Goa! P-a-r-t-y

O

old.Arnor

I'm so happy!
Another friday, and NEWS FROM GOA!

The patch has been sped up, and is now scheduled to the first week of June!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The reason I'm posting these posts is because I feel GOA needs some kudos, not just flak! (Which ther has been alot of)

"Because of the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Exposition) the working with Mythic was a bit slow this week. This allowed the German & French teams to focus much more on the translation and the consistency among the names rather than on finding the possible bugs."

Maybe GOA should fire Mythic and really speed up the patching :p

Oh, an I care little for bugs, I want the FEATURES :)

O

old.Atrophy

Dosent that say that TEST server will be open start june (if so thats same as they said before) so real patch is still end june :(

O

old.Arnor

DAMN!

Missed that little detail in my euphoria :\

O

old.Xarr

when they said they will copy the player database from the most populated servers from every country i assume that means i can play my character on the test server when i goes live to see all the changes. but what i really ponder about is this; will everything i do on the test server be stored on the other server as well? or will i have two seperate versions of my character?

/boggle

:m00:

F

Flimgoblin

They'll take a snapshot of the excal db (or avalon or whatever), you can then test with your current character.

I expect anything you do there will be lost (otherwise people not playing on Gorre would lose out when the db went back, also if bugs made you superpowered/broke you completely that would be saved).

In fact I'm almost positive it will be just for the sheer nightmare that would be combining the databases afterwards.

L

lairiodd

They seem to be saying that the databases of servers cant be combined so this seems to mean that at any time only one language will be used at a time and you will only be able to log in when the are testing the language of the server that your char is created on. So lets say that on a certain day they testing english they will just copy the excal database across. So when using gorre no changes will be saved when they switch language and the almost certainly wont be copied/combined back to excal.

:( I play on pryd so wont get to see my char in 1.48 glory until the end of june

Another point just occured to me, since there should be less bugs in the English version as its not translated, they will probably not be testing with the excal database much

O

old.Crategus

Originally posted by Arnor
The patch has been sped up, and is now scheduled to the first week of June!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2002 or 2003?

S

SFXman

Woops, read it again and realised the fact that only the test server will have 1.48 on the first week of June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom