Goa News and Information (part5)

O

old.scourge

Well still no word in the big bad world of when we will be getting in-game support, I have got so use to it not being there that i am beginning to think what is the point?

Although it would be usefull to report stucks, cheats, offensive peeps etc.....

But Goa will need 3x as many people because of the language barrier.

what do you all think.... Are you bothered with in-game support...?

A

Alrindel

Well still no word in the big bad world of when we will be getting in-game support
Er, when did they ever say that they were even thinking about it? As far as I knew GOA decided very early on that there would never be the same 24/7 in-game CSR support that Mythic provides. Given that it costs a LOT more money to hire people to do this kind of work in Europe than it does in America, and on top of that they would need CSRs who spoke fluent french, english and german... well, they could do it, but DAoC would cost us all 100 euros/month ;)

K

Keri

It shouldn't be too hard to find fluent French/German/etc speakers. I used to work for a US company that had a large office in London. Most of the staff were non-Brits, whose first languages included French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Portugese and probably others I don't remember right now. I agree that there is a cost factor involved, and GOA stated very early on that there would be no /appeal (btw, have they disabled that command yet? If not, they really should), but I think lack of in-game support has been proven to be a source of frustration for a lot of players, and perhaps providing it would help to increase the player base.

B

Brannor McThife

One of the first things I'll do when I start my tour of the US Servers is /appeal :D

"No Billy, don't prod the lion through the bars."
"But WHYYYYY?"
<Prod>
RRRRROOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRR
"Mommy, I just went to the bathroom."

;)

Just HAVE to see the response time...I'll come up with some or other excuse. :D

-G

A

Alrindel

Excerpted from the New Adventures of Bodil (Bors/Albion)

misc_naob1a.gif

If you don't know who Bodil is I'm not going to tell you.

As for response time, Jeff Hickman posted in March that the customer support team had managed to get the response time to under 1 hour for regular appeals (10 minutes for anything flagged as "game stoppage", ie. being stuck)

In September 2001 (3 months after commercial release) the average response time for /appeal was three days. :rolleyes:

S

SFXman

English CS for english servers, german for german and french for french... simple.

F

Flimgoblin

And to pay for the CSR team they're upping the cost per month to 20 euros ;)

I think I'm happy with RightNow thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom