GOA organising 8vs8 tournament?

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
Found this on VGN

A 8v8 tournament is organized GOA (the company wich hosts european DAOC servers).
We'll play RR8/ML10 characters with all (almost) stuff we want.
We don't know what are the rules because they're still establishing them.
Here's link to a french board where a game master answers to questions :
http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=564055

What do you think about this event?

Sources : http://daoc.goa.com/fr/

Tournoi DAoC au Monde du Jeu 2005
Nous travaillons actuellement sur la finition des règles et sur la mise en place du formulaire d'inscription.
Une annonce particulière sur ce sujet sera faite la semaine prochaine lors de la mise en ligne du formulaire d'inscription et du règlement.

Nous vous rappelons que l'inscription sera gratuite mais qu'il est nécessaire de posséder un compte actif pour participer. Commencez d'ores et déjà à contacter vos amis pour former votre groupe !

We're working on the rules and the subscribtion form wich will be online next week.
The suscribtion is free, however an active account is required.

What do you guys think? Could be interesting to follow... wonder if they would organise a server-zerg-tournament as well! :twak:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I expect this is just for the Game Convention, and not for the regular game.

Jjuraa

Banned
sounds good. id join. are they doing it on all servers? or just the french ones for now

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
How come this is only on the french version of the site? Can't seem to find it on the english ones...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
My french isnt that good - can anyone sumarise ?

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
Maybe Requiel can shed some light into this if this is also taking other servers into account or just a french pilot, what I did unterstand (poor french language skills)

- seperate server will be put online for it
- tournament will be based on Shrouded Isles Expansion
- Patch Version 1.75 will be used
- You can only fight against groups from the other realms, no intra realm
- finals might be filmed by GOA
- teamspeak server will be provided by GOA
- registration form will be put online
- 10 ppl, 8 play 2 are reserve, if somebody doesn't show up
- 9 groups for each realm, a grand total of 27 for this tournament
- specific rules are not yet finalised

Cheers
Solo

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
So looks like you play with rr8, ML10 pre rolled as it were rather than your own character.

It also sounds very much like a Games Convention event and not something we're gonna see on regular servers :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ah i thought it was 8 people from GOA gonna make a group and fight ppl.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It will be open to players on all servers however the final will be held live at the Monde du Jeu game show in Paris. If you want to enter you have to be able to come to Paris and take part in the final. When more info is available it'll be on all the different language sites.

Teh actual contest will take place on a special server and you'll create characters especialy for it (in much the same way as the test characters for the NF beta). It won't be on a live server.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Phantomby said:
altavista babelfish is your friend

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Babelfish is not my friend if it says:

This wire of discussion was automatically created following the fence of a wire of which the length could have a negative impact on the performances of the waiter.

I'm no closer to enlightenment :( I thought this was about RVR? no one mentioned anything about a fence or a waiter??

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:

I'm no closer to enlightenment :( I thought this was about RVR? no one mentioned anything about a fence or a waiter??

I was going to say the same - i think Waiter is "Server" :) but as for the rest .... silly translation tool

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dukat said:

lol thats quite possibley the funniest thing i've read all day.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
It will be open to players on all servers however the final will be held live at the Monde du Jeu game show in Paris. If you want to enter you have to be able to come to Paris and take part in the final. When more info is available it'll be on all the different language sites.

Teh actual contest will take place on a special server and you'll create characters especialy for it (in much the same way as the test characters for the NF beta). It won't be on a live server.

Superb...

I could be up for that for a laugh...

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Requiel said:

Can't you hand out the ip for english players? :cheers:

edit - is just the final in Paris? or can everyone do it but unless your in paris your not allowed to play the final?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I believe that one of the conditions of entry is that you will be present in Paris for the final. There will be preliminary rounds but the exact details haven't been finalised yet.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
so lets say we say we can make it to parise, play good enough to be one of the teams to play in the finals then do a...

screw you guys! I'm going home ... (dosnt come to paris that is)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Requiel said:
I believe that one of the conditions of entry is that you will be present in Paris for the final. There will be preliminary rounds but the exact details haven't been finalised yet.
Has there got to be proof you will be there? Or can you some french guy e-mail me the details? :cheers:

Watchh

One of Freddy's beloved
Main issue is, will there be a price worth it to come all the way to Paris ( & pay for all the costs etc)!

Mey

Part of the furniture
i can see it now, warlock 8 man team.. although how ubber would a 8 man stealther team be :D

mawh

Fledgling Freddie
need seven volounteer´s stealthers too great a nice fullgrp ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom