Goa really sux

A

Anakin

This morning my subscripcion ends, ok, i go to pay, i try, Transaction refused, well, goa, my friends cant play because u re idiots, WE WANT PLAY!, we paid with the same cc before, one month you can play, 10 days you cant play, always the same, the billing system is shutdown blablabla, I WANT PLAY NOW!

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Anakin
This morning my subscripcion ends, ok, i go to pay, i try, Transaction refused, well, goa, my friends cant play because u re idiots, WE WANT PLAY!, we paid with the same cc before, one month you can play, 10 days you cant play, always the same, the billing system is shutdown blablabla, I WANT PLAY NOW!

When it says Transaction refused, thats nothing to do with GOA, thats your CC not allowing you to spend any more money on it....so..That would make GOA idiots for you not paying your CC bill..fair enough

Pay your bill, then try again and it will be fine.

A

Anakin

My cc have enought money, i want pay my subs but i cant, always the same, account closed, try to pay, transaction refused, some days later, i try pay, it work.... i want pay now, not 3 days later...

P

Pixie.Pebr

Had you payed 3 days ago you wouldn't have to wait until 3 days, then you could have payed now.
You have to plan ahead you see.

K

klavrynd

me baba me bad cc me want play !!! w00t goa no take bad cc goa lame!!!1!!

Maybe you should use your cc on a basic english course rather then daoc.

S

SFXman

I must admit though that GOA/Wanadoo have had many problems with billing EVEN if the CC bill has been payed and all that..

D

Damon_D

Aye guys if you gonna make fun of all the peopel who complaints about goa's billing-system you better quit ya job's and cancel ya accounts , cause you wont have time for those anymore. GOA's Billing system is the crappiest shid around ....

F

Fafnir

Worked fine for me. Got my copy of DAOC, played free month, then sub 1 month at a time. They billed me first month, then they must have forgotten me since the next 3 months i paid nothing, then 4 month i got billed again, then i changed to 3 month sub, and it works.

But then again i dont use creditcard, i use visa atm card without credit. Just have to remember to transfer cash to it now and again.

C

cantho

Billing@Goa

Tbh,

never had problems with Goa billing.

i DID have problems with Mythic billing when playing on US.

And for those complaining that it took them 3 days to get the bill payed. Pay well in time then, because it can take up to 3 days before Visa or Amex is validated

F

fl3a

never had any probs.

this time was totally funny, i forgot to take off the 'autoextend' thingie (when ur period is over it automatically takes money again from the cc) and was thinking 'hmm my subscription must be over by now, i wonder why i can still play'. found out it had automatically payed :)

O

old.chesnor

I did that once fl3a. Got angry at the game, and myself for playing it too much. Decided I wouldn't renew. Anyway, lasted about 4 days (cold turkey is baaad) and went to the subs pages. Only to realise I had auto-renewed. Felt like a bit of a muppet tbh, even more so than normal :p

T

tris-

Originally posted by klavrynd

Maybe you should use your cc on a basic english course rather then daoc.

If your gonna be an arse hole about someones English, maybe you should make your sentance perfect, instead of looking like a prat.

A

Aravis

Originally posted by n3wbie

If your gonna be an arse hole about someones English, maybe you should make your sentance perfect, instead of looking like a prat.

should read...

If you're going to be an arse-hole about someones' English, maybe you should make your sentence perfect, instead of looking like a prat.

;)

H

Hatt

I got a number for you somewhere here.. hmm its to a guy dressed in white.. he will let you drink some stuff and then you will talk.. Intressed?

T

Tealeaf

Originally posted by Aravis

should read...

If you're going to be an arse-hole about someones' English, maybe you should make your sentence perfect, instead of looking like a prat.

;)

For complete correctness :p

-Arsehole is one word, no hyphen needed

-Someones refers to the singular so the apostrophe should be someone's

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

This must be the shittiest thread I've seen in awhile.
:D

A

Aravis

Originally posted by Tealeaf

For complete correctness :p

-Arsehole is one word, no hyphen needed

-Someones refers to the singular so the apostrophe should be someone's

I took it that he was pronouncing it as two words rather than one, but both interpretations would be valid.

The apostrophe is correct though as the English (in the context he put it) belongs to someone rather than, as you put it, someone is. Again though, your version is valid in 'modern' english, although technically wrong ;)

I love English, don't you? Just a shame so few English people can write coherent sentences in it ;)

K

klavrynd

"Maybe you should use your cc on a basic english course rather then daoc "

should read

Maybe you should use your cc on a basic english course rather then on daoc.

at least i think so ...:)

O

old.Tohtori

should read

Actually it should read:

maB u shu uz ur cc on a base eng course then on DAoC m8. J00 suxor me roxor.

Just that the people who actually whine so much would understand. :p

And if you can't take a joke go sit on an egg and wait for a chickie to pop out :D

T

Tealeaf

Originally posted by Aravis

The apostrophe is correct though as the English (in the context he put it) belongs to someone rather than, as you put it, someone is. Again though, your version is valid in 'modern' english, although technically wrong ;)

I love English, don't you? Just a shame so few English people can write coherent sentences in it ;)

Hmm, I think an apostrophe refresher course is needed :)

When I said someone's it is not the contraction of someone is, it is the correct form for the genetive (or possessive (denoting it belongs to someone)) case in the singular. In fact someone as a word is always in the singular so it will never have an apostrophe at the end as in someones'.

Another example to demonstrate better:

-This computer's hard drive broke - there is only one computer (singular) so the apostrophe comes before the s.

-Several computers' hard drives broke - there is more than one computer (plural) so the apostrophe comes after the s.

The only exception to this rule comes when some words in the singular end in an s, e.g. James' dog bit him.

I do like language, especially as it now pays my bills, but I'm sure we have bored several readers already :)

S

Silent Shadow

Originally posted by Anakin

I got the same problem :(

D

Danya

Originally posted by Tealeaf
I do like language, especially as it now pays my bills, but I'm sure we have bored several readers already :)
Was more interesting than the temper tantrum that started this thread. ;)

O

old.tRoG

just read this

dictionary.gif

instead of rambling on for hours about apostrophes.

you had me thinking this would develop into a good old flamewar, and then you just phone up your local schools and re-enroll in an english course.

bastards.

*is in a very angry mood tonight*

O

old.LandShark

I think what we have discovered on this thread, based on all the "oh it sux" and "never had any problems here..." is the following: shit happens

O

old.tRoG

even though it shouldnt because you're playing a game.

a fantasy game.

a game which is not real.

*just hates the phrase 'shit happens'*

T

Tealeaf

Originally posted by old.tRoG
just read this

dictionary.gif

instead of rambling on for hours about apostrophes.

you had me thinking this would develop into a good old flamewar, and then you just phone up your local schools and re-enroll in an english course.

bastards.

*is in a very angry mood tonight*

How dare you point people to a Websters dictionary, the single largest cause of illiteracy in the English-speaking world (or maybe the second after MTV?). If you want a dictionary, use a proper one like Collins or Oxford, one that uses the Queen's English and doesn't cater to inarticulate morons and the lowest common US denominator. Seek no alternative

There, is that better dear? It's only a little spark but I'm sure we could get it raging with a little fanning.

A

Affri

should read

Should actually read :

Maybe you should use your cc on a basic english course rather than on DAoC.

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom