im concerned this character is RUINED for me. I cannot even bare to log it in. Think about that for a second, and tell me you wouldnt be pissed if someone did the same to your char.....TWICE.

There is nothing in the COC about having a stupid name, and this is why im fighting for it back. Unfortunately how can you fight automatic responses?
It seems funny to me that as soon as the community needed some feedback during the whole "passwords got hacked" fiasco we didnt get any. Yet they have the man hours to devote to pettily renaming players just for the hell of it.
It sickens me that i have funded these people for 2 years, but hey, if i cancel, can i be guranteed that the ripping off SOB's wont still charge my card?
I think not.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
your character has been named Herrarynth

rofl pwned

sounds to me as if they clicked the random name generator 100 times and picked the worst name

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Boobz said:
For the record they were :

Peanut
Bacon
Flange (haha)
Bumcheese
Underpant.
So given those 5 options, in that order(?), GOA chose to rename your scout to Bumcheese?

Flange already exists, the others dont appear to. Peanut/Bacon might be bloody stupid names, but theres nothing in CoC against these.

Choosing Bumcheese from that list - even if they did fix it a day later - just shows yet again that the folks responding to RightNow queries have a fairly poor grasp of English.

Sadly for you if GOA want to be awkward about it they could claim both Boobz and Bumcheese break the Naming CoC due to being "sexual references". Isnt consistency great - theres many far worse names currently running around in all realms.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
If Bumcheese is a sexual reference then i dont want to know how you get your kicks! lmfao :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom