GOA + read file fixes

T

Tafaya Anathas

In the US 1.62 went live 06-03. 1 day after they had a read file fix with:

"Scurceol's Sturdy Belt should now be correctly fixed to be a WAIST item, not a WRIST item."

We have 1.62 since last wednesday, we had a server maintenance since that, and yes, the belt still a wrist item.

N

ning

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
we had a server maintenance since that,

when ?

According to the EU site, maintenance is today

T

Tafaya Anathas

Ooops, sorry, just the disadvantages of logging in after noon.

L

liste

I reported this already. Wether or not it has been fixed in time for the server maintenance this morning, i dont know :)

C

Cybwyn

I asked Rightnow about it last week; no reply yet. Hopefully it will get fixed quickly.

C

Cush

I asked myself about it.

And i have no clue atm what will happen

T

Tafaya Anathas

Yeah, they left it unfixed. Coolness. I have a nice belt on my wrist.

D

Draylor

Many of the fixes have in the past appeared to be rolled into the original patch GOA receive.

These items should be one of the first things to be tested by those with access to the test server - if the problem does exist it should be VERY simple for GOA to request the fix from Mythic and apply it.

Time and time again this doesnt happen. Either the testers arent testing, GOA arent capable of applying the simplest fixes or Mythic arent supplying fixes within time required.

Who is at fault? You decide - I blame GOA as usual ;)

C

Cush

No wait.. i meant to blame Derric tbh..

and to get a +1 :p

L

liste

testing a thing like this belt can be a bit tricky though ;)

Kinda hard to test an item, if it requries 4 - 5 fg getting it :p

C

Cybwyn

We know it's broken. Mythic knew it was broken one day after 1.62 went live and fixed it. Why can't GOA do the same? If they don't fix it I can wave bye-bye to my SC template and the full set of armour and weapons I've already had SC'd.

L

liste

Who knows. could be several reasons.

Maybe GOA didnt recieve the fix from Mythic. Maybe they arent allowed to fix it themselves. Maybe Mythic told GOA it was on its way, and GOA didnt do anything about it, as it was on way.

Lots of possible scenarios.

It does suck, to make a full SC suit that wont work due to one bugged item, i agree :(

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by liste
testing a thing like this belt can be a bit tricky though ;)

Kinda hard to test an item, if it requries 4 - 5 fg getting it :p

Maybe a /charcopy system to the test server could help?

N

ning

A quick note to the ones of you owning a Scurceol's Sturdy Belt.
We fixed the item (and various other things) today so that the belt will actually be worn as a belt and not a bracer. Players with an existing belt before this fix will find (upon next connection) that their belts lost a bit of condition in the process ; this is normal and cannot be avoided. The only solution is to go and find a smith to repair it.

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1254

M

Mishy

i especially liked this bit:

Players with an existing belt before this fix will find (upon next connection) that their belts lost a bit of condition in the process ; this is normal and cannot be avoided. The only solution is to go and find a smith to repair it.

well duh.

C

Cybwyn

At last \o/

Condition of the belt is down to 82% but I'm not arsed about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom