Goa Please Fix The Lag In Toa (attention Kemor)

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Since getting the game on friday my whole guild have suffered from really bad "zone lag" which includes 5-15 second pauses, cant stick to people for any period of time, cant run buffbots.

It really is ruining the experience for alot of us, for instance we all logged tonight as it was the worse its been yet. I dunno if you have overloaded one of your machines with this,or is some goa added bug, but you really do need to fix it please :( I know for a fact its not a internet related problem as i have run trace routes to server while playing and my ping is 30ms stable with no packet loss.

I suggest others experiencing the same conditions make their feelings known also and maybe it will be fixed sooner rather then later.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure the lag is a ToA problem, not GoA - infact looking at the 1.68 patch notes theres a little mention about code optimization (not sure what that means but i'd assume its relevent).

TBH though I havn't been experiencing any major lag, maybe its your PC? Have you tried turning down the graphics settings to their lowest? I really question whether or not Mythic were bullshitting when they came up with their 'recommended PC spec' for ToA - been hearing lots of people complaining about lag even with their PC meeting this spec. :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Have gotten lag aswell and so does every1 I speak to. Think that my system should manage ToA

AMD64 3000+@3400+
1024 Kingston DDR
S-ATA disk
Radeon 9700PRO

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
Since getting the game on friday my whole guild have suffered from really bad "zone lag" which includes 5-15 second pauses, cant stick to people for any period of time, cant run buffbots.

It really is ruining the experience for alot of us, for instance we all logged tonight as it was the worse its been yet. I dunno if you have overloaded one of your machines with this,or is some goa added bug, but you really do need to fix it please :( I know for a fact its not a internet related problem as i have run trance routes to server while playing and my ping is 30ms stable with no packet loss.

I suggest others experiencing the same conditions make their feelings known also and maybe it will be fixed sooner rather then later.

Agree with above, PC is fine , internet is fine , lds, latency etc...

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
been having strong Lds today and last day.

Mostly swedish people tho

I blame telia

and its near impossible for me to run on medium settings 1280x1024 in green glades fps bar goes red always.

spec on pc is

2.7 ghz P4
512 mb DDR Ram (333)
Ati Radeon 9700 Pro.

All drivers up to date. defrag etc always

acei

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting minimal lag, i get a bit of comp lag in the housing zone due to the new tree's but that's pretty much all. The new ToA zones haven't been laggy for me only general comp lag when alot of people have been onscreen or something like that. Teleporting is laggy for about 5-10secs but to be expected (teleporting used to crash ToA for me but it's been solved now).

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I dont see how just because they have a low RR means they cant have a point of view on this subject Xeanor.

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
I have also noticed excessive lag, and fairly regular LD's, although may be partle computer related, its a lot worse since toa than it was with si. I actually manged to get my perf meter showing three red squares today and it didn't actually LD me, just made it unplayable for a minute or 2

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Archeon said:
I'm pretty sure the lag is a ToA problem, not GoA - infact looking at the 1.68 patch notes theres a little mention about code optimization (not sure what that means but i'd assume its relevent).

TBH though I havn't been experiencing any major lag, maybe its your PC? Have you tried turning down the graphics settings to their lowest? I really question whether or not Mythic were bullshitting when they came up with their 'recommended PC spec' for ToA - been hearing lots of people complaining about lag even with their PC meeting this spec. :(
Well most of us have uber pc's well above the spec required. radeon 9800xt 3000+ athlon etc. This is not frames per second lag trust me. Also hmmm I doubt its a mythic thing ? I've never seen anything on vgn about server issues and I would take a guess that if the yanks had the same isssues we are experiencing there would be atleast 100 threads on the topic. Not like US players are scared of complaining is it :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
I mostly only get lag when I just zoned, and that for about 30-60 secs or so. otherwise I feel it's smoother than pre-ToA. I have a just above recomended compspec, non to über using 1280x1024 resolution.
nuthin to fix for me! :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Only problem I has with ToA was yesterday evening when suddenly I got the message :

An error has occured. Your connection has been terminated.

Took a few minutes to get back in only to find out my entire group had the same problem.....

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
Also hmmm I doubt its a mythic thing ? I've never seen anything on vgn about server issues and I would take a guess that if the yanks had the same isssues we are experiencing there would be atleast 100 threads on the topic. Not like US players are scared of complaining is it :)

Check back on the VNboards a couple of months back to when ToA was first released over there, i'm fairly sure there have been whines about it somwhere (shame you have to pay to use the search function or i'd do it)

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
i'm running it on an AMD 2200 , 1gig ddr 400 , Radeon 9600 pro 128mb . Paging file is 1 gig .

I have my screen set to 1600x1024 , gfx settings are all at max . Only thing i don't have on is shadows and the game runs totally smooth for me tbh .

Only time i seem to get an latency etc is when i'm in the housing zone .

I have noticed that its using a huge amount of memory though on my system . Seems to be using around 500 mb of mem on my system .

Oh , i have precaching off as well as it causes probs on my comps for some reason .

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Only gotten lag in Sobekite Eternal and Temple of twilight, and that was with zergs =/

living

Fledgling Freddie
I got a p3 1,3Ghz GeForce ti-300 512mb ram and im pretty much running lag free except in populated areas and in rvr. Got all effects on but water and shadows and low clip range. Cant understand why u guys lag worse in toa when mine actually improved. Maybe its the graphic cards :>

Tho i have been gitting LDs (with no lags at all just suddenly pops up saying im LD) and the "error has occured" ALOT!!!.
Also login server seems to be slow

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Last night I had a 1-2 second delay on a lot of stuff while I was questing .. it was annoying but not life threatening on the mobs we were killing

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
What kind of "lag" we are talking about here? Graphic lag or internet latency?

If we are talking about graphical lag (trouble to move around, slow motion, loading) then be sure to check all the usual first (drivers, etc) and then try to use different settings. There will be some client optimization in coming patches but this kind of problem varies a lot from one computer to the next

If we are talking about internet connection latency (5 seconds delay after trying to sit or cast a spell, etc), then it's totally different. Here again check the usual (your ISP, tracert to server) and if you can't find the why, time to contact us. When you have lag in game, try in different zones (ToA, SI, dungeon, capital cities, other realm frontiers) and see if you have the problem everywhere. If not, please report to Rightnow including the zones where you had the problem.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
The "lag" people are referring to is the "lockups" that occur at certain poitns while running through zones; personally I havn't had this happen in dungeons, but trying to stick to someone in Ashen etc is close to impossible. Possibly a precaching problem but most people I speak to get this, regardless of settings or specs.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Personaly ive been playing ToA all weekend, and every evening, only went linkdead once, and had no lag at all whether this be IP based LAG or graphics LAG

AMD 2600 - 1GB mem - Geforce3TI
no water effects - no shadows - precache all (ditch the fluff for performance)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well last night my perf meters were showing green and no lag in packets lost or in slow connection or in frame rate.

I have an ati 9800xt so fps shouldnt be a problem.

Dispite all this I still had a couple of second delay on sending chat to any channel and also in sending style/action commands to the char. I don't know if its processing speed of the servers or something but it doesn't seem to be an internet issue or a client issue but probably something server side.

Haven't been able to test in other zones last night so this was what i experienced in TOA.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Path my lag wasn't while going across zones .. I only got a little lag jump when I did that and didnt get the 20 second freeze or such .. I spoke to others and they were getting the same thing as me.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Moriath said:
Well last night my perf meters were showing green and no lag in packets lost or in slow connection or in frame rate.

I have an ati 9800xt so fps shouldnt be a problem.

Dispite all this I still had a couple of second delay on sending chat to any channel and also in sending style/action commands to the char. I don't know if its processing speed of the servers or something but it doesn't seem to be an internet issue or a client issue but probably something server side.

Haven't been able to test in other zones last night so this was what i experienced in TOA.
This is same for me, the "lag" is happening while i got 30+ fps showing with fraps and also im doing traceroute in dos and ping is 30ms stable not one lost packet.

It's like either huge loading spikes with no harddrive access on my machine which freezes the game, or like a 10 second delay on sitting/casting etc even though my ping is 30ms. I can send you traces kemor etc but I seriously dont think its that.

legis

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is horrible at times, at least on Prydwen. Having up to 5 seconds lockups, which can have some vital results. For example, running by the lava seas, trying to turn left, lockup begins, you release your tunring-left-key, you get a 5 seconds lockup and then the character comes back having done a 270 turn and ended up in the lava, and hence dead.

These lockup happened too many times yesterday evening. One of my friends had two accounts running on his machien and on one account everything just froze. Huge lag, making him being able to turn 1 degree every 10 minutes or something. The other account still worked OK.

I am on an 8 MBit connection, 2.6 GHz pentium, 512 RAM and GF4. Sure, I could use a little more RAM, but I get the same on a 1.4 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM and GF4.

I suspect this to be a client problem, or maybe even a server delay problem. The excessive CPU usage in combination with huge memory usage, and fairly high graphical settings in DAoC. It is a lag thing though. You can click on an action, or type something and sometimes it takes 3-4 seconds until the action is confirmed on the screen, or your message is displayed in the chat.

I noticed this first even in SI/Classic, after the patch was released for the ToA expansion. Then it just got tripple worse in the ToA zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom